Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I have a Head light on my Ducato 2007 that has started to get humidity inside. I have closely inspected the light unit but can't see any damage. If anyone has previous experience of this problem some advice would be welcome before I strip out the Unit.(y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Not 100% on your type of base unit, but I had one similar on a car and the Vent pipes had come off the back. These feed air around the headlamp and back out again to prevent fogging. look behind and check to see if any small hoses are hanging loose.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I had a similar issue.. Twice I took the thing out and dried it completely in the airing cupboard
Third time it went I boiled two kettles of water, poured them in a bowl and chucked the headlight unit in
2 minutes later lifted it out ( gingerly ! It was bloody hot ) and removed the glass from the back bowl
Cleaned away all the sealant and using a glue gun resealed it.
Never had any more problems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have a Head light on my Ducato 2007 that has started to get humidity inside. I have closely inspected the light unit but can't see any damage. If anyone has previous experience of this problem some advice would be welcome before I strip out the Unit.(y)

I had the same problem on one of my cars. There was sufficient space to remove the headlamp bulb and seal and point a hair drier into the opening. That eliminated the condensation and after refitting the bulb and seal the problem never recurred :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back