2001 Fiat Ducato Electric Mirrors (1 Viewer)

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi Guys,

Got a quick question for you regarding the electric mirrors on a Euramobil 770 based on a 2001 Fiat Ducato cab.
We've paid a deposit on this vehicle and given the dealer a snag list of bits that we wanted repaired before collection, one of which was the passenger side electrical mirror that wasn't working (the vehicle is LHD so this is the right side mirror).
The dealer has now said that the vehicle is ready for collection and on going through the list has said that the faulty mirror isn't actually electric but manual, even though it has the switch to be able to adjust it.
I find this hard to believe, can anybody confirm whether both wing mirrors are or should be electric?

Thank you

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Sometimes vehicles at that time the drivers side only had a leccy mirror. But don't know on that model, if the switch is there for the passenger side though it's hard to believe it was not OE. Can you see or feel the electrical gear behind the mirror?

OP
OP
Bill and Shell

Bill and Shell

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Unfortunately I won't be able to check that until we pick the vehicle up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The only way to check will be remove the door panel and see if there is a wire in there for the mirror
If there is and it is not connected to the mirror then the dealer is correct..
If it is connected then the mirror is faulty

On the upside, if it is not an electric one but the wire is there ( quite common to be honest ) then you can retro fit an electric unit quite easily
Cost for me to replace said unit after it was clobbered by white van man ( who promptly ran away ! ) was £125 ( give or take ) and took less than 30 minutes to fit

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The only way to check will be remove the door panel and see if there is a wire in there for the mirror
If there is and it is not connected to the mirror then the dealer is correct..
If it is connected then the mirror is faulty

On the upside, if it is not an electric one but the wire is there ( quite common to be honest ) then you can retro fit an electric unit quite easily
Cost for me to replace said unit after it was clobbered by white van man ( who promptly ran away ! ) was £125 ( give or take ) and took less than 30 minutes to fit

Or ,it had an electric mirror originally & it was hit & someone has fitted a manual
If the switch is there on the passenger door ,& the drivers door has 2 switches, then it had 2 electric mirrors originally, It does defeat the object of having electric mirrors when the one you really need to be electric ,is manual.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back