Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=95269

My daughter lost her rescued dog on Saturday. She had only collected her earlier in the day when on the way home, she jumped out of the car at the Southbound Hilton Park Motorway Service Station on the M6. Hopefully, I can use the Funster network to help please.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just bumping this up hope you find him
image.jpg
image.jpg

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Best of luck finding her, so worrying when pets go missing. Have you contacted the RSPCA in that area?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I saw this happen to a dog owner on a French motorway.

Very sad.

Good luck

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
RSPCA, Dog Rescue, Police, Highways Agency, Farmers Watch, Local Dog Kennels, Service Statin Notice board. You name it we've tried it (I hope). Just hoping to add funsters to the list as well.
Jess (Daughter) is absolutely devastated constantly reliving the moment she jumped out of the car - if only I did this if only I didn't do that etc. Trouble is we are on the South Coast, so we are relient on these local volunteers who have been fantastic so far. They do have a very good success rate, so it is all digits crossed.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Might be worth giving CAARS animal rescue a ring,local to Hilton Park, 01922 476208

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I saw a poster for a lost dog once. It read.

LOST DOG
Border collie type Black and white colour.
Only has one eye
lost one leg in an accident
Ear bitten off in a fight
Has mange
Is incontinent
no teeth cant chew
Answers to the name of LUCKY !

Phil

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Well slight update. She has been spotted by someones house, they tried to entice her in but she ran away.:( At least she still has the energy and it was reported she looked well. Dog Warden gave the cursory 30 mins then left. :cautious: apparently. Last seen on the A449 headed direction unsure.
Lets hope

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
She will almost certainly head for the last place she remembers so don't forget to check with the rescue people and (if they advise it) the previous owners. The greyhound we rescued (the one before Dylan my avatar pic) had been found abandoned about 25 miles away from where we live. We collected him from a Rescue place 15 miles from where we live & he'd been with them for a week or so. The day after we acquired him my wife took him to our vet for a full check-over (he was malnourished and full of worms amongst other things). I was at work. As my wife crossed the road near to the vet's practice on her return home she slipped & fell on a cobbled area of pavement. She released the dog's lead as she fell. A 'helpful' passer-by shouted loudly at the dog in an attempt to stop him running off which had the opposite effect. Anyway I arrived home from work just minutes after my wife got home to find her distraught about losing the dog. We live about 1/2 mile from the vet but a couple of streets offset. I set off with our other dog to find him - and found him checking out the house directly opposite ours. He came to me when called. He had been with us for less than 24 hours and the trip to the vet was his first outside of our garden. If your dog can figure out which way is 'home' that is where she'll go.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Glad all worked out well in the end. Unfortunately, we live 3 hours away and the dog's foster home was about a further 1 or so up the road. She has had a few sightings again and very helpful people are still out and about. Her previous foster "Mum" is there now and hopefully next sighting she will be able to get to her and a familiar face should work. More positive then earlier and I am sure it will only be a matter of time. She has remained in the local area of the service station 5-6 mile radius, so will hopefully scavenge near the last sighting at a pub.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I'm all on edge and anxious for you, your daughter and the pretty Lilah, you all must be so worried. Keeping everything crossed for a good outcome soon.....

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I heard about this as I help out with my local DogLost group. I'm sure that I read that there is help from Ray Dedicoat? If so, he is so experienced and knowledgeable.
I'm sure its only a matter of time before she'll be caught.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
K9 Search is part of this outstanding bunch of people that are dedicated to re-uniting lost dogs. Hopefully with his and all the other's skills, Jess will have her back soon.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
@rosierose Ray is currently on another Job, but will hopefully be available soon. Jess is going back up to the Area later this morning.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Unfortunately not. There have been sightings of black labs but these were not her. Jess is there again this weekend to search a wider field.
Ee are still hopeful as there are loads of good natured people involved.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@Zigisla I meant to tell you earlier and seeing you post about your new motorhome has jogged my memory.
There was a report and picture of Lilah in tonights local paper, I hope it brings a happy outcome.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
One of the other gang members is checking this out. I really do hope so. What a present for Jess:xThumb: If it is good news I will sacrifice the Setthorns trip to take her and her boyfriend up there so they have somewhere to stay. It is costing them a fortune, but hopefully all will be worth it in the end

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Zigisla My son lives nearby where Lilah has been sighted and he is not at work today if you would like him to help out just shout

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
A positive sighting this morning on the canal. Some tracker bloke is on his way we think so hopefully a double Xmas pressie. May use the new MH differently then planned this weekend. Setthorns can wait.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Jane and Jess were there this weekend. They have found where she has made her den and staked out the benches she has been spotted under,but no joy. The area has been baited with Lilah's old quilt and a strip put in the den. I am positive it is only a matter of when.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back