Camperstop Messines open again (1 Viewer)

camperstop messines

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Sao Bartolomeu de Messines
Funster No
MH
Sold it, not happy
Exp
Since 2008
I hope I can post this here, quite sure there are regulations for advertising.

After the torrential rain of November 1st we had to close down our site for several days, to assess the damage and get back on our feet again. With the help of a lot of neighbors, friends and guests we were able to clear most of the debry, and get all services up and running again.

We are happy to let everyone know that we are open for business again, so please spread the word that we are:
* not bankrupt,
* not closed down for ever
* not un-accessible

or whatever other rumors you encounter.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I hope I can post this here, quite sure there are regulations for advertising.

After the torrential rain of November 1st we had to close down our site for several days, to assess the damage and get back on our feet again. With the help of a lot of neighbors, friends and guests we were able to clear most of the debry, and get all services up and running again.

We are happy to let everyone know that we are open for business again, so please spread the word that we are:
* not bankrupt,
* not closed down for ever
* not un-accessible

or whatever other rumors you encounter.
........and I just thought that it was a particularly long and enjoyable lunch......... ;)(y) Pleased everything is OK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi @camperstop messines Im hoping to come down there 1st week in February and wondered availability for a XL pitch? Also is generators OK to use? I have a small Honda eu10 very quiet

Thanks Dave.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just had a look at your website. Thats great prices you have. Hope to visit sometime when Im older and retired :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi @camperstop messines Im hoping to come down there 1st week in February and wondered availability for a XL pitch? Also is generators OK to use? I have a small Honda eu10 very quiet

Thanks Dave.

No problem using your generator during the permitted times.

I stayed there recently and several gennies were used for short periods.

A great, rural site away from the hustle and bustle of life.

JJ :cool:

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi @JJ, thanks for the info, what are the permitted times? Sounds a great campsite, I don't like hustle and bustle of commercial sites and much prefer rural Any idea of what the weather could be like as not done Portugal at this time of year.

Thanks Dave

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi we are on Camperstop Messines right now and will be for the next month or so. There are no designated pitches as such, but there is ample room. For very long units ie over 30' you may have to shunt to get over the bridge to enter.

It's our first visit to this site, don't usually go on sites as we too don't like formal sites, this one is rural and kept as natural as it can be but with the added advantage of water and dump to hand, there is also toilets, hot showers, washing machine and sinks and mangle if you wash by hand. We are self sufficient in all those so use our own. The weather is obviously warmer than England at this time of year, at the moment we are getting lovely sunshine with the odd shower to lay the dust, enough sunshine to sit out in it during the day and to keep the solars going. Generators are permitted between the hours of 7pm to 9pm each day.

Have a safe trip down. See you soon. Come and join us for a cuppa when you get here.

Nigel and Pamala

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Nigel and Pamela @Sundowners many thanks for your reply and invite, I'll need a good brew once we arrive as the intention is do a lot of miles per day and blast down in the shortest possible time We are in need of some sun and warmth after the terrible rains and storms over here in the UK.

I'll definitely be over the 30ft length as towing a trailer with the IQ on it, do you envisage any problems getting a large pitch? Any other pointers to note? I've not done the journey down to Portugal before, only been as far as northern Spain, which route would you recommend?

Many thanks Dave

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am watching with interest for a reply as we are heading somewhere warm very soon.

Martin

OP
OP
camperstop messines

camperstop messines

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Sold it, not happy
Exp
Since 2008
Hi there funsters,
Been busy with chopping down some eucalyptus trees and getting my tires of the car fixed, so sorry for the delay in response to all your questions.
We are a small site in the middle of nature, 6km away from the nearest rural village. We are easily accessible from the IC1 (toll free) or the A2 (toll road), see the map on the website. We do not have electrical hook-up, generators are allowed between 19-21h to minimize nuisance to the neighbors. We also have no marked pitches, some are just a bit bigger then the other, depends a bit on where a eucalyptus tree stands. On average a pitch is 10m deep and 8m wide. There is a limit in accessibility, you have to cross a bridge that has a weight limit of 10ton. The length of your van can also be sort of a limit, but that depends a bit on your driving skills. We´ve had a 10,20m double axle motorhome crossing the bridge without problems, but had a 5,80m Possl knocking the railing off the bridge. An average driver should be able to get a 9m van over the bridge without too much sweating, but 10m long and 2.5m wide van-drivers might need some extra driving lessons. Trailers are ot a problem, if necessary unhook it and I will tow it with my Jeep.

