LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Had to 11's lightweight fitted yesterday by Auto gas 2000 Ltd popped in there on the way way back from Whitby neat Job Bill was pleased with their work and would recommend them to you plus we did get a funster discount :)
gas.jpg
gas1.jpg
gas2.jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Nice.. what are the two fittings in the top photograph??
One below the sill and the top one in the body panel..
I'm assuming one is a fill point..
Ta andy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They fitted it Brian so i do hope so
Kate x

What worries me is it looks just where I've caught our nearside skirt twice, once on a low iron bollard on a pavement corner and then on some wood in a garden parking. At least you can think about it.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
will get Bill to take another look at it tomorrow the locker next to it is lower and the exhaust is lower that the locker will take a better pic tomorrow . Got me worried now Brian but thanks xxx Kate

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is that filler high enough ?
If you look to the left in one of the photos you can see the locker which appears to be even lower.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
will get Bill to take another look at it tomorrow the locker next to it is lower and the exhaust is lower that the locker will take a better pic tomorrow . Got me worried now Brian but thanks xxx Kate

wouldn't be too concerned.. it is still higher than the chassis rail.. (which you can just about see ) and as Mel said. the step

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
gas2.jpg
Brian if you look at the locker below the orange running light the filling point is way above that but will let Bill know thanks again x Kate
ps sorry didnt see other posts of MinxyGirl and ScotJimland

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you look to the left in one of the photos you can see the locker which appears to be even lower.

I don't think so, when the gas locker is down the bottom line will be straight. Now you've made me look again I like it even less. Just to the left there looks to be a small panel under an amber reflector, I would like to see it there, if it were mine. Or even where that reflector is.

It sure would not add to a holiday if this gets knocked off.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I don't think the issue would be in "normal" operation. It might be tricky if you went too close to an object on that side when manoeuvring? OR as I previously observed, ferry ramps, some of which have "Fingers" which can Jamb and leave just one raised. I know that I've been tasked with the job of "fixing" them before today! Usually a large hammer and grease gun! I even burned one off once with an Oxy set! the "owner" was half pleased! when they got the bill!.

Pete

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think so, when the gas locker is down the bottom line will be straight. Now you've made me look again I like it even less. Just to the left there looks to be a small panel under an amber reflector, I would like to see it there, if it were mine. Or even where that reflector is.

It sure would not add to a holiday if this gets knocked off.
Yes, below the reflector in the little bit of panel would have been better I agree, I wonder if there was something in the way?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Sorry but I when I see a possible problem I just can't say nothing, that would really be letting you down.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Have to agree with Brian, my first thought was it looks low (roughly about the centre of the wheel if not lower looking at the photo but could be deceiving depending on the angle)
Am sure Autogas, who have a very good reputation, would sort it if you were concerned about the height being a potential problem

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am pretty sure the monster urban speed bumps I had to negotiate today that would have taken that inlet valve off!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes, below the reflector in the little bit of panel would have been better I agree, I wonder if there was something in the way?

That is where I fitted mine.. nothing in the way.. the bit of pipe insulation you can see is covering a short piece of ally angle I fitted to stop the panel flexing when filling.. the fill hose is resting on it.. didn't want it chaffing.

you can also see clearly in this photo where the chassis rail is

Attachments

• DSCF2329.JPG
    DSCF2329.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 100
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
QUOTE="hilldweller, post: 1614263, member: 5089"]I don't think so, when the gas locker is down the bottom line will be straight. Now you've made me look again I like it even less. Just to the left there looks to be a small panel under an amber reflector, I would like to see it there, if it were mine. Or even where that reflector is.

It sure would not add to a holiday if this gets knocked off.[/QUOTE]

It looks low to me too, I fitted mine in the panel to the right of the gas locker.
image.jpg
image.jpg
[

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
May have trouble fitting gas nozzle, I had my filler point on the skirt and had a problem sometimes connecting the gas nozzle to it.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Kate, the only way you will know if you have trouble connecting nozzle is to pop out and fill up. Looks fine to me, as above the locker shown so should not get caught on anything, but that's a personal view.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I have my connector fitted in the skirt of our MH, as its on an Alko chassis its about level with the centre of the wheels.
With my creaking back and wonky knees I have a problem filling up sometimes. My technique is to have the nozzle upside down, IE the hose is coming upwards, this makes things much easier. Of course in France with the pan type connector its much easier as there is no angular alignment, unlike the British bayonet fitting.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks for all your comments and Bill has truley took everything on board and thanksyou for all your concerns . If we have any probs we will go straight back to Auto gas :) :) :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't why they couldn't do the job properly and fitted the filler in the skirt, would have made a neater job and easier to fill.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sorry but I when I see a possible problem I just can't say nothing, that would really be letting you down.
Thanks Brian really appreciate you saying thats why we love fun so much :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back