here we go again !! (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just on bbc news 5 mins ago,,,,,raddison blue hotel in mali,,gunmen .hostages, is mali a holiday destination for brits etc?

Deleted User
It's one of the worlds terrorist hotspots with frequent shootings and kidnappings of Western tourists.

The Foreign office have been advising not to visit here for some time now.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ok,,there saying it was a french territory,and french soldiers have been active there for sometime,,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
ok,,there saying it was a french territory,and french soldiers have been active there for sometime,,,

It's a former French colony the French military have been there several years due to instability and military coups type scenarios.

I wouldn't class this as "another attack on France" as some media outlets undoubtably will.

It's pretty run of the mill for Mali unfortunately.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ok,thank you,,i am watching now and it seems its people that are working for various gvnmts,and some chinese holidaymakers,,,,looks like a rum old place though !!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Quite a few French aircraft cabin crew there apparently ...lets hope they are all safe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
lets hope everybody is safe,i agree.... but i am wondering after speaking to someone today whether because of the distance and place involved it doesnt seem to be as important to us ? ( he actually wasnt even bothered)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back