Nationwide Flexplus Breakdown insurance (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Has anyone been unfortunate enough to use the Nationwide Flexplus Breakdown insurance, Specially in Europe? How was the expiriance with them?
We have 8m long,4.5 ton MH.
Advice please.

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Don't know who they are but we broke a coil spring in Dorset I'm insured with caravan guard 8meteres 41/2 ton 150 miles from home gave us a van to come home in brought our MH home on 40 foot low loader next day no problem no cost

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Thanks Rapido925M.
Yes it's cover up to 8m and 7.5ton.
The question, is it good enough to replace the breakdown insurance we have with the MH insurance from Comfort with Aviva?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Watching with interest as we moved account to them just as they made the breakdown cover up to 7.5t. Van insurance due in couple of months so will look at all options.

Out of interest my son moved to Nationwide and a month later had to make a claim ref his dropped mobile phone. There was a fixed cost of £25 but they sorted the repair out pretty quick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
About 4 weeks ago we were at camping ampolla at L'ampolla.I had a faulty brake light switch,the one behind the brake pedal.Mine is a Renault master base.Called nationwide explained everything to them,they were in uk so were english and asked if they could source a part only as it is a simple fit as easy as changing a lightbulb.They sent out a breakdown truck and driver wanted to load me on and take us to their garage for repair even going as far as if its not fixed they can transport me back to the uk.
I explained to the breakdown driver through the lady on reception that i was mobile and needed the switch which I showed him.He rang his boss and said he,d be back.Nationwide called me asking for an update ,I explained the situation to which they said they could get the part to me and fixed for 60 euros.Told them I only wanted the part etc.Then recieved a text to say they couldn't help me anymore and to find it myself.End of story with the Nationwide recovery.That took about 6 hours out of my day.All I can say about the natonwide is they dont seem prepared and didn't understand the situation.They would of course have arranged alternative transport and recovered the motorhome.
The lady at Camping ampolla reception was the most helpful person out of all this .After I explained everything she made a phone call and located one 9 miles away in Tortosa.Drove there with brother and got the part for 17 euros.This campsite is highly recommended by me for that alone,but bring earplugs for saturday night.(disco next door)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back