Help with Huawei E5776 please (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I am currently in Goa so have bought a Vodafone India data sim so I can access the web from our apartment. My iPad and iPhone pickup the mifi immediately but I don't get a log in screen so there is no connection from the mifi to the Internet. If I fire up my laptop and connect to the mifi and then open chrome I immediately get the correct log in page and as soon as I type in the log in details I am online. My phone and iPad then connect so I can shut the laptop down!! Is there a way to get this log in on the iPad and iPhone? I have tried loading 192.168.1.1 from my phone and iPad but it says unable to connect to the Internet. A couple of times (before I realised I could solve the problem by switching the laptop on) the log in page has tried to load on the iPhone but it times out before the boxes where you can enter the admin bit appear. Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to solve it? It's a bit of a pain having to fire the laptop up every time the mifi has been switched on again just to get my iPhone on the Internet. :doh:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
With our MIFI you simply select the MIFI from the wifi section of the settings section of your phone

Once the MIFI is connected to, you can use the Internet as normal

Have you tried downloading the Huwei app for your iPhone?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My experience is similar to Robert's. We used to have a Huawei E585 and currently have a Huawei E5372. In both cases, switching the device on sets up the WiFi network and it can then be selected (and logged on to) on laptop, tablet or phone as one would with any other WiFi network.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I do go into wifi and select the Huawei and it connects to it but it doesn't come up with the log in screen so it doesn't actually connect to the Internet.
I didn't know there was an app, thanks for that info. I'll have a look (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You don't need s log in screen once you've connected to the MIFI via the wifi settings

I'm wondering if the MIFI is connected to the Internet?

If you can download the app to your iPhone it will allow you to access the MIFI settings - ITs important to check that data roaming is switched on!

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
P.s I forgot to say that when I used the mifi with my europasim and my giff gaff sim I never had this problem so I'm guessing it's a settings issue??

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
You don't need s log in screen once you've connected to the MIFI via the wifi settings
Yes I do. When I connect via my laptop the first web page that loads is the log in where you put admin and admin. The same used to happen for my phone but it's currently not dong it for some reason.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
See my edited reply above

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
P.s I forgot to say that when I used the mifi with my europasim and my giff gaff sim I never had this problem so I'm guessing it's a settings issue??
Right, I think I misunderstood before. I see now that you are connecting to the local WiFi network but not to the Internet. You're probably right that it is the settings for your Vodafone India SIM. You need to obtain the access point details for that SIM.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As above you have to connect to the mifi wireless signal first, which will involve entering the password. Then you can do the 192.168 etc thing. I've recently tried the huawei app but you still have to connect to the WiFi signal manually first and I'm not sure it does anything you can't do through your browser but is possibly more convenient.

Once you have registered the WiFi network the device should remember it and if there are no other WiFi signals around it will automatically connect subsequently.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes I do. When I connect via my laptop the first web page that loads is the log in where you put admin and admin. The same used to happen for my phone but it's currently not dong it for some reason.
How are you connecting the laptop to the MIFI?
I suspect that's a red herring
Once a phone is connected to the MIFI via Wifi then no further action should be required -

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Right, I think I misunderstood before. I see now that you are connecting to the local WiFi network but not to the Internet. You're probably right that it is the settings for your Vodafone India SIM. You need to obtain the access point details for that SIM.
I may be in India but that doesn't mean you can talk to me on Swahili and expect me to understand :Eeek:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I may be in India but that doesn't mean you can talk to me on Swahili and expect me to understand :Eeek:
teaserbox_4092611533.png

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Was your huawei at one stage locked to EE or Vodafone or 3, if so you need to download their app, which I presume you did to be able to use giffgaff, europasim, etc. If it is a straightforward huawei, then you only need to log into one machine, and make sure that you have "automatically connect" as default. Then whatever you try to connect with, you should be able to just go straight to your huawei in wifi settings, then it will connect. You do need to sort the settings for the sim though, have just had the same problem with a friend, needed to put the APN settings in manually because her huawei did not recognise the foreign sim she had put in, there is a website which deals with all foreign network settings, its wiki.apnchanger.org. Hope this helps, and that you are having a great trip.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Take it to SIM shop?:sick: Have a great time either way:D

xx

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Sorry for the disappearing act, bloody Indian wifi!! Thought id run out of credit but I hadn't. Now I'm back on air my stupid laptop has gone on strike and won't switch on which means I can't get on the mifi either so relying on 3G off my Indian phone sim!! Still at least I'm in the right place to get a cheap battery pack for my laptop!! Assuming that is the problem. I refused to get stressed about it, I will just have another honeybee instead I will correct the APN if I can ever get in this damn laptop again :crying:

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
just download the huawei app onto your phone and do it through that, that is what I do

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well I thought I would give you all the latest in my mifi saga.
I downloaded the Huawei app and tried to register but cant get past where you enter the verification code to prove you are not a machine as every time it says the code is wrong when it isn't!! :swear2::swear2::swear2:

I did a factory reset on my mifi (dont ask me why, blame it on the Honeybee brandy making me brave and reckless!!) and have managed to manually enter the APN for Vodafone India. Now when i put the mifi on a message scrolls across the screen to say i have to connect via the web or something like that so I haven't actually achieved much by the looks of it although I am happy that I can at least get on-line still and haven't completely buggered it up:crying::crying::crying:.

Today I got back from a lovely day out and put the mifi on while i was firing up the laptop (which luckily decided to work today after refusing to switch on for 2 hours yesterday). The message scrolled across the mifi screen about connecting via the web so while I was waiting for the laptop to fire up I decided to try and connect via my phone. Imagine my surprise when it came up with the correct log in page and let me connect to the internet :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:.

When I switched it on this morning it didn't do that and probably wont tomorrow knowing my luck but hey ho. I have lost the will to try and correct whatever settings are wrong so I am going to stick with it as it is and hopefully take it to some nice brainy mifi expert when i return next March :active::active::active: who will hopefully sort it for me.

Right its time for another Honeybee I think :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well I thought I would give you all the latest in my mifi saga.
I downloaded the Huawei app and tried to register but cant get past where you enter the verification code to prove you are not a machine as every time it says the code is wrong when it isn't!! :swear2::swear2::swear2:

I did a factory reset on my mifi (dont ask me why, blame it on the Honeybee brandy making me brave and reckless!!) and have managed to manually enter the APN for Vodafone India. Now when i put the mifi on a message scrolls across the screen to say i have to connect via the web or something like that so I haven't actually achieved much by the looks of it although I am happy that I can at least get on-line still and haven't completely buggered it up:crying::crying::crying:.

Today I got back from a lovely day out and put the mifi on while i was firing up the laptop (which luckily decided to work today after refusing to switch on for 2 hours yesterday). The message scrolled across the mifi screen about connecting via the web so while I was waiting for the laptop to fire up I decided to try and connect via my phone. Imagine my surprise when it came up with the correct log in page and let me connect to the internet :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:.

When I switched it on this morning it didn't do that and probably wont tomorrow knowing my luck but hey ho. I have lost the will to try and correct whatever settings are wrong so I am going to stick with it as it is and hopefully take it to some nice brainy mifi expert when i return next March :active::active::active: who will hopefully sort it for me.

Right its time for another Honeybee I think :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:
Kerry, you could just come back to the UK and ring their help line - and speak to someone in India. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back