Santander to Malaga - recommended route please. (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I've browsed the forum but can't find what I'm looking for.
Although I've been to Spain a few times I've only pottered around in the north but now have to do some lmore miles.

The last couple of weeks in May next year - looking for an easy and quick route south. Not sight seeing so happy to use toll and non-toll motorways. I imagine to take 2 days and would overnight wherever I end up each day - not bothered with planning stops.
Via Michelin routes look fine but the regular snow birds here will have tried and tested routes.

Point me in the right direction please.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
South.

Seriously just head for Madrid and keep going. So Burgos, Madrid ( stopover sites to north ) or the lovely Aranjuez or Toledo to the south. Granada ( don't miss the Alhambra ) then Malaga. Excelent roads.

The campsite in the Middle of Aranjuez is an easy walk to town and the magnificent palace.

Dead easy. 625 miles. 2 stops easy.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would tank it straight across on the toll road to the Med and then head South.

The toll road from Santander across to Barcelona (ish) is my favourite road to drive on. Empty and some nice scenery.

I doubt it is the best or most direct route

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We are doing the same in March and been recommended straight to Madrid and on but I would also like to ask should we need to book stopovers or is it safe to just pull in never done spain before

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
A67 Santander to Palcencia
A62/E80 Palencia to Sevilla via Salamanca & Caceres
A92 Seville to Antequera
A45 Antequera to Malaga
We have driven it all except the first stage. All good fast open dual carriageway/motorway and (I think) all toll free. Google gives it as 1038 km or 650 miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
A67 Santander to Palcencia
A62/E80 Palencia to Sevilla via Salamanca & Caceres
A92 Seville to Antequera
A45 Antequera to Malaga
We have driven it all except the first stage. All good fast open dual carriageway/motorway and (I think) all toll free. Google gives it as 1038 km or 650 miles.

That's the route we always use to our house near Seville. And if we went to Malaga we would use that route as well. Madrid route (yawn) boring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back