help.....what is the best way to receive live TV on my tablet or phone (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think it was time for a technology leap. What is the best way to stream live TV on my tablet or android phone. Using wifi either on my home network or my phone network.
Thanks

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Try filmon
Works for me but the experts will be along no doubt
:)
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Funny just got back from trip Spain/France no problems getting free UK TV from filmon ,must have been lucky I guess :)

Must say though that was on laptop using fon WiFi

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Have just been chatting to my daughter, she says that Virgin anywhere can be used on mobile appliances. I'm with Virgin with unlimited everything so I think I will make this my first choice. Having said that I have just downloaded filmon and it looks very good to me thanks....(y)

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
Have just been chatting to my daughter, she says that Virgin anywhere can be used on mobile appliances. I'm with Virgin with unlimited everything so I think I will make this my first choice. Having said that I have just downloaded filmon and it looks very good to me thanks....(y)

Check it works with your mobile devices. Its very fussy about what it will and won't work with. Sadly between 2 mobiiles and 1 tablet, none of them are acceptable to Virgin Anywhere :( There is a list somewhere on their website.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Check it works with your mobile devices. Its very fussy about what it will and won't work with. Sadly between 2 mobiiles and 1 tablet, none of them are acceptable to Virgin Anywhere :( There is a list somewhere on their website.
Hi Lesley, I have it working but with some restrictions on what programs are available. I get a massage requesting my serial number before making more stations available. Not got around to doing this yet but have now left myself a note to do it today.(y) Do you have a virgin TIVO box as it is only the tivo that works with the virgin anywhere app.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Filmon for us even on poor site wifi if you are prepared to wait, it is possible to record an hour for free on to their server and download to a pc or other device later, can sometimes take a long time to download.
For €5 a month this allowance is increased to 4 hours which resets when downloaded and is plenty for us.
As well as UK TV there is all sorts of other dross on there that I have never bothered to investigate, would this be the fate of UK TV if the licence fee was abolished.......or is it already there.....SKY.....VIRGIN??

Deleted User
I use iPlayer or the ITV app both work fine anywhere in the world if you connect via a proxy server.

I think BBC iplayer have now put a block on this, certainly doesn't work anymore on Google Chrome with Zenmate.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You might find Virgin unlimited is only 2 gig max when abroad with their feel at home package

Deleted User
I was using it in Italy 4 weeks ago and in Thailand a few weeks before that.

What VPN were you using,is it free?
Checked zenmate again this morning and still not getting iplayer to work.

Deleted User
On the face of it Filmon looks great but is there a catch. Do you get bombarded with email adverts m, I mean. They must make money somehow.

I have found no catches, don't get bombarded with adverts, I do have adblock enabled though, no emails. Simply register in order to record, set up a recuring payment if you want the extra recording time, recording and then downloading is a little complicated but easily mastered.

Deleted User
I have just checked on zenmate's site and in order to use a UK IP address it is necessary to pay a monthly fee for the premium service. I don't know if this is a new development, I am sure that the free version worked last winter, in any case Filmon works out OK for us.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Anyone who wants to view on the TV rather than phone/tablet should investigate Amazon Firestick with Kodi (see ebay)
It offers virtually unlimited choice of live broadcasts, latest movies, box sets and free access to thousands of subscription channels :whistle:
I don't have one as my broadband isn't the fastest but having seen one in action, must say it's a remarkable bit of technology !

No registering accounts, no advertising or spam, it's just plug and play...

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
Hi Lesley, I have it working but with some restrictions on what programs are available. I get a massage requesting my serial number before making more stations available. Not got around to doing this yet but have now left myself a note to do it today.(y) Do you have a virgin TIVO box as it is only the tivo that works with the virgin anywhere app.

Yup, we have a Tivo box. We can only make the app sub for the remote control, and get the box to record programs etc for us. We don't even reach a point of being asked for a serial number! Digging around their website I found a list of device that they guarantee will work, and they say others maybe will/maybe won't and all ours aren't on the definitely will work list. When we need to replace a mobile, we'll pick one off the definitely will work list, and for now, will just come home to loads of stuff recorded.
Two of the devices we have that don't work with Virgin Anywhere is a Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and the 12.2 inch samsung tablet. The other phone is also a Samsung, but can't remember which model.

Happy enough with the freeview stuff, and amazon instant video, but just frustrated that the Virgin Anywhere exists and we can't use it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back