SteveG

Free Member
Dec 22, 2014
NW England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Heading off to Bridlington next week for a few days, looking to stay somewhere around the knaresborough, ripon are for a couple of nights when heading back to Lancashire. Somewhere peaceful, a walking distance to restaurant or pub, maybe village. Hook up would be nice but not essential! Any ideas out there??

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Former CC Site on the Harrogate show-ground 53.981192, -1.501362 Short walk across field (footpath) to the Travellers Rest.

Sainsbury. and Bus stop within walking distance.

Which Brid site you planning to use? Be aware ALL the Car parks have a height barrier now since they had issues with Itinerants. with the possible exception of The coach Park. near Tesco.

Not sure of current cost but paid circa £16 / Night 2013.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SteveG

SteveG

Free Member
Dec 22, 2014
NW England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks all! Off to the CC site @ Brid! theirs at Knaresborough is showing full for that weekend. Harrogate might be ok

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are staying this weekend at Shaws Trailer Park in Harrogate, so SWBMO can do her Christmas shopping, before jumping on the ferry again from Hull to zeebrugge for a quick 2 week 'jolly '....I sense a night in Beaune and then 10'days east and west of Montpellier.....and maybe a night in Paris on the way back...

But who knows, plans can change !!!!!, as I'm only the driver !!!!!
You can tell she doesn't monitor this forum !!!!

OP
OP
SteveG

SteveG

Free Member
Dec 22, 2014
NW England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can't find the York CL in the book Techno, is it a new one??

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
If you are a CC member we spent 3 nights at Wayside Farm Staveley CC 1868 last week. Very quiet, about a mile from the Guy Fawkes Pub which has very good food and beer. Toilet and shower ok but in the process of being upgraded. Good gravel hard standing. About 2 miles from Knarsborough -we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Steve, Look at Masham old station caravan park (I think google will give you a website) Great site 10 mins walk from Masham ( 2 Breweries, loads of pubs, good chippy, great butchers!
Cheers
Bernie

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Ripley caravan site, between Ripon, Harrogate and Knaresbrough, short walk into Ripley village with it castle and pub, bus every 15 minutes between Harrogate and Ripon.

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Try shaws trailer park Harrogate little bit dated but inexpensive we stay there when we have a night out in Harrogate Bus stop right out side for Knaresbough

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Hotelman. We too are hoping to get to Shaws this weekend, I like the place, been a few times. Some folk have told me they are put of by the TRAILER PARK name.

Great for public transport in to Harrogate, Knaresborough, never seen as many take aways, pizza, chicken, Indian, Chinese, Thai, fish an the chips etc, express versions of the supermarkets etc,
within a short walk or cycle ride. We always get a Chinese one night, and they will even deliver free.

I can even get wifi when needed as I use FON and can connect to a locals Wifi network

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hi Steve, Look at Masham old station caravan park (I think google will give you a website) Great site 10 mins walk from Masham ( 2 Breweries, loads of pubs, good chippy, great butchers!
Cheers
Bernie
Seconded(y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
My nephew's pub takes a motorhome overnight - The King's Arms, Sandhutton, nr Thirsk. No charge for parking, and delicious food - you have to pay for that though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back