RAC Arrival Scheme (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi,

I plan to join the RAC Arrival scheme as I am a c&cc member. Looking at the relevant web page (see this link) Car breakdown cover in the UK by RAC.

I think I am most likely to go for the £84.58 offering (Single cover - Roadside and recovery) for the following reasons:

Roadside: Always included
Recovery: I want this
Onward Travel: Do I need this considering that under recovery they will transport the RV to the campsite and home again? I don't think so.
At Home: If the RV won't travel more than 0.25 miles (where roadside kicks in) then it is probably because it won't start. Worse case scenario, cancel the weekend away. So I don't htink I want this.

So on that basis I think I want 'Roadside & Recovery' at £84.58

Are you a member of the Arrival scheme and if so, what level of cover did you choose and why?

And if you can give me any tips as to why I need more cover than I plan to, please do ::bigsmile:

Bryan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Bryan,

i took the same cover you are considering......roadside/recovery.

difference being i paid £82 so it must have gone up very recently.

i did enquire about ADAC but far too much trouble enrolling and not 100% sure what was and was not covered so i took the easy route....Arrival.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:Doh:I have the full package Brains
ask Pammy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
In the event of a non start or gearbox fault at home, have you concidered the cost of recovery to a suitable repair shop:Eeek:
check also that the page you have selected includes Euro cover
Maybe not, as there is a phone number below to call for Euro cover I could be wrong:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
In the event of a non start or gearbox fault at home, have you concidered the cost of recovery to a suitable repair shop:Eeek:
Maybe not, as there is a phone number below to call for Euro cover I could be wrong:Doh:
Geo

yep!!!! euro cover is an optional extra at a price:cry:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Geo

I take it your package is european Geo? How much was that then? and is it single or joint?

oh, and why do you bother? Just put your recovery truck on an a-frame and tow that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Reading that page sent me into a heart stopping flutter:Eeek: were off to France soon enough
so I have just checked my card
It appears I at least selected the right option when I took it out, my card clearly states European Arrival, does that mean then, there is a UK only Arrival Scheme :cry: someone is going to catch a cold
Check your Card Now!!!!!!!
Geo
Ps I didnt choose the Home Start option, that would be funny would'nt it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yep!!!

just checked mine and exact wording is....

personal - roadside, recovery accident care arrival - camping and caravan club.

diont remember asking for accident care though....maybe inclusive.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mines a Family Jobbie Bryan costa lot at least double what you were hoping for, yours should be a little less as you only realy need a joint membership at the most but could get away with a single, just swop seats if it breaks down
Ps have you tried Matchbox or Dinky for a quote:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think they do a post home service::bigsmile:
Geo

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
I would first check your insurance you may already be covered or could be for a small amount.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would first check your insurance you may already be covered or could be for a small amount.
Bryan has an Rv @ 6.5 ton and is outside the scope of most recovery policies 3.5 ton is the norm and your right some insurances do include cover but alas not for RVs:Doh:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi Bryan

I get the RAC cover with my Barclays current account. Its an all singing and dancing policy which includes full cover abroad.

It comes with the Barclays additions plus package and using nearly all the schemes its extremely good value for money.

Also if you are doing it direct with the RAC at our local Sainsburys theres an RAC salesman who is offering 50% off for the first year - might be worth you mentioning that at your end - you may get it cheaper.

If you are in a union or with certain banks, buildings societies, mortgage companies they also have different schemes.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I will be going this way on July 1st as my renewal for insurance is due and they don't want to add recovery for me (maybe the recovery at dirty duck at new year scared em:winky:) they have however reduced my policy by £200 (not the case at first though when they asked for another hundred pounds)

So basically my phone call instantly gave me a £300 reduction:whatthe::Eeek:

Lets hope the RAC don't drop this option before I am due as cant do it now as skint after paying the insurance premium in full:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Will they cover my cars and bikes under this cover?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes John its the member thats covered so what ever your in or on its included:thumb:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we pay around £150 for the arrival family cover for uk only, covers anything any of us are in/on, with no limits on motorhomes... which mine being 4.5 tons excludes me from my insurers breakdown recovery scheem which has a 4.25 ton limit.... not that it'd cover me anyway, as my van is now over their 12 year age limit, arrival has no age limit.

it was about 100 quid extra for the euro wide cover when we had it, but had that removed as we arent going abroad again for a long time,

when i was abroad, we wanted to go into poland, but arrival and rac said no cover, and only way was to go on the pay as you breakdown commercial scheem,

we never did go into poland, but were going to, and if we broke down and i couldent get it going, i'd pay localy for a tow to the nearest country covered by rac, then call em out.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Bryan,

I did enquire about the arrival scheme just before the Britannia scheme came up for renewal, and it wasn't comparable. We renewed with Britannia for £114 which gives us the Personal and Deluxe option with European cover for trips up to 180 days. This covers the MH, and Rita and myself whilst driving, or travelling in any other vehicle.

As some of you know, unfortunately we have personal experience of their service in March 08, and it was superb, ie, door to door, from Toulouse to our home in South Lincs, which took only six hours, with the MH to follow on a low loader within 21 days.

As Rita won't drive our MH, they will also provide a relief driver should I be incapacitated, and I specifically checked this out with them. They will try to use any UK licence holder that is travelling in the vehicle, to drive it back, so I told them that Rita isn't qualified for that class of vehicle and they have noted that on my data.

You do have to be a CSMA member for these rates though, but that isn't hard to do. :winky::winky::winky:

Britannia Rescue for CSMA Club Members - UK It looks like their rates have decreased since I renewed in February, which makes it an even better deal.

HTH,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back