Tunnel Booking Help (1 Viewer)

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Having never used the tunnel for anything other than work and having just orgaised a holiday to take the camper in August im a little stumped.

If I book the dates i want Aug 20th going out Aug 27th coming back its £174 using the early hours but

If i book out 20th and back 21st its £60 so is there any reason i cant book a 24hr saver to take me out and same to bring me back, obviously not using the back on the first ticket and not using the out on the second?

It will be nearly half price but im guessing its not that simple to get round their system could you please confirm?

Thanks

Kevin

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I pretty sure that I've seen small print that if you don't fulfil your contract to travel at those times they can go for you.

They are not stupid.

Have you tried Sea France ? You may get a return for £60.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
From the Eurotunnel web page:

Failure to complete both the outward and return journeys in respect of a return booking will invalidate your booking and in the event that you complete only one journey in respect of a return booking, you will be liable to pay the difference between the price that you paid for your return booking and the single fare applicable at the time that your journey was made. Eurotunnel reserves the right to obtain from you payment in full for all sums so arising.
All travel must be completed within 1 calendar year of the date of booking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I've found P&O to be cheaper than anyone else this year! Both coming back over here in April and for going over to France in August!
Unusual I know as Sea France is usually the cheapest!:Eeek:

We were coming back P&O this year in April at £58 single and met up with the French fishermen's blockade - P&O transferred us on to the train for free! It should have cost us about £183 for that particular train!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
1 If using Eurotunnel for a single return trip the prices vairy regarding length of travel period if you have Tesco points and use them towards your booking your rewards are quadrupled ie : £5 = £20 off your fare.:thumb:
2 If booking Seafrance Ferry online in the offer code box just type in BROWN and you usually get an immediate discount :thumb:

OP
OP
T

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Thanks everyone that pretty much sums up what i thought, I just fancied the idea of having some more flexibility with my return trip.

I wanted to use the shuttle as one I know for sure it will go on without a problem, it saves me half hour drive and its a lot quicker overall.

I reckon i might just compare them though and try the discount code posted for sea france, might just be worthwhile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
On a past trip with Sea France had enquired about the same question as said previously it would invalidate any discount and full fare would have to be paid on re-entry to UK

We sail with Sea France mainly for the option of their "Freedom" ticket on the return trip to UK so if we miss one Ferry we choose another or extra days , not sure if you can do that with the other ferries companies

Couldnt you just purchase your Euro Tunnel ticket's there n back individually ?
Having only travelled that route (Euro T)once on a coach have no idea sorry

S

stagman

Deleted User
Having never used the tunnel for anything other than work and having just orgaised a holiday to take the camper in August im a little stumped.

If I book the dates i want Aug 20th going out Aug 27th coming back its £174 using the early hours but

If i book out 20th and back 21st its £60 so is there any reason i cant book a 24hr saver to take me out and same to bring me back, obviously not using the back on the first ticket and not using the out on the second?

It will be nearly half price but im guessing its not that simple to get round their system could you please confirm?

Thanks

Kevin

If you got Tesco vouchers you may be able to do it for free.We did:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back