Good and poor dealerships (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Would it be useful on here for owners to offer a comment on motorhome dealers that they have used in the recent years or is there a risk that they (and this site) could be open to some form of legal retribution should the comment be deemed liabellous by representative of said dealership ?

I know when we were looking for our most recent van replace some observations based on experiences on some of the dealers would have been useful. Or maybe just offer favourable observationson those dealers that have been good and just leave the negatives to our imagination ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The trouble is it ends up being one persons experience/view and there is often two sides to the story, whatever the story is. The other point is that people only tend to bother commenting on dealers when the are not happy and it might all start to look a bit negative and some people might decide it's just not worth buying a motorhome in the first place.

I will let @Jim comment on the legal/ethical bit.

Martin

Reactions: GJH

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I will start the ball rolling with praise for Simpsons of Gt Yarmouth, a very pleasant experience buying from them, and in all subsequent dealings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
There is a 'Dealer Reviews' section (along with other helpful topics) listed under Quick Links - There are a lot of good reviews here and some other helpful comments too. I am sure there might be guidelines to follow written within the Fun Rules.

Julia

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
The trouble is it ends up being one persons experience/view and there is often two sides to the story, whatever the story is. The other point is that people only tend to bother commenting on dealers when the are not happy and it might all start to look a bit negative and some people might decide it's just not worth buying a motorhome in the first place.

I will let @Jim comment on the legal/ethical bit.

Martin
The exact same comments apply when some people slag off particular makes of motorhome - usually British ones. :rolleyes:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The exact same comments apply when some people slag off particular makes of motorhome - usually British ones. :rolleyes:

I believe that you are quite right, I don't think I particularly join in the practice of slagging some models over others but it is quite possible that my decision to buy continental was influenced by reading some of these posts.

I am not complaining though.

Martin

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I can recommend Becks in Norfolk and John's Cross in East Sussex.

Fantastic dealers in my experience(y)

I can second @Chris on Becks although they may be a bit far for the OP in Devon, John's Cross have given me good service when using them at shows.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Todds, Preston. Excellent.
Simpsons, Gt Yarmouth. Excellent.
Richard Baldwins, Halifax. Excellent.
Marquis, No comment.
Tyne Valley, No comment.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Rather than slag them off can we say we don't recommend a dealership?

Deleted User
Not really a dealer but would highly recommend Shire Conversions, West Yorkshire, for PVC got our 1st van from them, small company with personal touch, can get one of their main designs or custom to your own specification

Lin n Nige :)

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I have been a loyal customer of Premier Motorhomes and Leisure, Chichester for the last 7 years and can't fault them.
Their coffee and biscuits are very good too! :rock:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
for those who can't find it

Link Removed
Does need to be kept up to date though....Oak Tree have been at their new place for at least a couple of years
@Jim .......can you update it please, when you're back off your jollies?
New adrress details HERE

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have been a loyal customer of Premier Motorhomes and Leisure, Chichester for the last 7 years and can't fault them.
Their coffee and biscuits are very good too! :rock:
After all the stories of problems with imported vans and warranty and service work by dealers I have to say that I visited Premier Motorhomes of Chichester this week and received excellent service on my imported Exsis nothing was to much trouble and the work carried out in half the time I expected.I was also able to book it in for the first Habitation check and Hymer warranty damp inspection and short engine service when we return from Spain in the Spring.
WELL DONE PREMIER.
Here's one happy bunny

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
We are having a dual experience?! Had no complaints regarding the purchase process and we love our (secondhand but new to us) Moho to bits but ...... the follow up warranty guarantee is like pulling teeth. Being new to motor homing, it has taken us a while to suss out what was wrong and needing fixing under the warranty guarantee that the dealership offered. I have no doubt that if we were seasoned Motorhomers, we would have picked up these issues before we parted with our cash but we didn't. Hey ho!
If I was Lord Sugar ....... a certain aftersales manager based in the north east would have been fired weeks ago because we are still waiting to have some of these issues sorted.
We have also asked them to provide quotes for thousands of pounds worth of extras (bike racks, roof rack for kayaks, roof ladder, full winterisation but 3 weeks later we haven't heard a single word. Clearly they don't want our money!!
So ..... can anyone recommend a north east company that might like the colour of our money?

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Malcolm's motorhomes, Goldenhill, Stoke on Trent one man dealer ship he is great to deal with.

AEG motorhomes Stourbridge NO COMMENT.

John.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Does need to be kept up to date though....Oak Tree have been at their new place for at least a couple of years
@Jim .......can you update it please, when you're back off your jollies?
New adrress details HERE

Officer Crabtree's bean at yur keybroad agin Dibs.:D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Why do we have to mention the bad'uns at all......consistent absence from the Fun Good Egg Chart should be enough warning.
My starter for consistent excellent service and back up is:-

Morans Motorhomes, Ludlow. Excellent small family dealership selling both British and Foreign marques (Ooooooh posh:D) from new. We've bought two vans there and have only met people who have bought from them who have nothing but praise for the sales and aftersales service.
For the pedantic:eek:: I have no known links to this company other than as a happy customer.

(Is that all right Roger? Cheque to the usual address please, Cheers.)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Webbs motorhomes at Reading get a thumbs up from me..not the cheapest but great backup and guarantee..also get two years 10% discount for anything bought from their onsite shop..

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I can recommend Becks in Norfolk and John's Cross in East Sussex.

Fantastic dealers in my experience(y)
I agree with Chris on both of these. I have used Johns Cross for service and buying accessories etc as they are not too far from us. And they are very good, very helpful and with fair prices, especially on Fiamma stuff.

And I have just bought a new Hymer from Becks and so far the process has been good. Stayed overnight (they are a long way from us) and had to go back because of some squeaks and rattles. But they dealt with them quickly and efficiently and I am now happy.

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
My recommendation is for Camper UK, Lincoln.

We cannot praise this company enough and their sales and after care service has been exemplorary! They don't just sell you a van they sell you a promise! A promise to look after their customers in the best possible way!

WELL DONE CAMPER UK!

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
We are having a dual experience?! ....
We have also asked them to provide quotes for thousands of pounds worth of extras (bike racks, roof rack for kayaks, roof ladder, full winterisation but 3 weeks later we haven't heard a single word. Clearly they don't want our money!!
So ..... can anyone recommend a north east company that might like the colour of our money?
Before you go looking at the roof-rack / ladder combination for carrying kayaks I would have a good look at the Kari-Tek system, essentially you lower the rack to the side load at a safe height and cantilever the rack back up, the advantages of this is you're not walking on the roof and trying to pass big ungainly objects up 8 - 10 ft. We have had ours for over a year, its seen a lot of use with everything from whitewater boats, open canoes and even a racing K2 and its a great bit of kit. There is a video here that doesn't really do the product any favours but does show the principle - they keep threatening to up date but the product seems to sell on word of mouth - so they are too busy to get around to it. Broken Link Removed

Here is ours in action:
Roofrack.jpg

I have nothing to do with the company but am a happy customer, the owners do have a coach-built so understand our needs. They're based up Ayrshire so its a good place to visit to have fitted properly, if you do want to see one in the flesh first, the good news is I'm just down the road in Neasham - just drop me a pm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back