Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
In the hope someone might have some bright ideas! Here is the body of an email I have just sent to LMC asking for advice.

"We are on a campsite at Burgos in Spain. There is a 6 amp power supply. This morning we were using the electrical heating and a low power kettle and the power tripped. When the site power was restored our 240 volt system did not work.

1. The contact breakers in the wardrobe did not trip.
2. We tried a different site supply, which we know to be working, with no effect.
3. We tried a different cable and two pin adapter (both functional), provided by the van next door.

The 12v system is functioning.

We have a Schaudt Elektrobloc 100-2 and a solar panel.
I did notice that the leisure battery voltage was at 14.5 volts for a short period. It remains high.

I have two main questions.

a. Is there anything I can do as a non technical user?
b. Do you have dealers or others that you know of near to us in Burgos, or elsewhere in Spain, who could check and repair the systems?"

I gloomily fear there is something horrible going on, but am hopeless with electrics.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Dave

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It doesn't say, but I would imagine by the text that the OP thinks by using both items the tripped the site fuse. There RCD didn't show a trip but I wonder if there's a fuse in line somewhere. Does over current blow an RCD?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can try disconnecting the battery, if you have a solar panel you need to disconnect that first. Leave it for a few minutes then reconnect, with any luck the Elektroblock will reset.

Did the power trip instantly or did the voltage go down slowly, as Elektroblocks don't like low voltage and it can damage them.

Also if the battery voltage is above 13v there must be an output from the charger.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
. The contact breakers in the wardrobe did not trip.

double check, they can trip and not look 'tripped'..

switch them off by pushing down, then up to reset ..

To check if power is getting into the van, on an ELCB (beside the circuit breakers) .. .. try the test button.. it should trip if you have power..

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Try manually tripping all your van trips and resetting them as sometimes the do not look like they have tripped. If you have over 13 volts reading on batteries then the E/Block is working and passing solar power to batteries. Are you able to test for power coming into your main trips. If this does not help an auto electrician is your best bet as going further will be beyond your scope.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Are the 12V circuits working? If so, it suggests the Elektroblock is not the problem.
Is the leisure battery voltage still above 13V? If so then the EBL is receiving 230V power and is charging the battery(ies). If not, then the earlier 14.5V reading may have come from the solar panel. That still does not necessarily indicate a fault in the EBL.
Have you checked all 230V outlets? The sockets and fridge are supplied separately to the EBL but if the trip or supply line has failed there will be no mains to any of them.

OP
OP
Daveg

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Thanks all for the advice, with a special mention for @ScotJim and @teensvan99. It was the main circuit breakers for the 240V system. I shut them down and turned them on again and it is now working fine.

The sub to Fun is justified for the umpteenth time.

I really dislike electric systems though.

Dave

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The problem is even though the site says 6amp power supply it may will be to the post, but they tend to then take 3 spares from that post to other posts. There is also the fact here in Spain they do not worry to much about earthing.................. Glad your sorted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back