JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Never thought we would rue the day but........welcome to the latest member of our family, ANNIE. We would like the thank the Postcode Lottery for depositing the funds to buy her and run her for many years to come. We have been caravanning for 41 years, and had the Gray Warrior campervan...but never a motorhome, so I suppose we are in the right section...Beginners! She is going to fill the gaps of 'shorty' breaks away of up to 3 nights.
At this moment she is making friends with PEGGY, our Adria Adora. I am sure they will get on champion. ANNIE will be in demand for the short breaks and PEGGY for the longer spells. Have to make a few alterations to the drive to get them to fit on better. Don't want to miss an opportunity to just drive off quickly for a couple of day.
ANNIE is a Fiat Ducato Sea Dinghy 1.9TD, right hand drive, offside door for Europe, rear ladder that seems to go up to Heaven. That's it...all I know about her until get under her bonnet, in her drawers and cupboards and underneath her.
I am sure we have loads of questions of a technical nature but for now just one important one.
Question: Jean, being short cannot reach down far enough to get in and out. A side running board would be ideal. Anyone know where I can get one for her from.
PB201109.JPG
PB201114.JPG

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Question: Jean, being short cannot reach down far enough to get in and out. A side running board would be ideal. Anyone know where I can get one for her from.
Your new addition looks great. Mrs Badknee is slightly short in the leg too but ours has a built in lower step but it still helps her if the 'backs' out.:eek::LOL:
You can just see the anti slip tread plate in the picture.
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
excellent way to go, best of both worlds

as for the step cant you just carry the caravan step, surprised it hasn't got a retractable one fitted though, but don't really think a running board is a good idea

enjoy :)(y)

Reactions: JaG
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It's his age you know Graham, all vehicles had full length running boards once so I see from the history books. :LOL:
I remember them. You used to light the carbide headlights with a match. :rofl::rofl:

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It looks very clean. But be careful with that ladder if you take it to Europe and come back via Calais!

Unless you need a ladder for a top box or roof rack I would take it off if you can. Perhaps leaving the fixing points in to plug the holes. You can get blanking plates to cover the ladder but many I've seen wouldn't stop someone fit and young, like your typical Calais hitchhiker/klingon.

Then of course with the ladder removed they could use the bike rack!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @JaG - forget the MH - lovely though it is - I want to know; did you win the postcode lottery!?? :Eeek:

Don't tell tell Cliff, but I threw the envelope in the bin when it came through our door... :doh::doh:
Silly girl. Yes we did. We had one ticket for £10 a month and got a couple of £10 wins. Jean thought it was all a fix and bought a secong one four months ago. Last Saturday our street won (three of us) and, because we had two tickets we got double the prize money....£50,000!! Have I put enough noughts in there. Never won nowt before on anything so go on, get your tickets now. :france::cheers:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It looks very clean. But be careful with that ladder if you take it to Europe and come back via Calais!

Unless you need a ladder for a top box or roof rack I would take it off if you can. Perhaps leaving the fixing points in to plug the holes. You can get blanking plates to cover the ladder but many I've seen wouldn't stop someone fit and young, like your typical Calais hitchhiker/klingon.

Then of course with the ladder removed they could use the bike rack!
It will never be going to France; the caravan does the long term stuff. gets us around the UK for short spells and seeing grandkids, etc. Good idea though to take it off as it will deter anyone going in through the roof lights.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Silly girl. Yes we did. We had one ticket for £10 a month and got a couple of £10 wins. Jean thought it was all a fix and bought a secong one four months ago. Last Saturday our street won (three of us) and, because we had two tickets we got double the prize money....£50,000!! Have I put enough noughts in there. Never won nowt before on anything so go on, get your tickets now. :france::cheers:
Oh my goodness - well done you! I have to say it couldn't have happened to a nicer couple! Just make sure you save some of it for Jean's card making bits, bobs and sparkly bits! :):):)(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Oh my goodness - well done you! I have to say it couldn't have happened to a nicer couple! Just make sure you save some of it for Jean's card making bits, bobs and sparkly bits! :):):)(y)
Thank you. If you look at the video Jean has made it very clear about her sparkly bits before the motorhome.
https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/DrawResults/Winner/14NovemberS410BTChesterfield.htm

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations on your win ! It makes your lovely motorhome trips even more exciting!

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thank you. If you look at the video Jean has made it very clear about her sparkly bits before the motorhome

Blimey, you don't look the usual old fart there Graham, have they photoshopped you or did they bring a plastic surgeon with them.

What's best is they give your post code ( real one ? ) so the bad guys can come after the splarklies.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Blimey, you don't look the usual old fart there Graham, have they photoshopped you or did they bring a plastic surgeon with them.

What's best is they give your post code ( real one ? ) so the bad guys can come after the splarklies.
Nice to see you are your usual self, lol :boxing:....Very true, not really happy about that but not a lot can be done as they don't accept no publicity for that amount. Don't worry about the sparkly. Jean will have lost it again by then. Well, they do say that when you retire you get younger...or is it the HD video that can be edited.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Brilliant video. Jean looks lovely and you scrub up very well too! Jean has taken over from the lady that shouts 'Derek we're off to Benidorm'!! :D

Upvote 0

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
:clap2:Hi Graham & Jean
Congrats on your win, posh now, motor home and caravan, motor home probably needs a good run to get the engine cleaned, maybe Twin lakes?
All the best
Kevan & Julie

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
:clap2:Hi Graham & Jean
Congrats on your win, posh now, motor home and caravan, motor home probably needs a good run to get the engine cleaned, maybe Twin lakes?
All the best
Kevan & Julie
When we get back from our New Year meet, and there are 14 Funsters here as well at the Ukraine Youth Centre, Weston upon Trent, we will doing some serious milage in it. See you soon .

Upvote 0

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Hi Graham
We are on the train for France on the 18th Jan on our way to Spain for the rest of the winter, ten days down and ten days back so no rush, calling in to see Garry & Jan for a couple of days fishing then on to Spain for C C C rally back end April then Sept twin lakes with the crowd, and who knows what in between.
Kevan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Have a
Hi Graham
We are on the train for France on the 18th Jan on our way to Spain for the rest of the winter, ten days down and ten days back so no rush, calling in to see Garry & Jan for a couple of days fishing then on to Spain for C C C rally back end April then Sept twin lakes with the crowd, and who knows what in between.
Kevan
Have a lovely time. See you.......wherever .....?
Best wishes,
Graham and Jean

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back