NFU or SAGA Insurance- which one? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
have had quotes from both these and are within £10 of each other.
Has anyone experienced claims with either of these two if so was it a good or bad experience?
Also we carry cycles on rear of van - no mention in terms if these would be covered for theft - I will check when I phone to arrange insurance but wondered if these need to be covered on a seperate policy? (hubby's cycles worth quite a bit - mine only common bike!)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Has anyone experienced claims with either of these two if so was it a good or bad experience?
Also we carry cycles on rear of van - no mention in terms if these would be covered for theft - I will check when I phone to arrange insurance but wondered if these need to be covered on a seperate policy? (hubby's cycles worth quite a bit - mine only common bike!)

Never had a claim, thank goodness, but been with NFU for a few years. Found them very helpful & easy to talk to.

They are also a mutual society so they give you a bonus each year which is included in the renewal. My renewal just arrived & it's not changed from last year, well by £1. :cry:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi
I have made a claim from NFU for my Navara and they were brilliant.

I have had a quote from them and Saga for the Motorhome but bets price and cover was Caravanguard.

Caravan Insurance | Motorhome Insurance | Static Caravan Insurance :thumb:

Then NFU but it was quite a lot do not remember exactly.

Bikes are covered by house insurance, aren't they?

Steve

:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I always recommend NFU but i have never had to make a claim, the only downside I found with NFU was they don't or didn't provide full European breakdown cover for the motorhome so we stayed with Safeguard, however when the renewal is due we will seriously look at NFU for the motorhome and ADAC for the breakdown cover.

(We insure our car with NFU and have done for several years)

BEV

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
CORNWALL
Funster No
MH
AUTOCRUISE
Exp
Insurance

I am with SAGA mainly because they give no claims discount on both of my vehicles which the others didnt. The other thing is they are very good to us oldies and just a note for you long travellers they have the only credit card that doesnt charge for transactions out of the country.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Insurance

Check out this months Practical Motorhome as there is a good article re insurance

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Quotes for like for like policies so far for our 1992 Hymer have been:
Caravanguard £382 with UK breakdown cover
Safeguard £336 - no breakdown cover as out MH is over their 20year limit
Saga £224 (excluding breakdown cover)
NFU £228 with UK breakdown
Think I'm going to go with NFU and pay extra for European cover when I need it!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've been with NFU for four years and had an accident two years ago when traveling in France , won't go into the details but it was substantial, two other cars involved looked like right offs :whatthe:

one phone call to NFU office and the claim was handled .. no difficult questions or haggling and I didn't loose NCD ..

Last year while in France it was due for renewal, one phone call and they took the payment and sent all the documents to the local French post office .. think it took about three days for them to arrive..

very satisfied customer.

F

Floozy

Deleted User
Hey Jay...I've been with NFU for years now, did have a lil break at one point to try a different insurer, came back to NFU though. I've had claims with them both for household insurance and car insurance and they were wonderful both times. I'm happy wit NFU and can recommend them wholeheartedly.

Eva x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back