Devon and Cornwall trip (1 Viewer)

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Having read all the posts regarding wildcamping restrictions in Devon and Cornwall we were not surprised to find "No overnight parking" signs at all popular seaside car parks on our recent trip. However, there was one particular exception and jewel in the crown...TINTAGEL. This beautiful North Cornwall location boasts more than four car parks where motorhomes can pay less than £2.00 for all day parking and as little as £2.50 for overnighting (8pm to 10am). It was sad and annoying to see around early evening all the empty car parks at other locations that were losing revenue because of the imposed restrictions...wake up Cornwall, take a leaf out of Tintagels' book!

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Doh!

We were in Tintagel last year in a hired MH and paid to use the camp-site at the end of the village :Doh:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
I am sure that if Newquay and other surfing areas opened carparks for overnight camping they would be full everynight.
But i am sure you would not want to spend the night in your motorhome next to them,plus the cost of cleaning up the mess would outwheigh the revenue generated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
just back from cornwall some parts have no tv digital or analouge signals, poor mobile phone and internet reception too.

not sure why not mountain ranges.

if you like tv you will need a sat set up if going near lands end way.

OP
OP
lufcdave7

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
We noticed that the digital switch over for the South West is planned for the 1st July and a much stronger signal is promised...should be better from tomorrow!?

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi All
Teignmouth and Dawlish Warren allow m/homes to overnight for free :thumb:
Max stay 48hrs
We were there last week, very-nice :thumb:
If you go to the Warren swing the gate shut about 9pm, it discourages any boy-racers.
We were told to do this by the parking warden !

Regards...nige

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just back from cornwall some parts have no tv digital or analouge signals, poor mobile phone and internet reception too.

Have been to Lands End many times,why on earth would you want to watch TV with views like that.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
3 coverage is poor in the southwest, mobile phone signal varies from place to place, But where ever you are there are reasonable TV signals, well there will be up until the changeover to digital, at which point I've no doubts it will all go tits up. Here in Ilfracombe We have always had channel five and up to 98 digital channels, but with the reorganisation will end up with less than we have now. As to overnighting. I have never had a problem overnighting anywhere in Devon or Cornwall, you just have to train yourself where to look. The west country has some of the most spectacular scenery in the country, do come and enjoy it. you never know my CL might even be open by the end of the season.

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
best internet dongle coverage we found was t mobile, orange in 2nd. vodaphone & 3 were poor or non existant.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Having read all the posts regarding wildcamping restrictions in Devon and Cornwall we were not surprised to find "No overnight parking" signs at all popular seaside car parks on our recent trip. However, there was one particular exception and jewel in the crown...TINTAGEL. This beautiful North Cornwall location boasts more than four car parks where motorhomes can pay less than £2.00 for all day parking and as little as £2.50 for overnighting (8pm to 10am). It was sad and annoying to see around early evening all the empty car parks at other locations that were losing revenue because of the imposed restrictions...wake up Cornwall, take a leaf out of Tintagels' book!

You can also pay to stay overnight on the Penzance car park IIRC its £1.50 for the day and £3.50 for the night. The warden will let you move to the field at the back of the car park. It has a panoramic sea view.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years

Welcome to Cornwall dude!...................We are always the last to get everything :Sad:
The word is we are getting new quills.............I think they are called BIRO's or something :thumb:

Boo

creamcake

Free Member
Jan 8, 2010
chudleigh devon
Funster No
MH
ldv conversion
which car park?

hi,thank you for your info. could you tell me which car park in penzance allows overnight sleeping please. any other info for wildcamping or carpark camping would be most helpful.
thanx again creamcake:helpsos:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs

Cornwall. Didn't you know!! Cornwall isn't part off the UK. They are the real Brits PS I'm from Devon!:thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
hi,thank you for your info. could you tell me which car park in penzance allows overnight sleeping please. any other info for wildcamping or carpark camping would be most helpful.
thanx again creamcake:helpsos:

Its the one just before the Campsite, you pay and display and then go to the village store to pay for the night parking. The old chap let us and another van onto the field behind the carpark so we were not disturbed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back