Private sale of motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
I'm thinking of buying a bigger van with a garage, but need to sell my Mirage 6000 first.
Apart from the for sale forum on here, where else should I advertise, for free of course ?

Van I've been looking at, with garage, is the Hymer 680. Any thoughts on this model.

Would p/x for a late model 680.

regards

Allen

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just do a Google search for "free online advertising".
there are hundreds of sites to choose from.
The best (IMHO) are Pre Loved and Viva Street. i got the most replies off those out of about 25 sites I advertised on for free in ther past 18 months.
I sold a 4k motorbike, a 34k RV and (this week) a 12K caravan.
My only advise is
a/ be prepared to accept LOTS of cold calling from agencies- ignore them, you wouldn't believe how rude and pushy some of them can be!
b/ Make a CAREFULL note of which sites you've used and then once the sale is complete, go back and remove the add from EVERY site.
i forgot with the motorbike and I'm STILL getting calls 18 months later!:Eeek:

Good luck!::bigsmile::thumb:

Last edited:

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
A suggestion for the safe transfer of money from the buyer's account into yours;
use CHAPS - the electronic transfer system between banks. It is 100% safe, and takes only a few hours. Part with your van only when you have checked with your bank that the money has arrived in your account. It costs about £30, but you could build that into the selling price.
Other methods of payment are open to potential fraud.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm thinking of buying a bigger van with a garage, but need to sell my Mirage 6000 first.
Apart from the for sale forum on here, where else should I advertise, for free of course ?
Van I've been looking at, with garage, is the Hymer 680. Any thoughts on this model.
Would p/x for a late model 680.
regards
Allen

Hi Allen,

Whats the Mirage all about? I have some vans with garages (no Hymers) maybe there is a deal to be had here.

Give us a ring, Lawence, Andy or Mark

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back