Where should we go in the UK for one week, Mid November (1 Viewer)

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
Halifax Stunning city . Loads to see and easy parking . We enjoyed our visit .

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
With all the autumn colours you can't go wrong with Derbyshire and Yorkshire. The Ironbridge museums are worth a visit so is Fountains Abbey. If you are a corrie fan the tour in Manchester is very good but ends later in the year. I found the Metro Centre in Newcastle a real eye opener, it has all the Christmas decs up, easy to spend a day there and ideal it it is raining.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
For a week I think somewhere near where you live, which is a mystery given your profile. :)

But I'm going to the Forrest of Dean in a couple of weeks then on to Pembrokeshire. Both places for the walking rather than the sun!

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
DBK. The sub-title gave it away for me "Flying the flag for Devon" (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For a week I think somewhere near where you live, which is a mystery given your profile. :)

Ah, but the clue is in his signature. Devon is lovely but you couldn't go far wrong in New Forest.

(Aah sucks - beat me to it!)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Going to Cambridgeshire as hubby is fitting a kitchen for son #1. We will park up in their neighbours yard (EHU and water and tank empty facilities)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
DBK. The sub-title gave it away for me "Flying the flag for Devon" (y)
Ah, but the clue is in his signature. Devon is lovely but you couldn't go far wrong in New Forest.

(Aah sucks - beat me to it!)
But my settings don't show signatures!

Knowing that I suggest Treloan Farm at Gerrans near Portscatho. Sea views, beaches, pubs and plenty of walking. And bird watching, we were there last weekend and I saw my second ever Firecrest.

I'm organising another rally there next spring for the Murvi Owners' Club. Not the most luxurious of sites or to be blunt the cheapest but a great location.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Into hospital for a new knee (if they get it right this time) :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Assuming you are in Devon?. This time of year the Somerset Carnivals are worth a Punt?

Over a week. you could get to see 3?. back when we lived in Yeovil we saw most of them. The Noise, Lights, and features are quite Spectacular?.

Pete

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We've just spent a few days at Highlands End in Dorset.
If you can get one of the gravel pitches right on the edge there's a great uninterrupted view of the sunset over the cliffs (if the clouds allow)
They have a gym (£5), 20m pool, steam room & sauna (£3.50) or £7 gym-&-swim, and restaurant/ bar on site
On the coast path
Short walk to Eype with hotel (nice for a 'proper' dinner if you want) & a pub (we had a nice casserole for lunch)
Walkable to Eype, Bridport and West Bay - the 3 filming sites for Broadchurch

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
See where the weather is best and go there.... most places are pleasant if the sun shines, some are stunning! Most places are a bit miserable when the weather is rubbish. Then cities might be the best thing. Come up with 3 or 4 ideas, check the weather 3 or 4 days before then ask again to find out the best bits.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
See where the weather is best and go there.... most places are pleasant if the sun shines, some are stunning! Most places are a bit miserable when the weather is rubbish. Then cities might be the best thing. Come up with 3 or 4 ideas, check the weather 3 or 4 days before then ask again to find out the best bits.
That's a very sensible/logical approach:).....but we can't resist the New Forest, especially this time of year - whatever the weather:LOL:. As long as you pack the wellies it'll be fine(y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Talking of cities.......Abbey Wood cc couldn't be better placed if you fancy London (& can get on:))

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Isle of Wight,gets nice and warm on southern side and is motorhome friendly ..

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Were in barmouth at present wet but very nice, anybody know for sites open nr. Fishguard regards steve

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Keswick C &CC site, if you can get in. If weather is good you get fantastic views and the town centre is just a few minutes walk from the site. Plenty of places to eat out, including a Weatherspoons and a good bus service to visit other towns if required. Appreciate it may be too far for you to travel but have just been for 3 days and am going again next month for another visit.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Depends what you like but I know we would go back to Hartlepool and stop on the south quay ( free to park overnight ) to do the maratime museum again and then back up to Beamish living museum as we did not get to see it all

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Knowing that I suggest Treloan Farm at Gerrans near Portscatho. Sea views, beaches, pubs and plenty of walking. And bird watching, we were there last weekend and I saw my second ever Firecrest.

I'm organising another rally there next spring for the Murvi Owners' Club. Not the most luxurious of sites or to be blunt the cheapest but a great location.

Firecrest ? Is that a Vauxhall ? ;)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

We have stayed at Treloan a few times, even though it is less than 10 miles from where we live. You have direct access to the coastal path and the walk either way is superb, especially if you have the energy to walk West. Far as St Anthony's Head which looks across to Falmouth from the WW2 battery. Portscatho is a pleasant little village with a pub and cafe and is also the home of the Hidden Hut, a cafe overlooking the beach. Might not be open at this time of year though. The downside of Treloan is that being on the Roseland peninsula, getting off there to visit other parts of Cornwall involves a lot of driving, but if you are staying in one place it's fine.
If being near a town on the coast appeals, try Ayr Park overlooking Porthmeor beach at St Ives. Not cheap but the views, the pitches and the facilities are superb. Gary

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wasn't ( isn't ? ) the Firecrest a plastic pig ??

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Another vote for the New Forest here.
We stayed on the "Centenery CC campsite.. (They take non-members)
We visited Bucklers hard where Nelson has some of his fleet built. And the Beauleu motor museum amongst other places. Nice area and very little wind. It's the trees you see :LOL::LOL:

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
We did Bristol , Cardiff and Ludlow last November for our wedding anniversary week . We had a splendid time ! Would totally recommend it .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back