haganap bring and buy success (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Huge success. Thank you Paul.

What a fantastic location. What a success, we filled a field.

BUT two lightweights chickened out tonight, my head could not take another night of drinking with a load of scousers and papajohn - serious heavyweights - an early night in my own bed was called for.

I'm beginning to put faces to names, we look forwards to the next meet.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We really fancied this meet, but my daughter wouldn't change the date of her wedding !!
Selfish, or what ?
We had to spend all day in the Pines Hotel, and all night drinking !

We'll try to attend the next one.

Allen

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
thanks to paul and Nicki for a great fun packed weekend kids loved it di loved it even Jake loved it what a success and a big thank you to all the funsters to make it a smashing weekend looking forward to the next one:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
This was our first rally with the "Funsters" and we enjoyed every minute!. Well done Paul and Nikki for all they hard work they put into it. Will there be a repeat:Smile:

Ian and Eileen

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Well I couldn't make as I'n not even in England right now but I'm so glad it was a success. Paul & Nikki need to be congratulated on even thinking about this never mind actually organising it, and remember these things do take quite a bit of 'organising' ::bigsmile:

I don't know if they will do another this year but I'm putting my name down now for 2010 and hope to meet you all there.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Well done the Haganaps:thumb:
We would have liked to have come but as we are away on Tuesday couldnt make it. Kevin has had a list of jobs and he has just finished them. I bet he would have rather been in the funsters beer tent with PappaJohn.

Maybe next year.

Sonja

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi and thanks Paul and Nicki I did enjoy the weekend although on me own as SWMBO was in Oz so I felt a bit like a fish out of water, any way a really nice venue had a walk down the village and up the canal, the bring and buy was rather good. Well Done to you both for an excellent meet!!!!!!!
Did you buy the satelite off the bloke parked behind you I looked at it but no price on so missed it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Thanks everyone for a great weekend. special thanks to the haganaps for organising things.

We had a great weekend and the girls didn't want to come home. Even managed to get rid of some of my junk, err I mean merchandise.::bigsmile:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
another great meet as was expected thanks to Paul and Nikki and for the awning erecting/ dismantling advise......and i use the word advise very loosely::bigsmile:

got home around 6pm and still trying to figure out how i still had a bike ramp when the tiedown strap had snapped somewhere on the motorway :Eeek:

thanks for the accolade Brian(hilldweller) but i blame patrick and the scousers.....i was ready for me bed at 9pm but they wouldnt let me go:Blush: and i felt obliged to stay:Doh:

nice to see all the old faces and put a face to some new names as well.
a pity Tony and Ruth only had a flying visit but theres always the next one.

long may it continue:thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:clap::clap::clap::clap:Well done the haganaps for organising this meet, we were really gutted that we couldnt come to the whole meet, but very pleased that we came over and spent a few hours with the funsters, and thanks for feeding us:Smile: (pammy's chips are to die for trust me) but then so were the burgers, sausages, chops need I go on and yes I even managed to buy something after the b& b had well ended, :ROFLMAO:

Paul and the clan were so successful with this meet they have to do another one::bigsmile:

great to meet new faces too, a good time was had by one and all.

ruth and tony

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Well done Paul and Nickii for organising the weekend. We were gutted we didn't have our MH to stay in. Thanks to all the gang who made us welcome when we drove over in the afternoon. Your welcome made up for a disappointing week!
Would have stayed longer but I got cold walking around- lightweight, I'm afraid!
Dave & Lucille

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Brilliant weekend

Big thank you to Paul & Nikki for a fab weekend. The atmosphere and friendship was the best yet and the bar-b-que was superb, especially Suzy's home made burgers! Watch out for George's newly aquired lighting unit. When the Red & Blue light shows - don't go a knocking. He is now the proud owner of our old main room light, which has an interesting history, to say the least.
We made lots of new friends and really felt at home, so much so that Jean is looking at an RV!! We may have had the smallest van there but we came back loaded up with table top sale goodies.
See you all at Morecambe as we have a full schedule between now and then.
Best wishes
Graham & Jean

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Just like to add our thanks to Paul and Nikki, Great weekend, location and company :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I had a great time, many thanks to Paul and Nikki for organising it. Thanks to everyone else who made it the success it was. It was great to see so many new faces, not forgetting MikeH who joined and visited on Sunday.

