Greece debt knocked on head ? (1 Viewer)

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Rumours in German media tonight that the EU is going to let Greece off the 200 BILLION debt mountain.
Apparently Ireland owes more capita per head than Greece, will they get the same ?
Same week that the EU wants more money from member states to pay for the migration issues.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Rumours in German media tonight that the EU is going to let Greece off the 200 BILLION debt mountain.
Apparently Ireland owes more capita per head than Greece, will they get the same ?
Same week that the EU wants more money from member states to pay for the migration issues.
So my bid to put a McDonalds on the acropolis will be rejected then, as they no longer need the money. Shame......

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hmm, wonder who will come knocking next? Wonder whether this removes the incentive for Greece to behave in future?
Turns out the banks are too big to fail and some countries are too small to fail.....

If this turns out to be true I will not be impressed...

@Spanishsteve Do you have any links to these rumours?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hmm Greece owes 303Bn as far as I can discover. Are they forgiving €200Bn of this €303 or are they forgiving a part of the €200bn they are owed? Is the the ECB that is doing the forgiving or the Germans directly?

I can't find anything about this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's the only way they can recover..Germans got the same themselves..about time!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's the only way they can recover..Germans got the same themselves..about time!

Yeh and what did we get - shafted by the Yanks. I think we paid off our debt to them this year. Not only money they took us for loads of technology which got them the first supersonic flight.

So the Germans (now who lost the war ?) got aid to rebuild all new industry and we paid to convert our ancient industry back to peace time production and pick up the pieces.

Please Frau Merkel can we have €200,000,000,000 to put right what one of your predecessors did to us. We'll pay you back, honest.

PS.......
Oh S$$t, just read that report, we did get some of that Yank money. Sure as hell we didn't use it wisely.

Oh what the hell, Merkel, give us the €200b we deserve it having to put up with you.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We won the war and lost the peace........

When we were in the USA last year we heard over and over that the UK should repay it's war debt.... no mention of the German debt.

I asked if my family would then get back the industry / factory that was given to the USA as security for the loan. No answer to that one!!! My Uncle has all the papers and if he gets bored enough he might just start action in the US courts and waste the rest of the money :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Surely a Yank lawyer would take something like that on on a no win no fee basis, if you have half a case.

Probably not even half a case to be honest. The factories were commandeered for war work in the UK and, like many such places were never returned. The industry in the USA was one of the sweeteners for the loan.

No money on our side of the family - it went down the eldest male line :) - although I did work for the company for a while.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Wonder how that will affect our referendum vote :D

What referendum vote?? Bet if we get one it won't be a straight yes no and with Posh Dave at the reins we will stay in. BUSBY.:):):)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What referendum vote?? Bet if we get one it won't be a straight yes no and with Posh Dave at the reins we will stay in. BUSBY.:):):)
The question has already been set...

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
Leave the European Union

You can find the details Broken Link Removed.

OP
OP
Spanishsteve

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
I've looked on Twitter and it was a comment by @declanganley
I have tried to post a screenshot with no success.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Greece knew exactly what they were getting themselves into when they joined the EU. They have bled the system dry by there insistence to maintain and increase many benefits we in the other member states simply would never get. They play up like hell when they realise they cannot keep taking pensions at the age 0f 50 to 55 and in many cases 80% plus of their final salaries. In this country for example most of us wont get a pension till we are 66 or 67 but then we sit at home and complain instead of taking to the streets and playing up like buggery.

But they will be let of these simply HUGE debts because there is absolutely Zero chance they will ever pay even a small percentage of them off.

Greece is completely and utterly bust. As long as they are in the EU they will be nothing more than a liability.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back