Quinta Majay... Central Portugal. (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It is with huge joy and excitement that I can tell all you Funsters that I am parked on a brand new "site" in Central Portugal called "Quinta Majay."

Okay, it is not a "site" as such but a plot of mixed land (1.2 acres) (trees, grass, vines etc) which now "belongs" to me as I signed some papers on Friday. I then went out and bought various machines (strimmer, chain saw, rotary mower etc) and have been pottering around in the sun clearing vegetation... Tonight will be my first night on it... it is really weird to look out at this beauty and not worry that someone might move me on!!!

In due course it will be available for use by any of you Funsters whose rigs are not too big to fit between the two Eucalyptus trees... providing you don't support (or if you do you keep it a secret) Man United. Indeed a "meet" would be awesome for me...

I will try to post a couple of photos...

Am back in Blighty on Wednesday and hope to supply more details when on a faste connection

Last edited:
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
You're living my dream JJ ....enjoy :thumb:

I might never make it but at least I can enjoy hearing about your experience...Ta! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Never ever thought I would get to where I am now Graham... you never ever, ever know what this life has waiting for you... as the Stones sang so long ago... "...lose your dreams and you will lose your mind..."

JJ

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
strimmer and chainsaw...:Eeek:

cut down some trees, sell 'em and and with the procedes hire a JCB.
we expect hardstanding, water, electric and sewage and nothing less:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

we may get down that way one day....til then, keep clearing and congratulations.:thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
well done JJ the boy did good:ROFLMAO: not bad for someone earning a meagre crust as a street entertainer,::bigsmile: keep us posted with new pics as and when, now you have to make sure that you have room for the big uns so keep clearing, remember big trees from little acorns grow.

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
You must be really chuffed JJ.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Envy, envy, envy..........

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am parked on a brand new "site" in Central Portugal called "Quinta Majay."

Awesome.

Get to work, the 40 odd of us at the bring an buy will be leaving Cheshire on Sunday, Monday mid France, Tuesday northern Spain, Wednesday - well you've not posted directions.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
In due course it will be available for use by any of you Funsters whose rigs are not too big to fit between the two Eucalyptus trees... providing you don't support (or if you do you keep it a secret) Man United. Indeed a "meet" would be awesome for me...

I will try to post a couple of photos...

Am back in Blighty on Wednesday and hope to supply more details when on a faste connection

Well done jj we will watch out for your directions of how to get to you.

We normally get down that way come the winter so may be able to meet up when you are sorted.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It is with huge joy and excitement that I can tell all you Funsters that I am parked on a brand new "site" in Central Portugal called "Quinta Majay."

Serious, for a change.

If you just bought a field in UK and attempted to live on it all hell would break loose.

Colonel Blimp "The bounder is parked on land my family have walked since Trafalgar".
The Sun "Residents up in arms at new squatter camp. 'My house is now valueless' said an enraged local".
Local council "Great we've some work to do, our pensions are safe".
Police "Nothing to do with us. Is that car yours ? You're nicked".

Can you just "do it" in Portugal ?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Many Congratulations JJ on your new venture, wishing you many happy n of course funster hours ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: there

It would be lovely to visit with you sometime in the future, the one time being a small van works in our favour:winky::winky:
What about a bring and clear party??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We can feel your excitement. Congrats.

When we lived in the bush in Oz, whenever any help was needed by a neighbour, we used to have a 'Busy Bee', when everyone used to muck in and get the work done - as the saying goes, 'many hands make light work'. So we believe one condition on staying on such a lovely spot should be to contribute something in improving the site. We would be more than happy to lend a hand, if only we could be free to do that, yes we are dreaming of that day.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thank you everyone for your kind and witty comments.

The exact directions will be posted in due course. In the beginning I would prefer to be present to welcome any visitors (and make sure no one falls down the wells) and I will not be there (other than quick visits) until mid November. I envisage a time when you lot will be able just to turn up and park as and when you choose whether I am there or not (you must promise not to nick all the pears...) but I ask for patience right now...

You have to drive past two houses and then down a wooded track (150 metres) but once on the land there is no one who can overlook us. Not sure what the locals will think of a load of motorhomers turning up but I have (for research purposes only you understand) taken a few beers at a local bar and they already know a little about me!!!

Quinta Majay is approximately 2 kms off the IC8 which runs from Castello Branco to Figueira da Foz near a place called Graça. there are several (riverside) beaches/swimming places nearby and you are pretty close to the Roman ruins at Coningbriga, the castle of Penela and about an hour from the University city of Coimbra.

JJ

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Absolutely excellent JJ:thumb::thumb:

I am really pleased for you and who know one day may even make it out there.

Good luck for the future::bigsmile:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Looks a great place, I bet it has been hard work in the heat. I am I Lisbon at the mo and it is 30 Degrees at 6.00pm. Shame I dont have time to pop up and see you.
Maybe on my next trip.

Andy

tyrangie1

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi There

Hi JJ
Congratulations on fullfilling your dream, Portugal is a beautiful place to be.
We have just down sized to a smaller motorhome and we hope to be in that area in the winter, hubby is hardhat ex building site worker so if we make it that way I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving a hand.
enjoy, Angie ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back