STOLEN-- Autotrail 840s tag axle (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi All can you please keep an eye open for the ABOVE -FUNSTERS--- BOBNDEN have had there MH stolen from there drive at 2 pm this afternoon -thieves broke into there bungalow rifling through it and picked up valuable items as they were looking for the keys to MH --It's got a distinctive NETA sat dome on roof and private plate that more or less reads BOBS W --NO DOUBT THAT WILL HAVE CHANGED but the dome may prove key to finding the van.DENESE WENT AROUND THE CNR AT APROX 2 PM TO HER SONS HOUSE RETURNING 20 MINS LATER to find house broken into and van missing from drive-Van was stolen from Great Houghton near Barnsley South Yorkshire--We are thinking it may be parked up some where out of site or in a lock up /barn etc until plates etc can be changed so it won't come up on ANPR cameras --If anyone sees please ring me on 07907132734
Thanks
terry

Last edited:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
It's really sad to hear when people have their motorhome stolen. I'm so sorry this has happened and hopefully someone will spot the nectar sat dome but agree that the private plates are likely to be changed. We'll keep our eyes peeled.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am so very sorry to hear this.
Although you say the Necter dome is distinctive, I have not heard of one. How could I recognise it?
Alan
upload_2015-11-17_20-39-58.jpeg

Autotrail 840s

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Parked up to make sure it hasn't got a tracker and then a set of IRISH PLATES for a non existent vehicle will go on and off they will go. The ANPR cameras will not pick up on those plates as the database is not big enough to gather that information. We had a caravan go from my friend's farm parking area and a quick fly around with one of the planes from his strip found it parked in a wood about three miles from the farm. Pity there is not the same facility for this time. it takes a lot of driving around towards the nearest "countryside criminal fraternity " campsite to find it as will have gone that direction to save them the trouble of going passed the place it was. You know where the nearest site is then go that way looking in off the road tracks, yards not used etc. Do it as it will be there for a few days, until they are sure it isn't being watched. It is worth doing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What a curse.
I never leave any keys in house when out and always take them to bedroom at night.
Hope its sorted soon for you.

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
They may well have done drive-bys and then been waiting at the end of the road for their chance... get the police to enquire about any household cctv in that or neighbouring streets... best of luck in them getting it back.
I bet their next van has a tracker fitted...

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I have posted on some FB sites, hope that's OK.

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
Household security: have a hidden safe fitted, also protects valuable documents from fire. Not expensive all things considered. If I had a MH parked on the drive the keys would be in a safe.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am so very sorry to hear this.
Although you say the Necter dome is distinctive, I have not heard of one. How could I recognise it?
Alan
View attachment 83331
Autotrail 840s
THANKS FOR THE PIC I WAS TRYING TO FIND A TAG ONE WITHOUT SUCCESS --The NETA Dome is a normal dome type sat dish with NETA wrote on it will see if I can find a pic of one so perhaps then someone may be able to photo shop it or perhaps you could post a pic of van and a pic
Bobs link to his user name with the Avatar is a pic of his van
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/members/bobnden.28732/#profile-post-1977
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Apparently the word NETA is in big black letters on the dome (y) sorry for my miss spelling the name on earlier posts --don't know if anyone can blow up the pic from Bobs Avatar ?? and post -trying to get a better pic forwarded to me so I can post that as well
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
28732.jpg

This is a pic of Bobs van from his avatar -trying to get a better pic -Thanks to all Facebook and twiter people -not sure Bob knows how to post on either so thanks to everyone who is trying to post for him
terry

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
image.jpeg

Someone suggested image from Avatar of BOBNDEN, here it is. I hope it's found soon and without damage.
Edit:
Sorry Terry, slower on phone than you.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I think his son David has posted it on FB but it cannot hurt for others to post so once again thanks

sat dome has NETA wrote on it in big black letters --I don't think there are many NETA domes around especially on a AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
download

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I'm sure someone will do better but:

image.png

Good luck with its recovery.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just shared it on AT FB I hope they get it back. They no doubt feel gutted.

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
It is worth considering having your postcode and veh reg on the roof helps the police helicopters in spotting it. Sounds like I am being smug but I don't intend it to be that way. Paint or tape which breaks up when people try to remove it.

I hope the van is found undamaged soon.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
It is worth considering having your postcode and veh reg on the roof helps the police helicopters in spotting it. Sounds like I am being smug but I don't intend it to be that way. Paint or tape which breaks up when people try to remove it.

Hope they find it ok. Window etching used to be a good deterrent, cost to replace that many windows put off most thieves.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Shared on f/b groups hope it found and returned home soon
Sue

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

I can't imagine police helicopters getting involved in a vehicle theft!

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Good friend is head of traffic locally here in Ireland.
I forwarded this picture to him including the distinctive dome detail.
He will forward this to Rosslare/Dublin/Cork ports internally in the system so it will be on the watched list in case some Itinerants have nicked it.
More than likely eastern Europeans though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back