Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
This summer I would like go on a camping holiday to Italy with my husband and daughter. I've looked at camping holiday at www.lux-camp.co.uk - they have many good campsites in Italy. I'm thinking that we should book the campsite Bella Italia. Does anyone have experience with this campsite? Or recommend another campsite in Italy?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
This summer I would like go on a camping holiday to Italy with my husband and daughter. I've looked at camping holiday at www.lux-camp.co.uk - they have many good campsites in Italy. I'm thinking that we should book the campsite Bella Italia. Does anyone have experience with this campsite? Or recommend another campsite in Italy?
Thanks

We stayed at Camping Cappuccini which is right next door to Bella Italia in the summer. I have to say I'm glad we weren't staying at Bella Italia. It's huge, biggest campsite I've ever seen and there was very much a Hi-de-Hi thing going on with some numpty on the tannoy giving announcements and activities for the day in three languages at about 9AM every morning and loads of "entertainment staff" type people everywhere.

We liked Camping Cappuccini though (apart from being close enough to Bella Italia to hear said numpty)

It's a much smaller site but still ticks all the site boxes - bar, restaurant, on site pool, shower block etc, direct access to the beach, beach bar.

The beach at that part of Lake Garda is fantastic. The water is safe for kids and warm. About 100 yards out it's only up to your waist.

The one thing you will find, whatever site you look at, is that if you go during the summer holidays, especially August be prepared for them all to be horribly expensive.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Another well placed one Camping Butterfly. Very popular, book now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Bella Italia awful IMO its massive...crowds unbelievable..we stayed outside on the Aire and just went in for dinner it was a bun fight...never again!.

much better down to earth sites around. a personal favorite is camping Fornella near Salo. other sites nearby

you have to book by December for high season

Reactions: DBK
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed at butterfly, and found the plots very small, I know we have a big van !!, do we moved next door to 'campeggio del garda' bigger plots and a view of the lake,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We stayed at butterfly, and found the plots very small, I know we have a big van !!, do we moved next door to 'campeggio del garda' bigger plots and a view of the lake,

yeah well its the most expensive real estate in Italy round the lakes...hence the tight pitches. Fornella has plenty of large pitches for big rigs

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988

Is campeggio del garda ACSI please?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Lake Iseo real nice as well...prices a bit more down to earth in high season

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We stayed on a nice site right in the lake at Desenzano de Garda, the site was called San Francesco, very clean toilet/showers, laundry room, restaurant, take away, pitches are quite close but you can book pitch before you arrive, take acsi card as well

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@MLK
We stayed at Belle Italia 2 years ago.
Big busy commercial site loads of chalets as well as hundreds of touring pitches. More like a holiday park than traditional campsite and very popular. Can't say we'd rush back not our thing having said that we had a nice stay pitched overlooking the sea 20 yds from the beach.
Can see if the attraction if you've got kids they'd love it theres so much to keep them entertained.
So don't let negative comments put you off we all have different needs and likes / dislikes.(y)
Site was kept immaculately clean and tidy

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Judgemental you have been to Fornella a lot which type of pitches would you recommend there ?

This was us accessing a super-pitch at Fornella last August; No. 170 on their map. A bit of a squeeze in our 8.5 metre van but certainly manageable.

To be honest I didn't really get Garda as a useable lake...much preferred Iseo and Lake Lugano in Switzerland.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We're only 6.5 so should be sweet.

Do you know how easy it is to get to Verona from there for the day, looks a bit far from public transport.

Yes a bit out of the way for Public Transport. We ventured to the Sosta at Peschiera del Garda and caught the train there into Verona. Not too far to walk from the Sosta to the train station.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This was us accessing a super-pitch at Fornella last August; No. 170 on their map. A bit of a squeeze in our 8.5 metre van but certainly manageable.

To be honest I didn't really get Garda as a useable lake...much preferred Iseo and Lake Lugano in Switzerland.

This is area we stay as well, spacious and loads of shade.@orridge dont book the super pitches on far left behind the pool its a new area and no real shade yet

just looked at video @Imbiber we turned up the following week:)

we use the bikes when there so no transport problems

Eddie

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
There are two sites to which we would happily return.

Camping del Sole on Lake Iseo and the delightful Camping Royal at Pettenasco on Lake Orta.
The first as a quality lakeside family site and the second as a quieter friendly getaway.
We loathed SanFrancesco on Garda.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back