Remote Controlled Awning Light (1 Viewer)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have seen a thread recently about switching on your LED awning canopy strip lights by remote control – and everyone else’s by the sound of things!. Not having these or as yet wanting them, is there such a thing as a remote controlled / PIR awning light. It will be required when returning back in the dark etc and not wanting to leave light on all the time whilst out; draining batteries and / or annoying neighbours. I did also read someone’s light come on when using vehicle remote key fob.
Any ideas or advice as always gratefully received.
Yours Aye
Michael

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
This might fulfill your requirements:

Broken Link Removed

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
You may find that John Cross trader on here will have some and give funster discount

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, I fitted a recessed led step light with a 12v dusk till dawn sensor fitted in plastic skirt. Small rocker switch inside to isolate, just leave on when away, just enough light to see to get in. Could be wired into awning light as well.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
This might fulfill your requirements:

Broken Link Removed
That's the one that is RF, not PIR, so switches everybody's lights on. Like many on the forum I bought one from UK seller for less that £1.50 including delivery. I won't fit it until I see what happens at a large funster rally when somebody switches theirs on!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mine comes on for 30 seconds when the alarm is actived/deactivated.
Took out the 12v 10w halogen and replaced with 4 x led.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i was going to wire one of a tracker so i could use the phone to switch it on but the tracker is still in its box

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Mine comes on for 30 seconds when the alarm is actived/deactivated.
Took out the 12v 10w halogen and replaced with 4 x led.
Was this a modification or did it come as standard? Liking the sounds of this set up(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have seen a thread recently about switching on your LED awning canopy strip lights by remote control – and everyone else’s by the sound of things!. Not having these or as yet wanting them, is there such a thing as a remote controlled / PIR awning light. It will be required when returning back in the dark etc and not wanting to leave light on all the time whilst out; draining batteries and / or annoying neighbours. I did also read someone’s light come on when using vehicle remote key fob.
Any ideas or advice as always gratefully received.
Yours Aye
Michael
You really don't need a remote control awning light. Nice toy, might raise a smile for a few moment but for the circumstances you describe the best solution is something like this. :)
led-torch-sno-953-1.jpg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours comes on with a PIR sensor, works for us. (y)

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
You really don't need a remote control awning light. Nice toy, might raise a smile for a few moment but for the circumstances you describe the best solution is something like this. :)
led-torch-sno-953-1.jpg

New MH new toys. I want I want I want. Now I'm upset :cry:, cos you are right of course. Must keep myself in check or I will end up with loads of things I'll never use.

I may still look into either changing the current light for a PIR system or a a new PIR assembly when I've had chance to look at it - 4 weeks to go :clap:.

Still want a light that comes on with the alarm though:rollingeyes::D

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Ours also comes on with the key fob (alarm activated/de-activated) I thought it was standard on Autotrails.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have this one, works from about 50 metres in line of sight.
Broken Link Removed
or
Broken Link Removed
or
Broken Link Removed

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have this one, works from about 50 metres in line of sight.
Broken Link Removed
or
Broken Link Removed
or
Broken Link Removed
Looks interesting. But how does it work please? By PIR line of sight or wireless? If wireless are the frequencies all the same, in which case it will suffer with the same problem as the one I bought, i.e. anybody nearby with the same dimmer will operate yours when they are using theirs.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Looks interesting. But how does it work please? By PIR line of sight or wireless? If wireless are the frequencies all the same, in which case it will suffer with the same problem as the one I bought, i.e. anybody nearby with the same dimmer will operate yours when they are using theirs.
Peter, it is wireless and simple in line connection. I have used it now for past 2 years and never had a problem with any other person switching it on or off and not that I'm aware of switched others on and off. We use it most when we go out at night and can light up the last 50ish metres to/from MH. The dimmer is very handy when sitting under awning.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Peter, it is wireless and simple in line connection. I have used it now for past 2 years and never had a problem with any other person switching it on or off and not that I'm aware of switched others on and off. We use it most when we go out at night and can light up the last 50ish metres from MH. The dimmer is very handy when sitting under awning.
I suspect it will use a common code then. Maybe it is just that you have never parked to somebody with it. I am most worried when I am at a funster rally on that issue!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I suspect it will use a common code then. Maybe it is just that you have never parked to somebody with it. I am most worried when I am at a funster rally on that issue!
Peter, for the price it is worth a try...... nothing ventured nothing gained.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp

Certainly looking forward to that follow up.
I cannot get onto e-bay on this computer, so I will wait til I get home and thank you all for your advice again

Yours Aye

Michael

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Just been on ebay through phone. All the remotes suggested have been for LED strip lights. Will these work on a normal awning light? Assuming I have a "normal" light that is!!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Peter, for the price it is worth a try...... nothing ventured nothing gained.
Of course you are right, especially the cheap one.

But I have already got a much smaller one that I am not sure I want to use for the same reason and SWMBO gets fed up with me receiving little parcels that I never use the contents of. :D

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've used a couple of these: one for central locking & one for a ceiling fan.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back