Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi all......have been to France many times and used the aires extensively....(y)
And never bovvered with ehu however ;) ..........CIRCUMSTANCES change :crying: :crying:
next year hoping to make it to Twin Lakes having had to cancel this year. My request is.........
recommendations for aires with ehu ( the 24hr. kind) from Mortagne back up to Dunkerque. Have checked on the usual sites but they don't seem to differentiate re ehu. Food and drink would be a priority:rofl:
We will have about 12 days :clap2:otherwise may have to resort to municipals :whistle2:
many thanks Jude

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Neufchâtel en bray Aire has electric on each pitch there is a restaurant on the adjoining campsite( owned by the same people)
It's only a couple of miles from the motorway.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Honfleur has some 16A and some 5A points, all included in the parking price, but nowhere near enough for every one so if it's busy you will probably be out of luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Honfleur has some 16A and some 5A points, all included in the parking price, but nowhere near enough for every one so if it's busy you will probably be out of luck.
Thanks .....yes might prove too busy never managed ehu yet on there:(

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks .....yes might prove too busy never managed ehu yet on there:(

What about a splitter? When I was there the chap ahead of me had the last (working) connection. When he realised he got out a splitter so we could share it.

Wyn

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Long time since we were at Suze sur Sarthe anyone know if still has ehu. Don't mind being in the walled bit. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What about a splitter? When I was there the chap ahead of me had the last (working) connection. When he realised he got out a splitter so we could share it.

Wyn

You could but you need to bare in mind that the point in the main part of the aire are only 5A so if you split that you don't have much to play with.

If you can get into the smaller area on the left as you drive up the road those points are 16A so are better suited to it.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Brilliant thanks, that would fit...... in place of Crotoy :thanks3:
It really is a lovely aire
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Always carry a splitter... If ehu essential what's wrong with municipals... Some beautiful ones around and fantastic value for money....

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Always carry a splitter... If ehu essential what's wrong with municipals... Some beautiful ones around and fantastic value for money....
;) Nothing wrong with 'em , just looking for new ideas (y) ?............and wouldn't want to have to rely on our splitter knowing our medical needs.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
;) Nothing wrong with 'em , just looking for new ideas (y) ?............and wouldn't want to have to rely on our splitter knowing our medical needs.

Aires with ehu few and far between... When you find one its normally a bun fight.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Ye
Yes, it means 'the very best'

Wyn

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I totally agree davanne. We stayed at St Claire aire last week. It was our first stop on an aire and there were only two motorhomes. Us and a french couple. Unfortunately the campsite with restaurant closes in September. Very well kept and pretty aire with washing machine and tumble drier if you need it!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think I already came across this , but just could not remember the meaning! Thanks for explaining, will write it down right away in my special English expressions notebook!:)
I believe the expression 'bees knees' comes form the fact that when bees collect nectar they store it in special pouches on their knees/legs so the 'bees knees' is the best/most desirable bit of a bee ... therefore it means it's the best you can get! :D

Not sure why the "dog's bollocks" is used to mean the same though ... possibly to do with the dog's potency???? :X3: I'll let someone else explain that one! :oops:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think I already came across this , but just could not remember the meaning! Thanks for explaining, will write it down right away in my special English expressions notebook!:)

no need its all on he net...Here are the top 10o :) you can practice for your next meet...

http://londontopia.net/londonism/fu...-100-cockney-rhyming-slang-words-and-phrases/

now this one good

Broken Link Removed

OK a test Yodel:

just got a nice sexton Blake with a Harry Randell on it.

what day is it?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
PLease
no need its all on he net...Here are the top 10o :) you can practice for your next meet...

http://londontopia.net/londonism/fu...-100-cockney-rhyming-slang-words-and-phrases/

now this one good

Broken Link Removed

OK a test Yodel:

just got a nice sexton Blake with a Harry Randell on it.

what day is it?

...Will you give me till the end of the day .....at least! Cause the little devils will never let me learn anything during the day! My day ends at about 7.45 ....I could even need up to next morning LOL! I'm getting old! But no doubt I'll give a go to your mystery sentence!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'll be waiting for an answer then @yodeli :)

The knack to how it works is its rhyming slang..But some of the connections can be a bit vague to say the least!:D

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi all......have been to France many times and often used the aires ....(y) never bovvered with ehu however ;) ..........CIRCUMSTANCES change :crying: :crying:
next year hoping to make it to Twin Lakes having had to cancel this year. My request is.........
recommendations for aires with ehu ( the 24hr. kind) from Mortagne back up to Dunkerque. Have checked on the usual sites but they don't seem to differentiate re ehu. Food and drink would be a priority:rofl:
We will have about 12 days :clap2:
many thanks Jude
:LOL: So now the hijack is over any more sites :D
thanks Jude

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We like municipals too, but they're often closed out of season

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can use the filter in campercontact to show only aires with electricity. What it doesn't show is whether there is just a connection at the service point or each pitch has a connection.

This is the bit below Paris with electricity.

Screenshot_20151102-182000.png

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y) Yes thanks..... have been on and ploughed through a few, but as you say that is the problem; at least All the Aires book does differentiate. That is one of the reasons I asked for referrals from people who have been, like davanne's recommendation(y)
If all else fails there are always sites but they always seem to be in the middle of nowhere :unsure: getting a bit long in the tooth for bikes :p

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
How about this one.
I know they switched off the services on 31st Oct. and I dont know when they come back on. But they do have electric.
Martizay is a commune in the Indre department in central France.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:) Thanks you............... have that ticked of in' all the aires', but cant remember it. :LOL:
Has space for 7 and only 4 ehu :( splitters not an option.
Jude

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thinking outside the box !
How much power do you actually need?
Would solar panels + a B2B charger + inverter give you what you need?
And if these would not give you enough, could you not simply add a cheap petrol battery charger, would not need to be pure sine wave, if you were only using it to top up your batteries?

If 240V is critical to you, maybe its worth making your own (using an inverter etc) rather than relying on site supplies.
You'd then be free to travel when/where you like.

Like I said, just thinking outside the box - please ignore if totally off track

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back