Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Hi,

I'm Buying a pre owned 585, The standard table seems a bit on the big size. I am thinking about removing the table and using a free sanding folding table.

Has anyone else one this, is it difficult. How did you cover the original table fixing point on the floor?

Thanks

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
hi there, I have an Aviano i640G. I have the same issue. The table is great, well built and very heavy! We want to replace it with a freestanding one because: 1) it gives us a really open lounge are when its removed 2) we could use a freestanding one outside too 3) we could save some weight!
We are going to start looking seriously now. I will report back anything we find.

John

OP
OP
A

autosleepers

Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I wasn't familiar with your Burstner model but looked at some pics on the web. Is it a pedestal table couldn't tell? one of my main concerns would be how to blank of the hole left in the floor so that it is flush and looks tidy.

I haven't had any responses other than yours and I haven't had time to do very much research. look forward to hearing about anything you find out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
Hi. Yes mine is a pedestal table, just lift and pull it out of the wall channel. Its very easy to do and as you say, no hole in floor! Attached is a pic without it. You can see the wall channel.
I will update if I get anywhere!
IMG_1599.JPG

Diamondcub

Free Member
May 17, 2013
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
I too would like to replace my table for the same reasons, Ive been looking but havent found anything suitable yet. Did you manage to find anything? advice would be much appreciated, thanks

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We also want to remove the table in our Pilote G742. Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has done this successfully without devaluing their van and with the option to reinstate the table if selling the van later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Different van, but same problem..

I recently removed the heavy table on my Hymer and fitted folding legs to it purchased from O'Leary's, which means it can also be used outside now.. it is now stored in the outside locker..

For occasional use when we don't need a full size table I bought a small ally table that stores in the wardrobe.. from Clas Ohlson

thread with photos here ..http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/hymer-b644-g-table-any-ideas.117376/

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Different van, but same problem..

I recently removed the heavy table on my Hymer and fitted folding legs to it purchased from O'Leary's, which means it can also be used outside now.. it is now stored in the outside locker..

For occasional use when we don't need a full size table I bought a small ally table that stores in the wardrobe.. from Clas Ohlson

thread with photos here ..http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/hymer-b644-g-table-any-ideas.117376/
That sounds well worth the effort Jim. Bit off topic but what a great shop Clas Ohlson is. We have both clas ohlson and Maplin in Watford. What more could a man want..(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
RS Components (y)

and do you remember Radio Shack.. ? American company that sold lots of boys toys .. sadly they left the UK in 1999
We also have a huge RS Components (y) I do remember Radio Shack(y). I think we need more proper mens shops on the high street. We are shoppers too;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I often used to go into Tandy. We have to travel to visit towns with Clas Ohlson because we don't have one.

Back on topic, I wanted to remove the swing down table/bed support from our Burstner t625 as it is both heavy and got in the way. I bought Broken Link Removed pedestal legs because it fixes in place, rather than just being pushed together as the Fiamma one is, so is safe to leave in place when travelling. I've used the same table top for now as we haven't had time to research a replacement.

I have kept the original support and fixings so can replace it easily if I wish.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
That is a big table! Why not just cut the table top down to a more manageable size?
Search Google Images for folding table legs - there are loads.
I made something similar for our narrow boat but you have to find a convenient place to store it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back