Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Problem is, when any organisation does good stuff, it goes unheralded. Do bad stuff and all the world knows, instantly. Have seen many good comments on this forum recently about DVLA....... good post, thanks.

Bryan

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
believe me its a fluke!

incompetent..not fit for purpose etc..If they wernt a government department IE we pay for it:( they would have gone bankrupt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Problem is, when any organisation does good stuff, it goes unheralded. Do bad stuff and all the world knows, instantly. Have seen many good comments on this forum recently about DVLA....... good post, thanks.

Bryan

I see what you're saying; however - organisation does job it should do without fuss, shouldn't come as a massive surprise, but it does. I run a complaints department for one of the largest public sector organisations in the UK. I personally expect that staff should do the right job every single time and that should be the minimum service that is offered.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Always had brilliant service from them..One of the biggest problems is idiots not filling forms in correctly,,,think they deal with hundred of thousand enquiries a week. BUSBY

Spot on comment, always easier to blame "some other dude "

Bryan

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Maybe I am biased, every single dealing I have had with the DVLA that is even slightly out of the norm has been an utter fiasco. Even some of the more trivial things like registering a new car have been a nightmare! Certainly registering the van was, they lost the form the first time I posted it, and denied they had received it. Second time I had to send the new keeper supplement, but this time I sent it recorded delivery. They again denied that it had arrived, but this time I was able to tell them who had signed for it and at what time. Amazingly the form reappeared as if by magic!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Application for digital taco card three weeks before I went on holiday arrived today only thing is it isn't mine my name on the A4 sheet it was stuck to.
but the card is some one else's could take up to two weeks to sort out :sick:(n)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It used to be so straight forward when we had the local offices:(

with last import it was only when I complained to head honcho by recorded mail that case was managed by his PA and eventually sorted.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Why on earth should they get praised for doing what they are supposed to do? I've no doubt there are many individuals who do a good job but as an organization (which we pay for) it leaves much to be desired.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Why on earth should they get praised for doing what they are supposed to do? I've no doubt there are many individuals who do a good job but as an organization (which we pay for) it leaves much to be desired.

Because...... they so rarely get it right!

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
believe me its a fluke!

incompetent..not fit for purpose etc..If they wernt a government department IE we pay for it:( they would have gone bankrupt
Not with the revenue they generate from Sale of Marks and the penalties from Excise duty offences they wouldn't be!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Why on earth should they get praised for doing what they are supposed to do?
Because we all should! Can you imagine anything more demoralising at work (or at home) than only ever having your mistakes pointed out? in public? and no recognition of when you get it right? That's going to really make you work more efficiently and effectively isn't it!
latest

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp

Lest we forget it is remembrance day today. Many people that should be 'applauded' for 'doing their job', which overworked or not is a damn sight harder than processing a few forms.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Because we all should! Can you imagine anything more demoralising at work (or at home) than only ever having your mistakes pointed out? in public? and no recognition of when you get it right? That's going to really make you work more efficiently and effectively isn't it!
latest

Lest we forget it is remembrance day today. Many people that should be 'applauded' for 'doing their job', which overworked or not is a damn sight harder than processing a few forms.

NO. You be civil, say thank you and be polite to people who do their job. You praise people who go that bit extra. And this has nothing to do with the armed forces who I have nothing but the greatest respect for.

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
NO. You be civil, say thank you and be polite to people who do their job. You praise people who go that bit extra. And this has nothing to do with the armed forces who I have nothing but the greatest respect for.

:(

Jesus. Take a deep breath. In with anger and out with the love.

Now, please point out where I said you did not have to be polite and say thank you - that to me is standard to anyone. It's called manners.

And your post confirms what I have implied above - you praise those who go that bit extra.

Not for processing a form correctly #backslapsallround

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
:(

Jesus. Take a deep breath. In with anger and out with the love.
Now, please point out where I said you did not have to be polite and say thank you - that to me is standard to anyone. It's called manners.
And your post confirms what I have implied above - you praise those who go that bit extra.
Not for processing a form correctly #backslapsallround
No anger from me. I just didn't agree with the 2 responses to my post. That's allowed isn't it?
"peace and love"

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
On a Different subject but giving somebody a big pat on the back. I sold an awning to a guy who lived a distance away who asked if I could pass it over to his pal who just happened to be working in our area. I missed him yesterday, so called in today to our local Enterprise Rental depot to see if they new the guy I was looking for the he only works there has a valeter but not employed by them. The Manageress took it upon herself to find out his name and let me know when he turned up today which she did with no sale or booking from me so well done to her and a good big thank's from me. Pete

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
latest

Sorry but if you are making mistakes you shouldn't be employed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back