Didn't sell as much as I had hoped but bought plenty anyway whilst Bryan was trying to sell I was out buying!

Had a great Sunday lunch in the pub, would recommend it to anyone.

Paul we are already looking forward to the next one, get it in the calendar now before you change your mind ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A very well organised meet from Paul and Nicky, well done to you both
It must hold the biggest meet record for a non motor home show meet so far:thumb:
I was particularly impressed with the Valet parking service Paul set up, you just throw him your keys and go to the pub and when you come out out your RV was parked up ready facing the gate:RollEyes: nice to have that personal touch,
Seeing as it was an amateur bring and buy meet I was surprised to find a "professional" market trader in attendance:Cool:, complete with the spiel, price tickets, bargain stars etc etc, all that was missing was the Arkwright till and Ebeneezer Scrooge outfit.
I wont mention names, because "BRIAN" (Admin) is a mate, and mates don't do that do they:ROFLMAO:
On the buying side ,many may not agree, but I think I made the purchase of the meet, a Japanese pimp my ride chandelier that go's from a normal white light at the flick of a switch to a very seductive red and blue mood light:Eeek:, removed from Vulcans imported pimp mobile in favour of a standard florecent light, I was selling tickets to view the newly fitted lamp on Satuerday night and recoverd the cost in 5 mins and am now in profit. did ya see that Brian PROFIT!!!!!!!!::bigsmile:
all in all an excellent venue and great hosts, not forgetting the landlord and site owner, nothing was too much trouble,
great to see more familys in attendance too and all the kids having a ball, you know their having fun when the adults go to bed first:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks again
Geo

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sorry Geo, I know you let me drive the bus and that but I can't let other funsters not see your purchase of the year.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
no one else:cry:

I and others replied on the original thread so two going in tandem:winky:

Brilliant sums it up though:thumb:

Hagger's done good:coolthumb:

Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi mPaul & Nicki
Have posted on another thread but would like to say a big thank you for a great meet, the grandkids thoroughly enjoyed it with harley, chelsea, aaron and all the other kids there, we never saw them for the 3 days we were there except to eat & sleep, good job we gave all the kids glow sticks so at least we could see them in the dark.
It was also good to catch up with old friends and make new ones thanks again :thumb:
Sheila & Mick xx

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Just want to say a huge thankyou to Nikki and Paul for a wonderful weekend meet!:thumb::thumb:

We had a great time meeting friends old and new and it was great to see so many new meeters!:thumb:

Between the kids and the dogs we never stopped laughing - great times!

When are you organising another one Paul??:ROFLMAO:

Boadicea

Free Member
Mar 1, 2008
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wrenbury meet

Thanks for a great time Paul and Nicki, I was new to all this and it was great to meet all of you especially the other newbees. Thanks to Penelope pitstop and Brian who made me feel so welcome. Brian helped me out when leisure battery went flat with his generator and Marie made me feel like I'd been a member for years. Thanks to everyone else we met, sorry can't remember all your names!:Blush: Lookng forward to the next one.:Smile:

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
This was our first meet and we had a great time, thanks to the Paul and Nicki for organising the event, looking forward to the next meet.

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sounds like you all had a great time ,sorry we couldnt make it but as we were blessed with another beautiful grandaughter we were also blessed with looking after our 3yr old grandaughter Alice , we did go away for the weekend but stayed local incase Alice missed her mummy ,daddy and new baby sister and wanted to go home :Smile::Smile:
See you all soon

Lynn & Steve :thumb::thumb:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
A Great meet, Paul and Nikki

can't really add anything more than has been said already!

thanks' to you both for all your effort in making the whole weekend GREAT!

Ps: Have you fitted your sat yet?

Patrick

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi yall thanks paul brill meet :thumb: