Campsite showers (1 Viewer)

M

Mike-H

Deleted User
Turn your shoes upside down when you`re in the shower so they don`t fill with water. Yes, I learned that from experience :Doh: :roflmto:

Apply your sun lotion straight after showering so you don`t miss any bits :sin:

Those small, plastic backed, roll up, travel rugs are good for standing on while you dry your feet etc. :helptitanic: ::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Take a couple of carrier bags ,, 1 for shoes and dirty clothes and 1 for clean clothes,,

Most cubicles have one or two hooks, which are usually not big enough to hold all your loose clothing etc.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
....and, apply anything remotly smelly, spray deoderant and especially talke IN YOU'RE OWN B*****Y VAN so that those off us that are alergic to such things stand a chance of breathing/making it back out!:Angry:

Sorry, hyjack/rant over, :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Mike-H

Deleted User
....and, apply anything remotly smelly, spray deoderant and especially talke IN YOU'RE OWN B*****Y VAN so that those off us that are alergic to such things stand a chance of breathing/making it back out!:Angry:

Sorry, hyjack/rant over, :Blush:

GOOD POINT! :thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I only wear shorts, T-shirt and flip flops or similar when going to the shower. Only take shower gel and towel, anything else either gets in the way, gets wet, or gets forgotten!

Rgds
Bill

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
OR avoid all the above problems -

and shower in the van - you have, after all, paid a small fortune for it and you have carted it with you from home. (the shower that is! )

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Before drying rub yourself over with flannel before drying with towel, it stops the towel getting so wet.:thumb:

Dave

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
shower in the van - you have, after all, paid a small fortune for it

totally agree, we avoid "full blown pay a small fortune sites" like the plague, however, if forced to use and paid a small fortune for the privilege I'm sure as hell gonna get my moneys worth :winky:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
I'm sure as hell gonna get my moneys worth :winky:
As some of the above posters have mentioned - you may get more than your moneys worth. I have never believed in getting my moneys worth at the expense of getting something that need antibiotics or more to cure!
I have led a very sheltered life!!:Doh:

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
We always use our own shower as we always use basic sites.When we got the m/h
five years ago the previous owner had used it as a wardrobe which had a hanging rail
fixed across the top,but this did us a favour, we use the rail to hang the shower gel
on and coats when they are wet. :thumb:

regards
bald eagle

OP
OP
M

Mike-H

Deleted User
...but my van doesnt have a shower - unless I forget to close the sunroof and it rains :rain:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Be smart, don't be a guinea pig send someone else in first::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

peejay

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
The Wallace,
Thank goodness for your coments, as a 'no vanner' I was begining to wonder if it was worth the expence having a shower fitted!
Is there some thing all these 'off site'( not in their M H) users are not telling me? I would have thought it was fun trying to shower in you own cupboard:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The Wallace,
Thank goodness for your coments, as a 'no vanner' I was begining to wonder if it was worth the expence having a shower fitted!
Is there some thing all these 'off site'( not in their M H) users are not telling me? I would have thought it was fun trying to shower in you own cupboard:ROFLMAO:

remember the old addage.....'dont drop the soap'....
you'll never get down for it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
confused re shower

Why on earth would you buy a MH and not use the shower?? That's the point aint it! Worse still, buy a MH without a shower :Eeek: Very confused.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i used to know someone who spent close to 70 grand on a top of the range motorhome, had a large bathroom with one of those nice round glass shower erm... well being round it aint a cubicle, a roundicle?

it also had a thetford toilet with a dump through tank, i.e. the 17 litre tank is used, but below that is a fixed tank like an Rv has, and you can pull a lever and have it drop the removable tanks contents into the fixed tank if your dry camping for a while but know where you can dump down a sewer,

the van also had a few solar panels fitted from the factory, a large battery bank, wet central heating system and so on, it was the kind of van i would have gone for if i had 70 grand to burn, designed to be used in europe on the aire and stellplatz network, or wild camping,

But how did they use the van, they only ever EVER stayed on campsites with full facilities, and they didnt like europe so never went abroad, didnt even have passports.

hence they never used the shower in the van, and the toilet was for dire emergancies only, they would request they be pitched near the bog block so they could use it rather than the van's bathroom,
and of course they always had electric hookup, and to save using the built in central heating system, they had a couple of bloomin fan heaters on the floor!!!!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I would like to say they are missing a whole new way of "Fun" as in our conversion van there "is" a shower admittedly small but it is there if needed, and we wouldl use it should the need arises

We find it difficult to understand having a "wee van" why these beautiful big motor home's from home do not use their facilities when about, conserving but !

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i must admit, my first van i built being a panel van, i didnt put a shower in, nor an oven,

so when this one was built, as shower and oven was first on the list, back then i had always stayed on campsites, and never really had owt to cook in an oven, but i fittet them, my reasoning being it's a lot easier to use a shower as a wardrobe, and the oven as a cupboard, than try to shower in the wardrobe and cook a pie in a cupboard :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back