Kampa Motor Rally 260L AIR Pro Inflatable Fixed Motorhome Awning (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We don`t have one but during our travels this summer we have spoken to at least half a dozen people that had them and everyone expressed their delight at buying one, easy to erect, excellent stability in high winds and excellent build quality.
We would buy one in a heartbeat but they just won`t fit our motorhome.
Auto trail and their grand design team managed to line up windows, outside lockers and habitation doors with the wind out awning ends.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
thanks.. confirms what I thought ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Had a good look at one Jim very suprised at the stiffness of the blow up suports.
they were very firm and stable.
Reminicent of a proper good blow up outboard dingy, not the expected swimming pool lilo:D so not flimsey at all in my opinion

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We bought a unit at Lincoln after having a really good look at the Scotties one
We put it up straight away to make sure everything was in the bag and it all worked ok.

Very impressed with the whole thing. It went up easily and was very well made.
We bought the bigger one ( biggest ? ) that has three bays as it is to replace our full Thule safari room.

If I had to say anything negative about it, I would say that storage is problem as it is bloody big compared to the safari room

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
thanks John..

the two bay fits our van perfect.. the longer one would cover the garage door..

have now bitten the bullet and ordered one .. will give a review in due course :)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I sold the xl one on ebay (although I still have it as the winner never contacted me) and bought the L version. Used it last week.
The air pro is the one to go with as it is thicker stronger material.
As stated above. . It's a big bag and you will need storage space.
It comes with a manual pump (easy to use).. all required pegs .. curtains and a draught skirt.
Would certainly suggest laying a groundsheet out at first whilst you get your bearings with it.. the instructions are great but here's the main points for us.
It fixes to the wind out awning ... wind the awning out a bit so you can reach it. I would suggest maybe putting the legs down to help take the initial strain as you slide it on. (Remember the inflatable tubes go on the inside! )
Once on you can wind the awning back in and continue with the instructions to pump it up... it's very easy and quick. Once it's obviously filling up you give it a little pull to prompt it to pop out... and it does. You continue pumping until it stops. . You can't over fill with the pump.
Once it's up you just peg it out and use the guy lines too... make sure you pull it close under the van to minimise or remove the gap.
I reckon once it's slid on the awning rail it takes between 4-6 mins to pump it up and after that it's just a matter of pegging it out.
We also bought the rug for it. It's a good fit and good underfoot.

Once up it looks great. It's suprisingly solid and a great addition to our van.
A nice touch is the inner rail system beside the van that allows you to slide a hangar and 'tidy' made by Kampa onto them.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We bought the 260L at the Lincoln Show and also tried it straight away to make sure that it fit and also that everything worked ok. We're impressed with the quality and the ease at which it went up and came down. We were advised to use a brush or something to support the wind out awning as we were attaching the air pro and winding it back in as it is quite heavy. The only negative was that there were no instructions with ours!

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We looked at them at the NEC show....then bought one off ebay....2015 model, new from a shop....£445.00 plus p&p....We took it out of the bag, inflated it, pegged it out and it looked great. Took it down and back in bag all in 35 mins...which we thought was pretty good for the first time.....Looking forward to our next outing to use our new addition.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I sold the xl one on ebay (although I still have it as the winner never contacted me) and bought the L version. Used it last week.
The air pro is the one to go with as it is thicker stronger material.
As stated above. . It's a big bag and you will need storage space.
It comes with a manual pump (easy to use).. all required pegs .. curtains and a draught skirt.
Would certainly suggest laying a groundsheet out at first whilst you get your bearings with it.. the instructions are great but here's the main points for us.
It fixes to the wind out awning ... wind the awning out a bit so you can reach it. I would suggest maybe putting the legs down to help take the initial strain as you slide it on. (Remember the inflatable tubes go on the inside! )
Once on you can wind the awning back in and continue with the instructions to pump it up... it's very easy and quick. Once it's obviously filling up you give it a little pull to prompt it to pop out... and it does. You continue pumping until it stops. . You can't over fill with the pump.
Once it's up you just peg it out and use the guy lines too... make sure you pull it close under the van to minimise or remove the gap.
I reckon once it's slid on the awning rail it takes between 4-6 mins to pump it up and after that it's just a matter of pegging it out.
We also bought the rug for it. It's a good fit and good underfoot.

Once up it looks great. It's suprisingly solid and a great addition to our van.
A nice touch is the inner rail system beside the van that allows you to slide a hangar and 'tidy' made by Kampa onto them.
As above really. I bought a 390 XL used on eBay and very pleased with it indeed.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We bought the Motor Rally Air Pro 260 L at the NEC show at the start of the year for our little AT Tracker. Can't add much to the feedback already given, they're easy to put up, but do read the destructions first and peg out the webbing straps as directed (position under van). We have the rear poles but can't really use them due to window position (not that we've really tried though). The supplied pump will not allow over inflation. Once up they are very stable, we use ours as a wet dog refuge!

Attachments

• motorrallyairpro.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
On a similar note, I purchased an electric pump - not the Kampa one but a French one that you can select the cut out point (11 psi, I think).

It is very hard pumping up an air awning when you only have webbed feet and wings..........

