Message: All Those Retired Funsters Sunbathing in Spain and Portugal (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Bugger........ retired early so FAT chance of ever getting it. Never mind just have to enjoy the 19C currently outside.......................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Way too young!
But if I had extra £200 just think how many more bottles of Larios I could buy:D

........I'd need an even bigger fridge;)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Pfft! Not much chance of that, ruddy years to wait yet. Oh well I suppose I better go and get change out of my shorts and sun top, it's gone a bit chilly now and it's G&T o' clock.

I hope you crusties enjoy the the heating allowance!:lips::imoutahere:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bugger........ retired early so FAT chance of ever getting it.

it's not means tested.. even old farts in the House of Lords get it ..
https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/overview
You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).

Not to be confused with Cold Weather Payments, a different payment that is means tested

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have it on good authority that your Winter Fuel Payments are now in your accounts. It's your round. San Miguel please :)
Well if they live here then some must be telling porkies as it is stopped from this year for Brits living abroad.(n) Apparently doesn't get cold here so it couldn't have been ice I scraped off the windscreen this morning.:rolleyes:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Got mine, thank you. (y)

The VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan gets double bubble, 'cos he is special. :whistle:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Some Funsters already spending thiers in Alicante today.:)
Picture_000001.jpg

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
if you look at my avatar i went and got mine in the summer :whistle:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Well if they live here then some must be telling porkies as it is stopped from this year for Brits living abroad.(n) Apparently doesn't get cold here so it couldn't have been ice I scraped off the windscreen this morning.:rolleyes:

If you used to get it and no longer qualify YOU have to tell them you no longer qualify. :)

Last edited:

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
si** that is why i never got it :swear: had to wait till winter

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you used to get it and no longer qualify YOU have to tell them you no longer qualify. :)
They'd know by your address & the fact that, unless on a type of pension that cannot be paid gross, you are in the spanish tax system . or both
Of course, I'm sure Funsters would not be fraudulent, they are just visiting for the Sun. Anyway...Spain...Who would want to LIVE there? Winter yes but LIVE! not me. Portugal on the other hand.... it grows on me more every time I visit.
Yes I was thinking of moving there back in '84 . Wish we had done but one reason or another it didn't.:(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
They'd know by your address & the fact that, unless on a type of pension that cannot be paid gross, you are in the spanish tax system or both
This is from the official website:

When you won’t qualify
You won’t qualify if throughout the week of 21 to 27 September 2015 you:

• are in prison
  • are in hospital getting free treatment for more than 52 weeks
  • need permission to enter the UK and don’t qualify for help from the Department for Work and Pensions
  • have lived in a care home for the previous 12 weeks or more and get Pension Credit, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • lived in Cyprus, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Malta, Portugal or Spain

What they mean by "lived" isn't that clear, domiciled would be a definite legal term as would "normally resident".

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Does anyone give theirs away? I give mine to poor old people who really need it for their heating(y)!

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Of course, I'm sure Funsters would not be fraudulent, they are just visiting for the Sun. Anyway...Spain...Who would want to LIVE there? Winter yes but LIVE! not me. Portugal on the other hand.... it grows on me more every time I visit.
agree, but by gawd they hate the gerries. at Torre Velha young german couple announced drinks all round to say sorry for de war! at the bar the guy directed us away from some of the drinks that had been set up saying 'not those' they're crap - for them:rolleyes:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Does anyone give theirs away? I give mine to poor old people who really need it for their heating(y)!

The VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan, perhaps. Be careful, because I hear that he scrapes several in like this. :)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Tremybach.... Your picture from Alicante did abso-bleedin-lutely NOTHING for us Seasonaly Affected Depressives over here......
Hope to be there in the New year...
PS. Thanks a blooming LOT !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
No, far too young. :) but I know a few who are £200 richer today :LOL:

Point of order Jim before you start a line of them youngsters whining about how well done are them pensioners, its £100 per person, so please amend your post to I know a few COUPLES who are £200 richer over the next 3 weeks:whistle:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If you accept the payment and are out of the country during the winter....

It`s "Fraud"...... give it back, or send it onto me and I will make sure it get`s to the proper authority`s or those who are really in need of the extra cash... :nod: :nod: :nod: (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Point of order Jim before you start a line of them youngsters whining about how well done are them pensioners, its £100 per person, so please amend your post to I know a few COUPLES who are £200 richer over the next 3 weeks:whistle:
Yes that's right. Terry gets £100.I don't get it even though I qualified for pension on the 10th December. Anyone born before the 5th December 1953 gets it. Must be new rules.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Always amazed me that my brother living in France for the last 15 years has been getting the fuel allowance, s'pose that's stopped now?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I belong to the "I`m only getting back a fraction of the money I have paid in taxes over a life time`s working" Persuasion, and that applies to any and all "income" (I refuse to call them Benefits) coming from Government Sources.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back