Parking ticket, Portuguese style (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
went to villamoura yesterday, parked where we've always parked before, never paid, various parking signs about most say gratis some say park on the pavement some say pay , anyway never noticed till this morning we had a ticket under the windscreen wiper, got till the 20th to pay it, so on it various ways of paying so went the post office route expecting a huge fine, so went in and the "fine" is if you pay in time a full days parking fee, which turned out to be 8 euros.
That's how to run car parks, mind if you don't pay on time it's 130.
Can anyone think of a better way than that:)(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
went to villamoura yesterday, parked where we've always parked before, never paid, various parking signs about most say gratis some say park on the pavement some say pay , anyway never noticed till this morning we had a ticket under the windscreen wiper, got till the 20th to pay it, so on it various ways of paying so went the post office route expecting a huge fine, so went in and the "fine" is if you pay in time a full days parking fee, which turned out to be 8 euros.

Tell George Osborne he would have a heart attack (with a bit of luck):(

Travel broadens the mind...also shows how unreasonable some things are at home

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you have a Portuguese debit card you can pay it at the hole in the wall multibanco machines,
Wonder what parking eye make of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A few years ago I got a parking ticket in a car park in Coimbra for not paying and displaying. I had used this car park many, many times before and didn't realise you were meant to pay. No one else seemed to!

I didn't know what it said on the ticket so I asked the lads (and lassies) who I was working with what I should do...

This ticket caused a huge amount of interest because none of them had ever seen one before!

Did nothing... nothing happened.

(But that was several years ago!)

JJ :cool:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Even better here. overstay your ticket & it is 2 € . payable at the machine. & you don't get fined until 30 minutes after the expiry of said ticket.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Even better here. overstay your ticket & it is 2 € . payable at the machine. & you don't get fined until 30 minutes after the expiry of said ticket.

Its great isnt it. So much easier to park in other countries than England.

whereas our council seem to treat carparking as a cash cow. its £1.50/hour in Shrewsbury even in the multi storey. And bizarrely if you over stay in a marked bay - you get a ticket but if you stick two wheels on the pavement straddling the double yellow lines you don't!

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
We stopped on the seafront opposite the fish and chip shop in Lowestoft. Parked in disabled bay and put badge and timer in place,walked over to fish shop and got our chips and back to the van, total time about 10 mins. Ticket on van and £60.00. fine. The car park was deserted, anyway turns out we had parked slightly over one of the white lines. Warden must have been waiting, hidden, talk about Speedy Gonzales. Ehh lads, things aint like they used to be.......:(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There's a multi -storey in Tiverton, Devon that's £1 to park in & that's until it closes I believe. No idea why but it is rarely used but locals hate the place. Mind you it is very claustrophobic as the ceiling height is barely 2m.

@jonegood Yes it is wonderful to park anywhere here. Not that the Spaniards appreciate it. They'll do anything rather than pay to park.:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back