Took my van to work this week.... (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Not driven the van since getting back from Brittany early October...........

Oh how much nicer than the car :) It was the best I could do not to drive PAST work and just keep on going :D

I LOVE my van, good view, no stress ......... and always the promise of adventure (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Not driven the van since getting back from Brittany early October...........

Oh how much nicer than the car :) It was the best I could do not to drive PAST work and just keep on going :D

I LOVE my van, good view, no stress ......... and always the promise of adventure (y)
I'm the same, I really like driving ours. (y)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I know exactly what you mean, driving the van, I am totally chilled. In the car, not so much!
There's something about them that just makes you relax isn't there? :D

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Be VERY carefull out there on the hill...LOL. Next thing you will be looking at your reflections in big shop windows......go on,force yourselves. Well.you have to check and make sure there are no illegals,clinging on the back!
To be honest,it was one way of checking your load was still secure in the .
old ropeing and sheeting days
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Took my van to work this week....

Were you insured ? Sometimes there are such exclusion clauses in the policies.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No

Ironically, when I received my first quote for the van, I noticed that I was insured for "commuting to and from a place of employment" I phoned the agent, and said this was not required, since the parking bay at my office would not accept such a large vehicle. They informed me that it was standard cover on the policy, so removing it would not affect the price!!! I am insured with Comfort.

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Being I am one of those trapped in the cycle 'school holidays only' leaves me with weekend trips and those very busy school holiday dates and even with all these usable days some little thing like a kids party or something that needs doing round the house can prevent travel so this means my van is sitting idle much of the time.
I love to just take my van out for a spin as not only is it great to drive but it gets noticed being it is a rare VW based vehicle. Working about 8 miles from home on a couple of occasions I have taken it into work to give it a run, or that's what I tell the wife, though really it is just for the fun of it :cool:.

As I can keep my van at my home address it is always there should I get the urge, it is nice to think that next time we have a fuel strike or the car won't start (impossible - it's a Honda (y)) I always have a back-up.

I am a car person, I admire different cars and know what is good and bad, love supercars but would never want to own one but I have a habit of getting bored with any car I own after about 18 months, A very expensive habit. Two things help me get that expensive urge out of my system, one is having a red car, strange I know but it is red that polishes to the most impressive shine and does not hide away in today's black car world so great to 'show off' when clean, the other is having a second vehicle to drive, being able to get into a totally different vehicle whenever I want means I can fend off these urges, well ok extend the urges, I can now go to two years!! ;)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User

Funny you should say that, this year was the first year that I actually included 'commuting' on the insurance (I would not normally use the van for work but it suited me to know that I could if I wanted to) (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Funny you should say that, this year was the first year

Not that funny, I've just renewed the bike insurance and they specifically ask if it's used for commuting to work. Naturally I asked them to explain what this "work" is, but I did not understand the answer.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
love supercars but would never want to own one

I love the idea, but just like sports bikes of today the cold logic says "why own a vehicle that can lose your licence in 5 seconds, what's the point. More important I could resist the temptation to use it as intended but these days with "safety vans" all over the place it's just not viable. Que all the holier than thou folk "well if you don't break the limits".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back