Have a Delivery Date, Starting To Get Excitied. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Emailed my German dealer last week to see how the van was doing, he replied telling me it had just gone in to production at the factory and would email the end of this week with an update.

Checked my emails all day yesterday and thought he'd forgot until I received the news at 18:00 to say the van will be with them on the 18th, I was told in July it would be middle of December so not far out. I have asked them to do a few extras for me so won't be ready until after Xmas and due to work and family commitments it will suit me better to leave it until early to middle Jan.

So far they have been great to deal with and very helpful they have offered to arrange a hotel for me as I will arrive there early evening to be picked up the next day to collect the van.

On the downside I have it booked in with @eddievanbitz for December so will give them a call on Monday to change the date.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Congratuations - hope it all goes well and everything is as it should.
Very exciting getting a new van - we know.
What dealer and roughly what saving buying there please>
What make and model if you don't mind telling us.
Good luck.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Pfft ok for some! Don't get mine till May 12th!
Ken we sold our last one in July and thought it's fine only a few months, boy have we missed it so really looking forward to getting away in the new one. I'm sure Steph will keep you busy around Parc Verger until it arrives.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
You must be so excited! You'll have a lovely trip, when you go to collect it and bring it home.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Our German dealer.......The best:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Congratuations - hope it all goes well and everything is as it should.
Very exciting getting a new van - we know.
What dealer and roughly what saving buying there please>
What make and model if you don't mind telling us.
Good luck.
Thanks, here is the dealers website that i have bought from who cam highly recommended from @Judgemental. http://www.duemo-duelmen.de/.
We have bought a Possel Roadcruiser which i believe is the same model as the Globecar Campscout both the same just Possel is the German badge.
How much have we saved well i don't have an exact figure when we first looked at these vans in the UK i was being quoted anything from £43K - £47 depending on interior and engine, we have went for the top of the range model with the elegance interior and have also had lots of extras added at the factory.
Awning 800 euros, sog 150 euro, bike rack 200 euro, winter pack (extra insulation and heated tanks) 1200 euros these are the main extras also had a few wee other things done and after i pay my VAT the total cost will be just under £33K. I will have to factor in the cost for collecting the van and driving it back I have went for RHD UK spec that added 1200 euros so nothing needing done to bring it into UK. I wouldn't think this will cost anywhere near £1k although that's what I've budgeted, I will be driving the van straight to Vanbitz on the way home to get some work done to it which will set me back a few pounds but id be doing this even if I'd bought in UK.

I will do a full review on the whole process once complete, just now I'm thinking it will come in at just under £34K depending on how much beer I drink when I go to Germany.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Great news Gerry, please call on us if we can be of assistance on your trip over or back, airport or docks runs or even accommodation. You'd be made most welcome.

Griff :Smile:
Thanks for the kind offer of a lift to Germany:):).

Thanks Griff you might regret this offer :), my plans are roughly to get to Amsterdam either plane or ferry from Newcastle, then train to Dulmen where dealer is based. On the way home though I plan on leaving him early evening and driving to Tunnel/Ferry for cheap crossing and from there will be heading to VanBitz so if your somewhere in that direction I might just pop in and visit.

if not then I'll just have to drive down one weekend and take up your offer:):).

Gerry

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Our German dealer.......The best:)
Yes Judge, so far I can't find fault with them everything I have asked they have answered and every time he has said he will do something he has. I certainly appreciate all the help you have given and definitely owe you a couple of beers, so if you ever fancy a wee holiday in Dumfries on me let me know.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Bet you and Lorraine can't wait to go exploring in the new van, new adventures
Spot on Val we didn't realise how much we would miss not having a van, it wuill certainly help for visiting Sophie at uni as it will save us driving up and back on the same day.
Sophie and me are heading off skiing once it arrives so Lorraine will have to wait :D:D

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Congratulations on your new motorhome and wishing you lots if safe travels and fun in it.

Kath

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
All the very best, and guarantee you'll get a great handover when you pick it up! Enjoy and safe trip but don't scrimp on the Veltingers/schultheiss/ take your pick, of a thousand good beers.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Enjoy your trip to pick up your new van, its an adventure picking up a van abroad.

