110cm Satellite dish carried on a fiamma bike rack...safe? (1 Viewer)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

We are soon leaving on a eurotrip

I have been wondering about vertically strapping the 110cm dish to the vertical bars on the back of the motorhome (fiamma bike rack), do you think this is safe or will the tail wind create too much force on the bike rack?

would love some input/advice, I found this thread, sounds like others have done it...Link Removed

I guess its no different to putting a cover over the bikes on the rack while in transit, same wind drag.

I have load straps to strap it on, then a few bikes on infront of it.

Link Removed

thanks

N&K

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Apart from loosing the signal every time you change lanes
I cant realy see a problem, I suspect with the aero dynamics of a house brick
Motor homes may well have a vacume at the rear not a vortex:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
go for it:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Apart from loosing the signal every time you change lanes
I cant realy see a problemGeo

The wife wont be pleased if I change lanes half way through Eastenders :roflmto:

Thanks Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I wouldn't have thought it would cause any problems, albeit you won't get a very good signal in that position:ROFLMAO:

Seriously why are you carrying such a large dish, are you heading for southern Spain only if you aren't then you could get away with a much smaller one.

Hi

We are soon leaving on a eurotrip

I have been wondering about vertically strapping the 110cm dish to the vertical bars on the back of the motorhome (fiamma bike rack), do you think this is safe or will the tail wind create too much force on the bike rack?

would love some input/advice, I found this thread, sounds like others have done it...Link Removed

I guess its no different to putting a cover over the bikes on the rack while in transit, same wind drag.

I have load straps to strap it on, then a few bikes on infront of it.

Link Removed

thanks

N&K

OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi Braunston

Thanks, yep used it at New Year in the south of spain managed to get BBC1 south of Cartagena :) Link Removed

Its all strapped on, thanks for you help. If you see a 110cm dish on the side of the road in Europe, please take a note of your GPS co-ordinates so that I can go an collect it , cheers :ROFLMAO:

Happy Holidays everyone

N&K

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Have a wonderful time and safe travels.

I have not long been back home after almost a month and I am really ready to go again.

Have FUN

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Braunston

Thanks, yep used it at New Year in the south of spain managed to get BBC1 south of Cartagena :) Link Removed

Its all strapped on, thanks for you help. If you see a 110cm dish on the side of the road in Europe, please take a note of your GPS co-ordinates so that I can go an collect it , cheers :ROFLMAO:

Happy Holidays everyone

N&K

never mind loosing it.......

dont stop 'n' shop anywhere dodgy or it'll be gone when you get back:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back