Sheepskin Van seat covers (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Can anyone tell me if you know of any problems with this company or product? This would for me be a big purchase and don't want to get it wrong."MotorhomeSeatCovers.co.uk Sheepskin covers"Thank's in advance..........Martin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Nothing to do with the covers or the company but we once bought a set and then realised they covered the pockets on the rear of the seats. So a bit impractical, something I never thought about when we bought them.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @Mr Ed I looked into that company last year but decided against having fully fitted covers. Instead after looking at @Carol lovely sheepskin we bought 3 from skyskins. They are £55 each for the white long (other colours available). One skin fits on the back of our hymer seats which are quite big and I cut the third skin in half for the seat base. We can still use the seat belts and of course in winter if we are not using the van the 2 back sheepskins come into use in the house.

When this rain stops I'll pop out to the van for a photo.

I can highly recommend skyskins

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We bought 2 double length skins from Skyeskins, they cover the seats and are long enough to dangle over the headrest. They are lovely people to deal with, they sent us a photo of the skins before we ordered them. The only problem was when the box was delivered the dog knew what was in it before we did. He is after all a German Shepherd.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We saw a lot of MHs this year in France with towelling seat covers and Mrs DBK is going to make some for ours. It just takes a few bits of tape added to a towel of the right size. Apart from the cost saving they will be easy to clean. Useful if you have say suntan cream on your legs and are wearing shorts.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Hi martin.
I have a short sheepskin and look forward to upgrading to the skye ones but no advice on your co. See you both on the road soon.
Darren and Lynne

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The sheep skins sound lovely. Are they suitable for use in warm weather, or do they make you too warm, and itch your legs when wearing shorts?

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We have their genuine Sheepskin covers. Took a week longer than stated to arrive. They fit well, they have pockets in the back, they are warm in the winter, they do not itch or make you warm in the summer, they are easy to clean.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi we have three sheep skins from Skyskins had them a few years now, they are not seat covers as such and have no fasteners but they always stay in place, we have washed them once, and the quality is excellent a couple of old photos I have found

image.jpg
image.jpg

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Skyeskyns are having a 'black Friday' event this weekend.

20% off selected products. The code is ChristmaS2015B.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nothing to do with the covers or the company but we once bought a set and then realised they covered the pockets on the rear of the seats. So a bit impractical, something I never thought about when we bought them.
Oddly, we looked on that as a bit of a bonus !

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Another vote for Skyskyns.. bought two for the van, then another two for the house.. beautiful skins.. soft fluffy and thick.. wonderfully warm..

Skyskys one of only two remaining sheepskin tanneries in the UK.. Skins you see being sold elsewhere have been sent to China for tanning then returned to the UK .. you may find cheaper but not as good.. .. buy British and buy the best

Skyeskyns
Arts & Crafts
17 Lochbay, Waternish, Isle Of Skye, IV55 8GD

Skyeskyns is Scotland's only traditional exhibition tannery and offers free guided tours to see the story of leather. A world-class sheepskin experience.

Skyeskyns, manufacturers and suppliers of finest quality sheepskins, sheepskin products and much more, is a family business established 1983 in Waternish, Skye. One of only two remaining sheepskin tanneries in the UK, it was awarded VisitScotland’s 5* Visitor Attraction grading for its “exceptional customer service” and world-class visitor experience.

All year round, visitors are offered free guided tours to witness time-honoured methods of making leather, the oldest craft, and then the chance to browse perhaps the most comprehensive range of luxurious natural sheepskins and sheepskin products to be found anywhere.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We bought ours from a company south of Bolton about 3 years ago they certainly fit better than those shown in the photos , the arms are also covered separately but with faux fur . Sorry I cant post photos or a link as we are in Oz until Feb . One thing I did notice at first was the cover being quite thick seemed to push me further forward on the seat which at first was uncomfortable but once they had bedded in no problem. We did visit the factory after purchase and they made some alterations while we were there and that's when we got the arm covers .They have worn well but a bit fiddly to fit tight

OP
OP
Mr Ed
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Thank's Mr Mousy they look very comfortable and warm.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I also got a sheepskin for my van seat on @Carol 's recommendation. It is great but the only problem is that whenever I get out of my seat my travelling companion jumps in!! Think Dillon is going to have to have one of
image.jpg
his own.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A little story about how we got our Skyskins, and subsequently shared it with Fun. We were touring Scotland 4 or 5 years ago and were happily parked up on the Aire like car park right in the centre of Pitlockery next to the library (then £1.80) overnight. Looking around the next morning we seen a sign for a horse show at Blair Atholl so we decided to go there.

Luckily there was camping at the Horse a Trials £11 a night so that's what we did, anyway wondering around the really classy beautiful stalls (no tat) we came across one for Skye skins Impressed with the quality we bought two. Duly they were put on the seats we were really pleased with them. Next morning the show had finished, but by then I had got it into my head we had 3 seats and I had only got 2 skins for the front seats.

I know we will nip to Skye and get another one was my suggestion, Eddie eyebrows raised slightly, you do know Skye isn't just around the corner, after some discussion we set of for Skye to find the shop but it's so much more than that, we bought another one and had a lovely hour looking around the place.

After looking around the little village and having a bite to eat in the lovely little restaurant we carried on touring Skye it was a really well worth the visit even though completely unplanned , the joy of a motorhome hey. Then when I got back I put a post on a out the skins and that's how come quite a few of us now have these home grown beautiful Sheepskins. Funny old world.

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
Lovely story,

Could you tell me which ones you bought please, I am unsure of the sizes.

thank you

Lynne

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Another vote for skyskins, we bought 2 large ones ages ago. Use them on the driver and passenger seats and take them outside on the loungers in the evening which keeps us warm.

Intrigued by your comment about washing them @Carol . How did you do it ... Machine?

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Have you folks sewn straps onto the sheepskins to hold them in place, or do they just grip the seat and stay there?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back