We picked ours up just over two weeks ago from Belgium. All our paperwork is now completed, we fitted UK number plates on it yesterday and we are ready to head off on our first trip away.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks for the kind offer of a lift to Germany:):).

Thanks Griff you might regret this offer :), my plans are roughly to get to Amsterdam either plane or ferry from Newcastle, then train to Dulmen where dealer is based. On the way home though I plan on leaving him early evening and driving to Tunnel/Ferry for cheap crossing and from there will be heading to VanBitz so if your somewhere in that direction I might just pop in and visit.

if not then I'll just have to drive down one weekend and take up your offer:):).

Gerry
Dont know if Amsterdam more convenient but you can get a £35 easyjet flight to Dusseldorf, jump on train at airport and its an hour north. Call and they will pick you up at station

There is a free Aire in town, we always stay overnight to check everything's OK. Plenty of bars and eating places. Then you can go back to dealer in morning if need be...

Eddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Dont know if Amsterdam more convenient but you can get a £35 easyjet flight to Dusseldorf, jump on train at airport and its an hour north. Call and they will pick you up at station

There is a free Aire in town, we always stay overnight to check everything's OK. Plenty of bars and eating places. Then you can go back to dealer in morning if need be...

Eddie
Where is that from Eddie, I did check a month or two ago and the best for price was Amsterdam then train. As I will be away for a few night I'll need to take some stuff and thought it would be easier to carry bags on to ferry than plane still haven't made up my mind.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Do you have any photos to look at?

He has told me once the van arrives with him on the 18th he will take loads of pics to send me to make sure it's as ordered. At least it will give me a chance to see if the extras have been fitted.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the replies and good luck message everyone. Was on night shift last night and the guys ask what was wrong as I was giving them an easy time :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Where is that from Eddie, I did check a month or two ago and the best for price was Amsterdam then train. As I will be away for a few night I'll need to take some stuff and thought it would be easier to carry bags on to ferry than plane still haven't made up my mind.

there are cheap flights from Glasgow to Düsseldorf evening from £19 morning from £39 ...talk to Dominik. we bring a suitcase and get a gas bottle. which way you coming back, hook of Holland?

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/search/flights-to-Dusseldorf/from-Glasgow/departing-2015-12-02/

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
there are cheap flights from Glasgow to Düsseldorf evening from £19 morning from £39 ...talk to Dominik. we bring a suitcase and get a gas bottle. which way you coming back, hook of Holland?

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/search/flights-to-Dusseldorf/from-Glasgow/departing-2015-12-02/
Cheers Eddie will check Glasgow as that's my closest airport, when I looked before I was checking December and worked out a bit more expensive possibly due to time of year.
I havent put a great deal of thought into the return possible Dover as I plan on stopping of at Vanbitz to get some work done to save me driving all the way down at a later date, so really just whatevz works out cheaper or easier for me will do.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hi @lorger, I am sure you have thought of this but our insurance only covered us to drive from the port to our home until we got it registered in the UK.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi @lorger, I am sure you have thought of this but our insurance only covered us to drive from the port to our home until we got it registered in the UK.

Good point. I think it was the same for us when we brought ours back.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks and yes I have thought it through and will speak to my insurance company to make sure all is well, I'm sure they would agree that it would be unsafe for me to drive all the way from Germany to Scotland without a rest and unless they give me a specific route I must take then I'll be fine.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks and yes I have thought it through and will speak to my insurance company to make sure all is well, I'm sure they would agree that it would be unsafe for me to drive all the way from Germany to Scotland without a rest and unless they give me a specific route I must take then I'll be fine.

We normally turn the return into a mini break visiting a few places like Brugge on way back. Dealer offers fully comp export insurance or they used to..best check. They set this up as so many vans are bought by Scandinavians.

Normally your UK insurance kicks in once you hit UK soil. That is if you have manged to insure on VIN which some allow ( NFU & Safeguard among them) maybe not required if the dealers insurance Europe wide..just check.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As far as I'm aware the dealer is still offering the insurance just need to double check as it was a couple of months ago when I asked, I've had all my previous vans insured with Safegaurd and once I have the Vin number I will give them a call.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back