Lidl bio clothes washing tablet in the loo. A severe test. (1 Viewer)

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
We took the camper van out 3 weeks ago for a day trip. Unbeknown to me my oldest son, who is autistic, had been caught short while I was away from the van and use the loo. It was a number 2!

I was blissfully unaware that the toilet had even been used and so I left as was assuming it was still clean and primed. Just a litre of water with the 2 Lidl bio tablets in it.

This morning I went out to prepare the van for a couple of days away, at which point my wife said "you did empty it after it had to be used last time, didn't you?":eek:

I was expecting the worst, but was actually pleasantly surprised. I fully expected to have to fully air the house after emptying but it wasn't too bad at all. So another recommendation for Lidl washing tablets in the soil tank. I use the bio liquid in the flush tank.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Why use liquid in the flush tank and tablets in the cassette? Seems a bit overkill.

Those of us with MH without flush tanks manage with just putting liquid into the cassette and it works brilliantly.

Denise

OP
OP
Bartyfixedit

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
Why use liquid in the flush tank and tablets in the cassette? Seems a bit overkill.

Those of us with MH without flush tanks manage with just putting liquid into the cassette and it works brilliantly.

Denise
By having some detergent in the flush water and giving a quick flush before use the detergent solution performs a nonstick action requiring much less flushing.

We would always have a separate flush tank which is kept so treated. The other bonus to this system is that the presence of the detergent forms a bubble over the flap opening and so keeps any smells in the tank.

Through choice our toilet would only be used for wee, but having an autistic child you don't get that choice.

Cheers,

David.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
So does ours - and we don't have a Sog, just bio liquid

Ah, but as we can clearly see in a photo from your last trip you do have one of these!:giggle:

punka_wallah.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My record for a toilet left before emptying is three months. In my (therefore limited) experience the longer you leave it the less smelly it becomes. SOG + Lidl soluble sachet thingies.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We put some liquid in the cassette and in the flush; the more the loo is used, the more flush with bio is added. We don't use tablets, just liquid.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
In Theory. When all the little bugs have snacked on the contents the Effluvium becomes neutral. In Practice???????

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back