Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just had a knock on the door ..
Lady standing there asks if the motorhome outside is ours.
Yessssss.... ( a bit cagey ! )

"Do you remember 'Poppy', the ambulance conversion that used to be parked round the corner ?"

"yes.. Remember it well"

"Well sadly my hubby has died. Before he died we sold the van but I have some bits I need to get rid of."

So I am about to pop round there and take it all away and give her some lolly.
I suspect it will be nowt bar a few bits and bobs that are not gonna be a lot of use but .. Well I am sure you can understand.. She wants to move on and every time she opens a cupboard or the shed all her memories are in her face. All it will cost me is a few shekels and an hour of time

Why am I posting this ?

To remind you all to get out there and enjoy yourselves.
Life is so short and none of us know when our ticket will come up...

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Just had a knock on the door ..
Lady standing there asks if the motorhome outside is ours.
Yessssss.... ( a bit cagey ! )

"Do you remember 'Poppy', the ambulance conversion that used to be parked round the corner ?"

"yes.. Remember it well"

"Well sadly my hubby has died. Before he died we sold the van but I have some bits I need to get rid of."

So I am about to pop round there and take it all away and give her some lolly.
I suspect it will be nowt bar a few bits and bobs that are not gonna be a lot of use but .. Well I am sure you can understand.. She wants to move on and every time she opens a cupboard or the shed all her memories are in her face. All it will cost me is a few shekels and an hour of time

Why am I posting this ?

To remind you all to get out there and enjoy yourselves.
Life is so short and none of us know when our ticket will come up...
Stuff for the Thetford Bash 2016 Charity auction maybe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Well done @Jaws
Had a knock at 7am this morning myself., neighbours husband with severe asthma attack, waited on ambulance to come... didn't look well leaving.
"But for the grace of God go we"

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK.. 1 x porta poti ( which is very handy for the Bash .. Those that have attended will know what its for )
1 x towing rod in three parts that clips together ( Bash auction )
2 x 20 litre water containers that are bone dry and proly never used ( Bash or if anyone wants them they can have them
1 x brand new 14" wheel with brand new tyre on it ( Not sure what width as I never really looked or what the wheel is off of but she thinks it may have been a transit ? I do not think so but at some point will measure between centres of the holes

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
OK.. 1 x porta poti ( which is very handy for the Bash .. Those that have attended will know what its for )
1 x towing rod in three parts that clips together ( Bash auction )
2 x 20 litre water containers that are bone dry and proly never used ( Bash or if anyone wants them they can have them
1 x brand new 14" wheel with brand new tyre on it ( Not sure what width as I never really looked or what the wheel is off of but she thinks it may have been a transit ? I do not think so but at some point will measure between centres of the holes

No much to leave behind. Really sad.

And you went in hoping to find a Brough Superior with LA carved on the side.

Too late, it's in Sammy Miller's, saw it on Sat.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
image.gif As my signature says
"Live for today we are not a promised a tomorrow"

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You know Speve, I think there are mate.. I meet a lot more nice folk than horrors :)
On reflection I think you are right they don't like to take the credit for it that they deserve though just get on with their lives helping where they can.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No much to leave behind. Really sad.

And you went in hoping to find a Brough Superior with LA carved on the side.

Too late, it's in Sammy Miller's, saw it on Sat.
Actually there was quite a bit more Brian..
I emptied it all in to the front garden and have arranged a trailer to take it away. It is going straight to a charity collection point though I suspect most of it will end up in a skip.. But the lady did not need to know that :)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just had a proper look at that new wheel and tyre.
It is renault jobby and the tyre is dated 2007. It is now all in the skip..
Might be brand new but I could never in good conscience sell or give it to anyone ..

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Actually there was quite a bit more Brian..
I emptied it all in to the front garden and have arranged a trailer to take it away. It is going straight to a charity collection point though I suspect most of it will end up in a skip.. But the lady did not need to know that :)
That is very kind of you . My husband died over two years ago,the most difficult thing was to dispose ( that sounds bad) of his numerous items of camping ,walking and fishing gear. Plus he was an electrician and used to design and adjust tools for his use. He also did fly tying. Not to mention hundreds of books on all subjects ! You can imagine the scale of the task,which I mainly did alone when my daughters `were at work ,I knew how difficult it was for me so I wanted to spare them the pain. Yours was a very kind gesture and I`m sure the lady appreciated your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back