awning side curtain/wind break (1 Viewer)

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi guys, some of you had these thin side panels at the bring and buy meet
i think the company was called lillypad? cant seem to find them could you
point me in the right direction:Smile:

cheers mark.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
don't know it this helps but I made mine out of an old gazeebo sides. You can buy the new for around £25 then just use the two ends sinple bit of straight sewing, add velcro and job done

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looking to make some myself.

shirl says a material called Viole? netting will be strong/stiff enough and a fine mesh as well.

between £4 and £8 a line meter approx 2 mtrs wide.

let you know how it goes.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, it's Lillypad Leisure, hge's a link to their ebay store Link Removed

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
material called Viole?

so close.... voile

cannibalise any old tents ...that's what we did until we had some posh gazebo sides and fronts made over....

you can get a sew on strip with a bead that fits the channel on the front of the awning from caravan dealer shops (unless John's Cross has some at a bargain price... what say you Peter?)

F

fjmike

Deleted User
I made my own from some netting I bought from fleabay, look for BLUE DEBRIS NETTING GARDEN POULTRY WINDBREAK, sized at two metres by fifty metres more than enough to do all three sides and some spare as well for about thirty quid

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
:ROFLMAO: I've spent ages googling trying to find these, thanks for asking which is what I should have done. :Blush:

BEV

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
CORNWALL
Funster No
MH
AUTOCRUISE
Exp
Windbreak

Why not just a six pole wind break for £8 dont think that will break the bank eh

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Porch awning - with clamps

I have just bought a royal porch awning by Royal Leisure - its a dome style & cost me about £90 (had to shop around for this price though - new)! it would normally fit on a caravan awning rail but I have been told that I can 'clamp' the 'back flap' to the femma rail. It has a built in ground sheet too, and I think it will stand alone, in case we want to drive off but will not close at the back so wont be able to leave things in it when MH not attached.

I will let you know how it all goes, when we try it out next month!

If anyone else has tried this, then perhaps they will let us know how well it works. I have put a photo of it in my album :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have just bought a royal porch awning by Royal Leisure - its a dome style & cost me about £90 (had to shop around for this price though - new)! it would normally fit on a caravan awning rail but I have been told that I can 'clamp' the 'back flap' to the femma rail. It has a built in ground sheet too, and I think it will stand alone, in case we want to drive off but will not close at the back so wont be able to leave things in it when MH not attached.

I will let you know how it all goes, when we try it out next month!

If anyone else has tried this, then perhaps they will let us know how well it works. I have put a photo of it in my album :thumb:

we just bought the Movilite XL at stratford
similar thing...slips in the awning rail (allegedly:Doh:) or straps over roof and peg down......bloody nightmare to erect. never have another one.

so close to cutting the straps, driving away and leaving it at the bring and buy meet :Angry:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
If anyone still has the magazeen from Stratford there web addy is in this!

I have dunped mine!

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
we just bought the Movilite XL at stratford
similar thing...slips in the awning rail (allegedly:Doh:) or straps over roof and peg down......bloody nightmare to erect. never have another one.

so close to cutting the straps, driving away and leaving it at the bring and buy meet :Angry:

if ye leave it ill pick it up lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Royal Porch Awning + fixing kit

This is the 'Caravan' awning I mentioned earlier - bought a fixing kit for it today, cost £20 - this will fix it to our Feimma - entire kit cost £110 for 2 by 2.75 awning, with ground sheet & fixing kit .... not bad hey :thumb:

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
no I'm selling this 3.5 inaca to fit the fiamma what I'm after are just thin curtain affairs:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back