......no, I'm lazy. The manual pump is pretty good

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Since my last post the courier delivered the awning..

really impressed with the quality.. it is top notch.. and extreme well made..

putting up was easy peasy.. less than 10mins from removing from bag.. not pegged out yet .. so say another 1o mins tops..

It's quite bulky, but no so heavy and it stores in an inside locker under the bench seat..

Attachments

• DSCF2323.JPG
    DSCF2323.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF2324.JPG
    DSCF2324.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF2325.JPG
    DSCF2325.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF2327.JPG
    DSCF2327.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF2328.JPG
    DSCF2328.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 88

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Since my last post the courier delivered the awning..

really impressed with the quality.. it is top notch.. and extreme well made..

putting up was easy peasy.. less than 10mins from removing from bag.. not pegged out yet .. so say another 1o mins tops..

It's quite bulky, but no so heavy and it stores in an inside locker under the bench seat..
Pleased that you like it, Jim. We found out that the pegging out squarely was vital to get it looking right when up. Self evident, really, but it wasn't to us!!

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Ive been so tempted to buy the 260 as i think it would be great to slip dirty shoes / clothes off etc. The longest we have ever stayed in one place is 2 days and thats what keeps putting me off. They do look a great bit of kit though.

After measuring i reckon it would fit from side of kitchenette /dinette window with the awning light just creeping in on the other side , Apache 700.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The longest we have ever stayed in one place is 2 days and thats what keeps putting me off.

Understand what you mean.. but it's so quick and easy to put up and take down.. would be worth that little bit of effort.. wouldn't hesitate using just for a weekend..

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Pleased that you like it, Jim. We found out that the pegging out squarely was vital to get it looking right when up. Self evident, really, but it wasn't to us!!

indeed.. I was a bit lazy.. and it looked like rain was on the way..

very impressed with the material , it's 300 denier .. the Vango inflatable pole drive-away we looked at in Camping and General was only 150 denier ripstop.. this is a different class.

.. can't wait to try it out properly..

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I dont suppose you took a picture of the awning and all the gabbing in the bag Jim ?

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Also is yours an omnistor awning and does it go straight on?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I dont suppose you took a picture of the awning and all the gabbing in the bag Jim ?

em.. sorry, no.. but it fits under the bench seat ..

yes, it slides straight into the 6mm channel.. It's fairly heavy so I had Jan support the rail with a brush while I rolled it back up..

the awning has two beads.. one 6mm and 8mm

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
We would buy one in a heartbeat but they just won`t fit our motorhome.
Auto trail and their grand design team managed to line up windows, outside lockers and habitation doors with the wind out awning ends.

I note that the one in the pic in first post... Is shorter than the wind-out awning... :) and doesn't cover the Hab door...

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Motor Rally AIR Pro 260 L & 390 L – designed to fit coach built motor homes with a rail height of between 250 - 265 cm high

Motor Rally AIR Pro 260 XL & 390 XL – designed to fit coach built motor homes with a rail height of between 265 - 280 cm high

Another dilemma is which one would i order ? As it stands on the drive the front of the omnistor is 2557mm and 2610 , so if i were to use levellers one end could raise by maybe 150mm.
You've really got me at it now. So would i go with the 260XL?

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I note that the one in the pic in first post... Is shorter than the wind-out awning... :) and doesn't cover the Hab door...
If i were to get one it would fall about 3-4 inches short of covering the kitchen window which is flush fitted so not a problem i think.

I lied , just been out and measured and it falls half way which is ideal really as its a slider and would be functional as regards ventilating to the outside rather than the awning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Motor Rally AIR Pro 260 L & 390 L – designed to fit coach built motor homes with a rail height of between 250 - 265 cm high

Motor Rally AIR Pro 260 XL & 390 XL – designed to fit coach built motor homes with a rail height of between 265 - 280 cm high

Another dilemma is which one would i order ? As it stands on the drive the front of the omnistor is 2557mm and 2610 , so if i were to use levellers one end could raise by maybe 150mm.
You've really got me at it now. So would i go with the 260XL?

0n the drive my rail is 2600 at the back and 2550 at the front . I sometimes use levelers .. but not always..

do you always use levellers ? If not I'd go with the L .. there is a bit of leaway.. it has a skirt on the bottom of the wall inside for pegging down under a grounsheet. .. that would take up any shortfall in height at the van wall..

rather have a bit short than too long .. but your decision..

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Speaking from experience if it's too long then you're stuffed. It will not sit anywhere near the side of the van.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
0n the drive my rail is 2600 at the back and 2550 at the front . I sometimes use levelers .. but not always..

do you always use levellers ? If not I'd go with the L .. there is a bit of leaway.. it has a skirt on the bottom of the wall inside for pegging down under a grounsheet. .. that would take up any shortfall in height at the van wall..

rather have a bit short than too long .. but your decision..
Ah, yes.....my van sits nose down as well. Haven't really bothered if the awning looks slightly skewiff.........

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Last but not least, where did you purchase at such a good price?

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
We tried to buy a 260 l air pro last year, advised not one in the country, so we went for the 260l with the poles on the outside, fair value, looks good, had a few good comments, does the extra expense for the air model warrrant the outlay! a couple of dealers have said they won't last to long when being used long term in the more sunny climes, you pays your money and takes your choice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back