LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like they need to crack on for the 27th.

Looking good though, liked the RS a lot more at the NEC this year without the high gloss interior, pool ogives if that your favourite.

Martin

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Well, they are 6 weeks late but it is booked with DVLA for type approval on 25th November and that's not really a moveable feast. I have an interior shot or two - it is quite complete internally - shots are a bit dark though - will put them up. They really are all over it - about 6 guys working on it. I am pretty confident.
Booked to go to VanBitz for Growler December 10th.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Looks fabulous and we are very envious.
RS Elysian A Class - single large slide out kitchen and lounge area. I posted a spec on my blog here. Retirement present to myself - planning more and longer breaks from next year including 9 months Canada and US in 2017.
Are you going to export it and then re-import it? We would love to tour USA in a motorhome but health insurance costs now prevent it - unless we can win the lottery.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Plan to ship it with Seabridge from Antwerp to East Coast - goes on a Ro Ro Ferry (!), they also provide motor insurance and a 110v to 220v transformer - so not an export and import, just straight ship it out and ship it back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Looks the business!

Am considering ordering a new A class next year and RS are high on my list, so will be interested to know how you have found them to date and what things are like for the first few months after you take delivery, so keep on posting and good luck.
Spud

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Experience of the last one was great in terms of service. They are absolutely rubbish sometimes at getting back to you on email and you have to pick up the phone but always really friendly when you speak to them or go there.

Definitely worth a visit to the factory and loads of vehicles to take a look at.
When it comes to choosing a layout it's basically entirely up to you. Start from one of the basic layouts and then choose what you want to change - which can be anything and everything. Unless you want something outrageous the cost doesn't really change as the vehicle already comes kitted out with everything that clicks and whirrs, onboard generator, underslung LPG tanks etc etc.

I admit I am a fan but then we all have our favourites when we have owned a van.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
looks absolutley fabulous and im very jealous what chassis is it on? and the real question how much

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
looks absolutley fabulous and im very jealous what chassis is it on? and the real question how much
145k for a 2 year old one with no slide out or solar ....Iveco 4.2 ton odds 3litre

I wonder if you can get remoulds for it?

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Plan to ship it with Seabridge from Antwerp to East Coast - goes on a Ro Ro Ferry (!), they also provide motor insurance and a 110v to 220v transformer - so not an export and import, just straight ship it out and ship it back.

We met a German couple on our travels who had used Seabridge to go to US and recommended it.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
RS motorhomes just up the road ( and round a few corners) from me allways seem friendly when visited, sadly Im too poor to purchase:(

GOOD LUCK with your van..it looks great

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Your new MH looks like it will be beautiful. Do you get to sleep in the MH onboard the ship or do you need to travel seperately. And can I ask how much it costs to have a mh shipped.?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Iveco 7ton chassis. This has the new 8 speed gearbox, apparently very smooth to drive. Our last one was a six speed and always had plenty of power but this should be a big improvement.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Your new MH looks like it will be beautiful. Do you get to sleep in the MH onboard the ship or do you need to travel seperately. And can I ask how much it costs to have a mh shipped.?
You travel separately. You can see the price in the Seabridge site as it is a cubic metre cost. Definitely cheaper for a long trip plus you can take all your own stuff.

Deleted User
Great looking van, too big for us though, we hope to tour Canada and US in the future so would be very interested in your adventures will you document stuff on your blog?

Lin :)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Great looking van, too big for us though, we hope to tour Canada and US in the future so would be very interested in your adventures will you document stuff on your blog?

Lin :)
Will definitely be blogging throughout the trip and coming up to it. The current plan is to leave Feb/March 2017. There is only one fly in the ointment on timing which is our 13 year old labrador - she is already on borrowed to,e but we won't embark on a 9 month trip leaving her behind because off she hasn't shuffled off this mortal coil by then she would while we were away and that would be a bit like abandoning an elderly relative knowing you wouldn't see her again. She has been a big part of the family and loved by our 10 grandchildren.

Will make a decision around September next year on timing.

Deleted User
Will definitely be blogging throughout the trip and coming up to it. The current plan is to leave Feb/March 2017. There is only one fly in the ointment on timing which is our 13 year old labrador - she is already on borrowed to,e but we won't embark on a 9 month trip leaving her behind because off she hasn't shuffled off this mortal coil by then she would while we were away and that would be a bit like abandoning an elderly relative knowing you wouldn't see her again. She has been a big part of the family and loved by our 10 grandchildren.

Will make a decision around September next year on timing.
Will follow with interest, same with us our old girl is 11 so waiting a while yet, although she would love it don't want to put her through a long flight, younger two possibly. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back