ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I was having a chat with Roadrunner at the weekend and it appears that he gets his LPG a lot cheaper now i only ever fill up at the roadside filling stations.

How does everyone else get there LPG,?
Where should i be going to get the best deals?
Does anyone bunker LPG like they do with diesel?
I know the countrywide farmers deal is good, but as it is only in the west midlands not a option for me, is there any other companies similar to this?
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Local gas suppliers are everywhere mostly on industrial estates etc, look in the yellow pages for bottled gas sales, most sell LPG for vehicles as well. My local LPG supplier is actually closer to me than the nearest petrol station selling LPG and its cheaper and they fill it up for you :thumb:. Good old fashioned service...not something you see a lot of these days sadly :cry:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
Dazzer I have an autogas LPG distributor nearer to me than a garage, may this mean I can fill up domestic and engine tanks for less that a propane cylinder and a forecourt? (just the saving in miles will help)

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I do know of a chap who has LPG fired heating in his house and has simply added a pump and hose/nozzel to his existing system (think it cost him about £2-300). I know this is not legal as he isnt paying the road duty but he assures me he pays it in other ways :Blush: (yer right :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:). It works out at about 12-15p per litre doing it this way, or so im told. Not of course that anyone on here would consider doing such a thing and starving the hard pressed government of much needed income would be immoral (much like claiming £11k to have your bloody moat cleaned :Angry:). :winky:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Dazzer I have an autogas LPG distributor nearer to me than a garage, may this mean I can fill up domestic and engine tanks for less that a propane cylinder and a forecourt? (just the saving in miles will help)

John

In a word Yupp!! :thumb: The industrial estate guys tend to be a bit cheaper then forecourts but access to the pumps can be a bit tight so go and have a look in the car/bike before you go dragging the RV round and blocking the entire estates access roads :RollEyes:

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
I was having a chat with Roadrunner at the weekend and it appears that he gets his LPG a lot cheaper now i only ever fill up at the roadside filling stations.

How does everyone else get there LPG,?
Where should i be going to get the best deals?
Does anyone bunker LPG like they do with diesel?
I know the countrywide farmers deal is good, but as it is only in the west midlands not a option for me, is there any other companies similar to this?
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Hi There, down in Sunny Cornwall you can use Flogas, again on an industrial estate currently at 0.51p. Unfortuneatly prices do vary at individual depots. I had a shock in Honiton tother week BP !!! were at 0.49p where as Jet were still 0.51p. Unlike the Midlands we dont get it realy cheap though. My RV like most has a Bulk LPG tank solely for domestic use as well, so I tried in vain to loose the dreaded VAT when paying at Flogas, there reply which is common to most distributors is that vat is already on the pump price so Customs & Excise will make them pay it, so we have to..

Let me know if you find it cheaper in the Southwest.

Brian

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
vat is payed at 5% on houdehold gas(calor) price about 44pa litre .am waiting for next bill to get the latest price as it just dropped for summer. cant imagine anybody getting gas out of those big tanks .:thumb:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
How can you buy LPG 'loose' (not bottled) for domestic use only? Our RV has a 37 gal tank.

Mick

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi the only time we ever get the 5% rate for our domestic tank is from the guy at the Stratford Show. If he can do it I don't see why the depot's can't do it.

Olley

vava1

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
England
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Get mine wherever i am travelling - in the UK, often at Autogas stations.

Refillable's definitely the way to go!

Last edited:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
If you sign up for a Countrywide account you tell them it's for domestic use & they can put you on the rate that is just 5% vat 43p when I last filled up. As they have some of their filling stations self service who could know what you are filling :RollEyes:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all I fill up when poss on domestic and engine gas at my local calor depot 45p lt. On the road its dearer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back