Beware !!!! when on sunny hols !!! (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Using your phone in the sun

mob.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So true.

On Sunday we went to see Jasper Carrott, first a meal in a restaurant. Young couple opposite me never stopped poking at their phones and "you show me yours and I'll show you mine". One of many such sights around us.

Then into the theatre, looked over the balcony and a sea of screens. Hundreds of them poking away at their screens. At least they went out during the performance but the interval, out they came.

How did the world survive without mobile phones ?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
This is not me being thick or flippant, but genuinely, what on earth are people doing on the blasted things? I was sat in the doctors waiting room yesterday and apart from two old ladies having a pleasant chat everyone was fiddling about with their phones. Are they talking/messaging people to say they are sat in the doctors waiting room, playing a game of some kind or doing things for work? I really, really have no idea, but it annoys the hell out of me when I go out with friends and they are all at it around the restaurant table or at a gig. Sometimes I might just be invisible........

Deleted User
This is not me being thick or flippant, but genuinely, what on earth are people doing on the blasted things? I was sat in the doctors waiting room yesterday and apart from two old ladies having a pleasant chat everyone was fiddling about with their phones. Are they talking/messaging people to say they are sat in the doctors waiting room, playing a game of some kind or doing things for work? I really, really have no idea, but it annoys the hell out of me when I go out with friends and they are all at it around the restaurant table or at a gig. Sometimes I might just be invisible........

Reading news, messaging friends, doing work, playing games - or a mixture of all of these.

Whilst I totally agree with you about restaurants etc. in a doctors waiting room, its no different to reading a magazine (only more interesting and less chance of catching summat!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Personally my mobile is only used for making phone call's ( then only in an emergency ) or receiving a call from Her Who must obeyed !!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I suppose it must be more interesting than reading a magazine in my doctors waiting room. I was reading National Geographic there the other day and thought the articles seemed a little dated. When I looked at the cover it was the July 1994 edition!!!

Deleted User
You were lucky, at least they usually have some decent pics and articles in the Nat Geographic. Our surgery has these bloody things (I have no idea what sort of person purchases such a thing)

the-peoples-friend-magazine.jpg

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
(y)
You were lucky, at least they usually have some decent pics and articles in the Nat Geographic. Our surgery has these bloody things (I have no idea what sort of person purchases such a thing)

You need to get yourself one of those new fangled smartphones to play with. You can also use it in restaurants to upset miserable ol' gits.(y)(y)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Cool! Why didn't I think of that? About time I joined in, but I don't have any friends to send messages to.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Snapchat, Farce Book, Sh^tter to start with... Then gaming .. Nearly had a bloody heart attack a while ago
All sitting round the table chatting, suddenly one of the grand kid shouts and topples backwards off his chair !!
Turned out he had just been 'killed' in some game or other !

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009

Hi.
The magazine itself,is aimed at women,my first wife has it sent to Portugal every month,depending on your outlook on life,there are a lot of little gems of pieces in them.
There was one in the unit one time when we were out,off she goes shopping/whatever,so to while away an hour,i picked up The Peoples Friend....... Mistake. Lots of little poems,tales of the "Farmer and his wife?"(If you have ever been in that region Cupar Fife,it all comes to life). Recipes,cross word puzzles,photos and true stories from all over the world and "Lasting Friendships",that have stood the test of time and distance,photos of then and now.
I am a hairy bottomed ex lorry driver of 76yrs and would put in a word of praise for this "Mag"so no stereotyping then,LOL

First a Disclaimer.. I have NEVER,nor WANTED to be a member of the WI.
Having spent many a year at the Wenleydale Show Nr Leyburn,i always had to visit the WI Tent and see the produce,beautiful cakes and jams.(And the cutting remarks about cakes/bread etc that had been before the Judges? ) Some of these remarks could have een seen as libel i am sure! I am sure that staunch members of the WI.would want to ban this mag out of hand.
It appeals to allsorts and does it well in my opinion,go on,force yourselves,there are people from all over the world subscribing stories,what have you got to lose?
Tea Bag

Now where was i? Oh yes,the farmer has to go to Pittenweem to see an old mate..........

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
I wouldn't mind, but in a very intimate moment in bed the other night she told me that the Chinese have bought a share of Man. City....... Bloody phones, .......ruined the moment..........

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi.
The magazine itself,is aimed at women,my first wife has it sent to Portugal every month,depending on your outlook on life,there are a lot of little gems of pieces in them.
There was one in the unit one time when we were out,off she goes shopping/whatever,so to while away an hour,i picked up The Peoples Friend....... Mistake. Lots of little poems,tales of the "Farmer and his wife?"(If you have ever been in that region Cupar Fife,it all comes to life). Recipes,cross word puzzles,photos and true stories from all over the world and "Lasting Friendships",that have stood the test of time and distance,photos of then and now.
I am a hairy bottomed ex lorry driver of 76yrs and would put in a word of praise for this "Mag"so no stereotyping then,LOL

First a Disclaimer.. I have NEVER,nor WANTED to be a member of the WI.
Having spent many a year at the Wenleydale Show Nr Leyburn,i always had to visit the WI Tent and see the produce,beautiful cakes and jams.(And the cutting remarks about cakes/bread etc that had been before the Judges? ) Some of these remarks could have een seen as libel i am sure! I am sure that staunch members of the WI.would want to ban this mag out of hand.
It appeals to allsorts and does it well in my opinion,go on,force yourselves,there are people from all over the world subscribing stories,what have you got to lose?
Tea Bag

Now where was i? Oh yes,the farmer has to go to Pittenweem to see an old mate..........
How many wives have you got ? :Eeek:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

Somebody knitting fashions from the 1970's

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Somebody knitting fashions from the 1970's

Hi.
Your secrets out,"You" read them as well,never mind,there will only be a few reading this post................. LOL!!
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back