2002 B584 Draining water system (1 Viewer)

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
We were supposed to go to France yesterday morning in the MoHo but on Thursday my mother had a fall and broke her wrist so that was the end of that plan.

That meant I had to drain the water system today as the forecast is for frost but I cant for the life of me find the 2 valves that you have to open to drain the system. I have drained the boiler , fresh water, grey water and thetford.

The manual says I should have 2 drain valves 'in the wardrobe under the floor board'.

Well I cant see them, anyone else have the same model that can help please?
Thanks,
Lloyd.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Until someone who knows comes along.. on my B644 the two drain valves are in the garage beside the grey dump valve.. effectively between the floors..

I know you don't have a garage, but have you looked near the grey drain valve..is there an access hatch ?

The B584 is a close relative of the B544 ... plenty of them on here ..

anyone with a B544 help ?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have a B544 and have been draining mine down today. They are in the rear near side underfloor locker next to the waste tank drain tap. I un-screwed them, but to be honest not that much water drained out ! The handbook says to put the kitchen and bathroom taps in mid position and leave open.
I just checked the handbook for the B584 and it says yours are in the same place.

It`s the frost protection valve that`s in the wardrobe next to the boiler. There is a button on top that is normally in the up position. When the temp drops below 8c it springs down and releases the water from the fresh water tank. Have a look by the waste drain valve, I think you will find the two small drain valves there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the replies,
I will check next to the waste drain tomorrow. Its a worry my manual says they re in the bottom
of the wardrobe though.
I will let you know what I discover,
Thanks.
Lloyd

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Most Hymer manuals around the early 2000s covered several models. Under the wardrobe is often the position for the drain valves on a Star-Line Mercedes-based B class.
I have just looked in my manual and for the B584 it lists in the first column, the position of the drainage valves as 'Under the storage compartment/rear' and in the second column the position of the boiler safety drain (i.e. frost protection valve) as 'Under the wardrobe/floor trap in front of the heater/boiler'.
However, the next line in the table is for the B584 Classic (which does not have a double floor) and the drain valves are listed as 'Under the wardrobe floor/trap in front of the boiler'.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
@JeanLuc does the frost protection valve (the auto one) drain the boiler as well as the fresh water tank ? so I can be sure they`re emptied.
I really really don`t want frost damage !
TIA

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
@JeanLuc does the frost protection valve (the auto one) drain the boiler as well as the fresh water tank ? so I can be sure they`re emptied.
I really really don`t want frost damage !
TIA
I have a 2005 B584.
You need to press down the boiler button and pull out the plug from the bottom of the fresh water tank. You can reach the fresh water tank through the trap in the floor nearest the cab.
As others have said, my valves for draining the hot and cold taps are in the rear near side locker adjacent to the waste water valve.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
As has already been said, on my 2002 B584 if you open the wardrobe door one of the shelves near the bottom lifts up and you can push the safety valve down, take the plug out of the water tank and leave the taps open in the middle, that's all I do on mine (y)

And of course you already know that Hymers are far superior to any other motorhome manufacturer:giggler:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
pull out the plug from the bottom of the fresh water tank
Wow, I didn`t realise there was one. Is it a screw type plug or a basin type plug.
Where does it drain to ? or is the hole straight to outside.
Do I remove the cap in the top and reach down to the drain plug

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Probably doesn't help but my 2005 B584 Classic (full description in case it matters!) has: main tank drain under the table behind a flap cut in the woodwork. Push flap at the top to release the catch; hot & cold pipe work drain cocks under the bottom shelf at the very bottom of the wardrobe (finger hole in shelf to lift it); hot & cold pipework drain cocks under a lift-out flap in the bottom of the RH kitchen cupboard; boiler drain under the wardrobe accessed by lifting the base of the wardrobe and reaching down. Open all taps & set the mixer control half way between the hot & cold positions. Include the shower control. Once drained down operate the toilet flush for a few seconds to allow air into its pipework so that water will drain out of it.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer fresh water drainage in models around the early 2000s normally has one of two arrangements. The pipe drain cocks are either under the wardrobe (single floor models such as Star-Line and Classic) or next to the fresh tank drainage handle (which may be in various locations including between the floors). Fresh tank drainage is either by means of a handle (as above) or by pulling out a sink-type plug in the bottom of the tank beneath the hanging water pump. The Truma frost protection valve (dump valve) is normally next to the Truma C3004/6002.

Tank and pipe drainage
upload_2015-11-22_10-42-10.png

Truma 'dump valve'
upload_2015-11-22_10-44-43.png

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all the replies.
I went to the Hymer this morning and the 2 drain valves are indeed in the nearside rear locker
next to the grey water valve.
I opened both of them and a fair amount of water came out!
Now I can stop worrying about the cold weather.
Lloyd

mhbuddy

Free Member
Feb 26, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
I'm still unable to find the waste water valve.

I have a 1999 Hymer B584.

According to the manual, it is located here: "Right counter compartment, under floor board with flap"

I'm attaching a picture of what I see.

PXL_20230226_112206472.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back