birmingham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Has anyone tried to download to a TomTom from this site.

Aire Camping in France - Accommodation GPS POI data directory for Garmin, TomTom, Navman, Destinator and other GPS brands. - GPS POI Data

If so can they let me know if it works. I am sure there are some Teckies out there.

I am not that confident to try it myself. I have downloaded aire from another site but I am not sure how new the information is???

Putties

not tried that site, there are many poi sites you can download from.

Try this site click here covers most satnavs.

Tom Tom poi's consist of a ov2 file and a bmp file so for the aires in france there will be many files representing each aire,

Once you have downloaded these files (you will probably need to unzip them)its then a matter of adding these files to your satnav (map file.)

sounds complicated ;but straight forward once you have done it .

regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david1234

Deleted User
not tried that site, there are many poi sites you can download from.

Try this site click here covers most satnavs.

Tom Tom poi's consist of a ov2 file and a bmp file so for the aires in france there will be many files representing each aire,

Once you have downloaded these files (you will probably need to unzip them)its then a matter of adding these files to your satnav (map file.)

sounds complicated ;but straight forward once you have done it .

regards

hi iv just seen this, downloaded one of them? then pluged my tom tom in not sure if tomtom found these poi,s
but hunted around and found you can download from tomtom site its self free of charge.
i was using tomtom home2 think you go to safty cam then it shows poi uploader theres a list of all diffrent poi,s that some you buy some are free??
these poi,s are put there by users of tomtom seam ok??
when you find the poi page type in aires pick the ones that have are in blue :thumb: green and blue with a P beside it,
there are loads on there all free? back your system up first just in case.

before i done any of this though i updated everything added all fixes etc.

anyway it worked and i now have a very good aires poi selection on my gps.:thumb:

anyone not sure ill run through it with them just ping me:Doh:

D

david1234

Deleted User
Has anyone tried to download to a TomTom from this site.

Aire Camping in France - Accommodation GPS POI data directory for Garmin, TomTom, Navman, Destinator and other GPS brands. - GPS POI Data

If so can they let me know if it works. I am sure there are some Teckies out there.

I am not that confident to try it myself. I have downloaded aire from another site but I am not sure how new the information is???

Putties
it works read my post.
gps aires for tomtom thanks:thumb:

Archie

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Funster No
hi iv just seen this, downloaded one of them? then pluged my tom tom in not sure if tomtom found these poi,s
but hunted around and found you can download from tomtom site its self free of charge.
i was using tomtom home2 think you go to safty cam then it shows poi uploader theres a list of all diffrent poi,s that some you buy some are free??
these poi,s are put there by users of tomtom seam ok??
when you find the poi page type in aires pick the ones that have are in blue :thumb: green and blue with a P beside it,
there are loads on there all free? back your system up first just in case.

before i done any of this though i updated everything added all fixes etc.

anyway it worked and i now have a very good aires poi selection on my gps.:thumb:

anyone not sure ill run through it with them just ping me:Doh:

Hi David and of course all the others who read this message,

I saw you have downloaded my poi's from TomTomHome.
There is nothing I can't do about it, but I want to say you a few thing about it.

- My poi-collection is placed illegal on this site (see the copyright warning on my website) :Blush:
- The poi's on TTHome are very old, you will miss a lot of the later updates:thumbdown:
- You can download the actual version directly from my website, free of charge:thumb:

Please, don't support illegal actions and don't download old stuff.

In my downloads you will not only find the poi's itselves, but also a short manual to install them on your TomTom, which is by the way quiet simple.

Kind regards,
Archie
Link Removed

talby

Free Member
Dec 16, 2008
Exmouth Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
Hi Archie,

I have seen your websight before and would like to download the poi's but I have a Becker Z 201 Sat nav and it would appear that I am unable to do that.

Is there any chance that sometime in the future there wil be a download sutable for a Becker.

Regards Roger

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Is there an absolute idiots step by step guide on how to get these Aires from the camping car infos site on to a Tom Tom. By idiots guide I mean (press start at bottom left of screen go into computer etc). For me its an achievement just to get logged on to this site so my knowledge of computers is sadly zilch.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi just downloaded the files from the GPS data team, converted them to KML and loaded them in to google earth, from a rough sample of around 20 they don't seem to bad, some are spot on others are obviously wrong, but that's the case with most POI's

Did the same to the one Jim put a link to, CCinfos, which seems much bigger and better, it also includes most of mainland Western Europe, so IMO is the one to go for.

Olley

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Is there an absolute idiots step by step guide on how to get these Aires from the camping car infos site on to a Tom Tom. By idiots guide I mean (press start at bottom left of screen go into computer etc). For me its an achievement just to get logged on to this site so my knowledge of computers is sadly zilch.

Yes, I have just done it a few hours ago, unforunatly I dont have the ULR now but I found it by googleing "french airs for tomtom"

But in short....................

BACKUP YOUR TOMTOM FIRST

Down load the POI's.

Plug in the tomtom.

Turn Tomtmtom home off if it starts.

Find the tomtom in your list of disc's.

open up the tomtom disk.

Open up the euromap.

Drag and drop or copy and paste into the euromap directory the POI's that you want( There is 2 files for each POI selected, a Icon and a Data file).

Eject the tomtom from your computer let tomtom settle after the disconnection.

Turn off the tomtom

Reboot tomtomtom

Check that you have POI's set for "show"

If every thing is OK backup you tomtom again.

IT'S DONE.

Doug...

Last edited:

Archie

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Funster No
Hi Archie,

I have seen your websight before and would like to download the poi's but I have a Becker Z 201 Sat nav and it would appear that I am unable to do that.

Is there any chance that sometime in the future there wil be a download sutable for a Becker.

Regards Roger

Hello Roger,

Sorry for the enormous delay, but I couldn't help you before.
I have heard from some Becker users who have iGO software on their satnav it is possible to use the poi's of GoogleEarth (.kml format).

Good luck,

Archie
Link Removed

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi Archie nice to see you on here.

I can vouch for archies pois, i have used them for years from the T&T caravan website link, and both Archie and his friend have worked hard to make sure they are as accurate as they can be

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Evans88 I am with you on this would love this info especialy to cover french aires and any sites up to Holland.I did work out to put the ones on from TT home though but now it dosnt sound like they will be good enuff . Please someone explain in thickos simple english :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back