Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Just a wayward observation, I am working here earning the money so I can maintain our MP's standard of living so they can live on those big houses and drive Jaguars. In the good old days men in the production industry would go to the toilet with a newspaper hidden under their overalls, emerging 20 minutes later ready to voice their opinions on how the country is being run or who's fault it was when the trains were running late. I knew a bloke that on the stroke of 11am every day without fail would grab his paper and loose himself for a whole hour and nobody said a thing, this went on for 10 years :mad:, anyway back to point, why today do people take their phones into the toilet with them!! :rolleyes:.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Because they believe they are so important that The World would stop if they could not be contacted at once,,,,same for all the sad people who walk along our city streets with their phones held out in front of themselves not looking where they are going,,,BUSBY:):):):)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
More to the point, why can't folk ( and I include myself in this ! ) stand still when taking a call ?
I must wear out more shoes pacing up and down while on the fone than at any other time !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
More to the point, why can't folk ( and I include myself in this ! ) stand still when taking a call ?
I must wear out more shoes pacing up and down while on the fone than at any other time !
It's all the gesticulation that makes me laugh as though the other party can see it :LOL: especially giving directions :ROFLMAO:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
A bit of music helps with the flow.....

Deleted User

That's why they're called "mobile phones" - it's funny when you see someone who was sat at a desk, jump to their feet and start pacing around. :call:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I must wear out more shoes pacing up and down while on the fone than at any other time

I had to commute on the Isle of Wight ferry each day , & the number of people answering there mobiles walking around & around the ferry BUT why oh why ? do they have to raise the voices because they think the person on the other end can't hear them !!! everybody else on the ferry could !!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Its called 'doing the phonewalk'

If you ask someone just where they walked and for how long they wouldnt have a clue.

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Last week I got home from work and decided to have a bath. I dont normally have my phone on my person (it lives in my handbag) unless I have been on a building site. This fateful evening it was in my trouser pocket completely forgotten about. I ran the bath, started to strip off and my phone flew out of my trouser pocket, hit the sink and plopped into the bath!
Despite 4 days in a bowl of rice in the airing cupboard it is dead (although it smells nice!). Luckily it is a work phone and insured.

Don't take your phone in the bathroom!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sitting in reception of a tyre company yesterday, a young mother was fixsated with her phone trawling thro messages and texting while her young, about 2-3 year old, son was trying to get her attention "Mum mummy mum" she completely ignored the little fella, in the end he came over to me to show me his "Zoo Book". we had quite a conversation about a lion and a zebra:clap2:, a lot of uhhs deres and ooks were said:doh::laughing::wink:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sitting in reception of a tyre company yesterday, a young mother was fixsated with her phone trawling thro messages and texting while her young, about 2-3 year old, son was trying to get her attention "Mum mummy mum" she completely ignored the little fella, in the end he came over to me to show me his "Zoo Book". we had quite a conversation about a lion and a zebra:clap2:, a lot of uhhs deres and ooks were said:doh::laughing::wink:

Well done Rangi (y)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I worked for a while at Reyrolle Switchgear in Hebburn (long gone) which at the time employed thousands and the unions ruled the roost.
There is a story about one of the shop floor workers returning to work after the lunch break collapsing and rolling around on the ground just outside the gatehouse. His mate stopped and asked him what was wrong.
"I'm really dying to go the toilet" he said
"Well why don't you just go then?" His mate asked
"What? In my own time?"

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It's all the gesticulation that makes me laugh as though the other party can see it :LOL: especially giving directions :ROFLMAO:
This made me laugh, in my line of work we quite often use remote connection software so that we can remotely control our client's screen and guide them. Today whilst helping someone, I found myself pointing at my screen whilst saying "look, it's just here!" I guess I am just getting too old :D

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
This made me laugh, in my line of work we quite often use remote connection software so that we can remotely control our client's screen and guide them. Today whilst helping someone, I found myself pointing at my screen whilst saying "look, it's just here!" I guess I am just getting too old :D

I do so much training & support work on-line these days that I find myself doing the reverse. When on-site & sitting right next to the person I'm training, I'm inclined to grab the mouse & use the cursor to point at something on the screen rather than just pointing with my finger!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's the only time I walk by choice... Luckily a rare occurrence ... My van is too small to pace very far so where possible I get out of the van to pace.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Where I work the unit next door sell data management devices, they talk to clients by phone but their office is open plan so everybody hears the conversation so as a result on any given sunny day I see upto half a dozen people walking the carpark phones in hand walking around not wishing to invade others space, quite funny to watch sometimes when a call starts to get heated then the arms start going and longer distances get walked, when finished all the blokes gather round the company cars to have a fag and talk about the impending arrival of the new BMW or the latest exotic holiday plans, I kid you not.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My phone is usually in my pocket - not ideal as so far one has gone into the boating lake in Moffat, and 2 have dropped into the loo! I always have a couple of spares about and keep all details in the sim with the hope that it survives the dunking!!!

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Our son conducts most of his business:whistle: on his mobile phone and at all times of the day. A few months ago he dropped it in the loo!:sick:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Yesterday, whilst walking the doggy, I watched a scaffolder, do the walk up on top of where they were building a complete cover for a house whose roof was to be taken off. Talking away, whist simply stepping from pole to pole. :whatthe:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
They used to make the old phone boxes at the Lion foundry in my home town , I blame thatcher it's all her fault that people now have to resort to using their phones in the toilet:)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
No great change really. Some people have always had a pee while on the phone. That's why so many of the old phone boxes smelled funny. Granted taking your phone to your own toilet has extended the range of toilet activities - although given the state of one or two phone boxes I've been in, I'm not even sure that was always true. :sicker:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back