DVLA (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Isn't our DVLA just wonderful? On 10th September I emailed (their website) to ask for forms D2/D4 to be sent to me, after three weeks (they state 7/10 days) nothing, I again emailed them, nothing, so being a Scot I invoked the Robert the Bruce spider theory (try again) and emailed again on the 29th October, on 5th November I received 3 letters all posted same day with 3 lots of forms, so the moral of the story is if at first or second time you do not succeed, then try again.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Isn't our DVLA just wonderful? On 10th September I emailed (their website) to ask for forms D2/D4 to be sent to me, after three weeks (they state 7/10 days) nothing, I again emailed them, nothing, so being a Scot I invoked the Robert the Bruce spider theory (try again) and emailed again on the 29th October, on 5th November I received 3 letters all posted same day with 3 lots of forms, so the moral of the story is if at first or second time you do not succeed, then try again.

Hi You have now got the forms don't hold your breath after you send them in if you have any past health problems. Pete

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I must have had your forms! I applied for the same, they came 4 days later!
Still waiting for a replacement V5 though, applied for 5 weeks ago.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I must have had your forms! I applied for the same, they came 4 days later!
Still waiting for a replacement V5 though, applied for 5 weeks ago.....

My replacement V5 came by return of post....... it's a lottery I tell you!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've never had an issue, weight uprate, new V5s, renewed driving licence all back within a fortnight.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A replacement V5 recently took 6 weeks, it wasnt opened until three weeks after receipt, depends which heap they put it in.
What a mess, if in the commercial world they would be shut down.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've never had an issue, weight uprate, new V5s, renewed driving licence all back within a fortnight.
Hope you checked it, everyone I know who has upgraded this year they have cocked up the V5, changed the revenue weight to 3850, but left the mass at 3500.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hope you checked it, everyone I know who has upgraded this year they have cocked up the V5, changed the revenue weight to 3850, but left the mass at 3500.

It's fine. It was already PHGV from new, the uprate was just adding a bit more.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Used to buy tons of cars in the UK, many had missing V5, especially high end marques.
Got to know 2 ladies in the Swansea office, all I had to do in the end was ring them and email in details. V5 or permanent export certificate usually inside a week....
Always cost me 2 bottles of wine and 2 boxes of chocolates at Christmas it did.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I Sorned a car on the 6th October and today returned from holiday to find a letter from the DVLA stating that said car was not insured on 28th October and threatening me with a ÂŁ100 fine.
I have to print off the Sorn confirmation sent to me from their own website in the post to avoid the fine. Nowhere does it say I can quote anything from the confirmation by online means. So I have sent the paper and requested a payment for my time and expenses as they have not checked their own records.
I don't expect a reply.
Plonkers the lot of them.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ha! Join a VERY long queue. My D2/4 re-application just arrived last week after 4 weeks. so Much so, I had Forgotten about it!

"Not fit for purpose". We need our LOCAL offices back, where we could TALK to REAL people. I used to go to Beverley, ask for (any) form Fill it in. hand it to the clerk. and get an answer straight away. NOW there is NO contact beyond the online "fill in the form" page and when you get a reply if it does not answer the question, you cannot just reply because it comes from a "Do not reply" e-mail address, so you have to fill in the form box (Again) give all the past info and then ask for clarification. this process can be repeated several times before you get a Clear(ish) answer!!. The alternative, and I know because I HAD to do it, is to listen to a long period of "Muzak" whilst waiting for some "oik" to answer the telephone and pay though the nose for the "privelage"!!. I can`t tell you what I really think, because that would break several forum rules about abuse and possibly get me barred!!!

Pete

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
This is what happens when public services are put out to the private sector. Capita were given a contract to run DVLA until November 2016 with a possible extension until 2017.

This is down to cost cutting, so they got rid of the expensive experienced and knowledgeable staff and replaced them with new blood on lower wages. You pays peanuts and you get monkeys.

Problems were happening long before this. In 2006 when I imported and registered by Mercedes Hymer Motorhome. The V5 came back Make: Mercedes - Model: Renault Scenic - Body Type: Pickup. It took years to get it recorded as PHGV as they took the unladen weight on the factory sheet as the revenue weight instead of the Maximum vehicle weight.. The local office eventually sorted it out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back