Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
To help ease the impatience of waiting for our next ski trip, some retail therapy might be required!
I currently ski either some Rossignol Experience 84 or some K2 Maden'AK fat skis for powder.
Now, the Rossignols, being all-mountain and 84mm underfoot are great on piste, but not so good in the soft stuff because I am 100kg. The K2s are like wearing two snowboards and are very skittish on piste.
The new breed of all mountain skis look like they could combine the two and save having to forecast what I might be skiing on any given day.
I am looking at the Rossignol Sin 7. They are 98mm underfoot and have massive rocker but also a tight turn radius. I am thinking one pair of these will do it all.
Does anyone else ski on anything similar?
If so, do the 'all mountain' claims stack up?

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Hiya don't know the sins or where they are in the ranges but we bought new all mountain skis last season, actually they are classed as free ride Salomen Lumen Q . Both male and female versions mine are the 88s I think and hubbys are wider.

They are wide waisted with rocker to do off piste as well as on. I was unsure whether I'd get on with them as to date we've been mainly piste skiers with messing about off the edge in the powder rather than full off piste. I'm not the most confident or aggressive of skiers and we had poor snow as you know last year so challenging conditions i.e. ice, packed etc. so we never got to use the new skis a lot in powder but despite that we loved them from day 1. I never went back on my old carvers. The technology just made them feel responsive and easy to ski on and even on hard packed stuff and ice they gripped ok.

Hth, Ruth.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Lose some weight ya fat git and you can get more choice....

Ha ha

Getting me self some new blades...skiings for weird folk...got me self a ski bike too this year....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thinking the same thing this year but I'll rent several different types first, love off piste skiing especially deep powder so whatever I get must be able to do both.
Can't concentrate on skiing until Motogp is over though.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Lose some weight ya fat git and you can get more choice....

Ha ha

Getting me self some new blades...skiings for weird folk...got me self a ski bike too this year....

The only reason you got a ski bike cos you can't stay up on proper skis. (n););):rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Well they arrived and bloody hell they are light! The tip and tails have a honeycomb construction to reduce weight.
I skied something similar from a hire shop last year and the way these things ski suits me.
It is hard to judge how something will ski but they seem to bend in all the right places whilst being very stiff along the camber. They have a nice rise in the tip and tail to turn well in powder and avoid snagging on the moguls.

Just need some snow now! Will report back in February.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Well they arrived and bloody hell they are light! The tip and tails have a honeycomb construction to reduce weight.
I skied something similar from a hire shop last year and the way these things ski suits me.
It is hard to judge how something will ski but they seem to bend in all the right places whilst being very stiff along the camber.

It's all what works for you, but I tend to shy away from light skis for anything but touring, in variable conditions light skis seem jittery and get knocked of line particularly in heavier powder or crud and at speed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back