As for the route down south to the Algarve, I remember having responded to another thread about it. We used to take the toll road in Northern Spain through Basque country (around Vitoria Gasteiz), then Rota de la Plata, a boring but fast way to get you south via Palencia (well know stopover, free aire) to Caceres, from there into Portugal to Evora (nice campsite/motorhome parking in Evoramonte called Camping Alentejo), then take the route to Beja and the IC1 south to the Algarve.

There is no age limit to visit us, so even non-pensionado´s are welcome @irnbru , I can´t always be the youngest on site :)

Any other questions or remarks, don´t hesitate to send me an email, as I do not want to use this forum as a big advertisement board for the campsite. But you are welcome to do so of course :)

Hope to all see you someday, if not just enjoy all the good things the Algarve has to offer.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi many thanks for your reply @camperstop messines I'll be heading down beginning of February so see you soon.

Oh just one more question, where is the nearest LPG filling station?

Thanks Dave

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Oh and is the Aire in Palencia campercontact 6100 (Avda Ponce de Leon 12, 34001 Palencia Spain?

N 42.00392 W -4.53465

Thanks Dave

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Buy yourself 'All the Aires, Spain and Portugal' from Vicarious Books, if you haven't already. (France as well if you are driving through France, plenty of places to stay, that's all we use, they also show lpg filling stations as well. We can always find free ones to stop at. Lpg is available just down the road from Camperstop Messines at Tunes.

Please ask if you have any further questions.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Just in case anyone is interested our stopovers were the following, bearing in mind we had a slow trip down.

First night after coming off Eurostar was Cucq.
Beauvais
Marboue
Couhe
Cleric
Orolon Ste Marie
Casalarreina
Torquemada (got van weighed on weighbridge here, self service for 50cents)
Torre don Miguel (in the mountains- suggest Caceres instead)
Monseraz, Portugal
Luz
Messines

If any co-ords are needed for any of the above please give us a shout. They are all in the Vicarious Aires books and all were free, some with no waster though.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I've got last years All the Aires Spain and Portugal so will use that but sometimes have to be careful with choosing which Aires to stop at as have to try and avoid ones which are just car parks with marked bays as sometimes can be difficult manoeuvring with trailer if busy with cars etc.

Glad to hear a local LPG station

OP
OP
camperstop messines

camperstop messines

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Funster No
MH
Sold it, not happy
Exp
Since 2008
Oh and is the Aire in Palencia campercontact 6100 (Avda Ponce de Leon 12, 34001 Palencia Spain?

N 42.00392 W -4.53465

Thanks Dave
Yes, that´s the one. Good for a night stopover during the long journey south,. From there you can walk into the lovely center of town and enjoy the tapas.

GPL as mentioned above can be found in Tunes, Boliquime and Albufeira.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Just a thought - if you are coming down through Portugal on the toll roads as we have done there is lpg available at most if not all. We topped up at the last one before the Messines exit. Plenty of outlets nearby too as listed by Andy.

Kath

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Fab We aim to arrive on Thu 4th Feb, we are leaving the U.K. 31st Jan and hope the weather is better than here!!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Couple of spelling mistakes on my list, sorry. They should read Oloron Ste Marie and Clerac, that should help you to find them easier on google maps. This year we came via Somport tunnel, rather than via Biarritz, very busy round that way and too easy to get caught on toll roads which we try to avoid. It was a very good road all the way down.

Ps. Just in case you didn't know, LPG = GPL in Europe

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Well had a good journey down, set off Sunday evening on 19.23 shuttle, stopped Sunday evening at an Aire just below Abberville, then last night stayed at an Aire in Cavignac and now on an aire in El Encinar near Salamanca. Should hit you by tomorrow afternoon Hope the weather is good

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back