Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
This is a long post so bear with me.

So we sold our van last week.

But we decided a few weeks ago.that we want a layout similar to our previous coach built rapido but in A class form.

No probs then,or so we thought!!.

I have spent weeks looking for the layout we want and there appears to be only two types ever made one by hymer one by rapido,but so rare.

Then pure luck I found one made by hymer . Only thing is although it is newer than our previous vans 07,it's still the x244 chassis,but more importantly it needs some tlc shall we say,not Mechanicly it's only done 19,000 miles with fsh,.but interior wise it's "tired".

Based on what it is & the rarity of it unsure whether to just buy it and replace interior as required or just wait for some thing else to come along could be a very long wait!!!!.

BTW it's a hymer bc595, rear lounge,front dinette, a class all less than 6.2 mtrs long.the only other vehicle with same layout is rapido 9010df.

Just wondered what or funders would do buy it or wait?

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi Karl If it is of any use we had our van redone internally by both care a van and regal furnishing for about 1500 quid, so if its the van you want this is a guide as to what it may cost, we thought it was well worth it.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Like this

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Another funster has the same van.
He's just done a thread on " cleaning " it. ;)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Another funster has the same van.
He's just done a thread on " cleaning " it. ;)

;)

Yes, I have the 9010df. If you want RHD then good luck to you, I have not seen one for sale this year that is RHD. And then, the ones that do command the extra 15k for being English...

Even LHD, I only came across maybe 4? And yes, a rear lounge 4 berth with 4 belted seat in an A Class format, with up front dinette is very rare, so if you've seen one that you like - sit up and pay attention!!! They don't come about often :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If the model you want is hard to find and everything else about it is good then I would buy it and reupholster.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where has it been? Has it been sat in the sun in Spain for months on end? The mileage is probably just below average for quite a lot of MHs but if the interior is that 'worn out' I'd be sure to carefully examine not only the soft furnishings but all the cupboards, drawers etc for signs of wear/repair ... if you can get it for a good price though most stuff can be sorted out!

As for it being a 2007 x244 to be honest that would be my preference ... no way would I touch a x250 Fiat from 2006 to 2010 due to juddergate!

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Thats the one

Where has it been? Has it been sat in the sun in Spain for months on end? The mileage is probably just below average for quite a lot of MHs but if the interior is that 'worn out' I'd be sure to carefully examine not only the soft furnishings but all the cupboards, drawers etc for signs of wear/repair ... if you can get it for a good price though most stuff can be sorted out!

As for it being a 2007 x244 to be honest that would be my preference ... no way would I touch a x250 Fiat from 2006 to 2010 due to juddergate!

Its not just the uphosltery, there is quite a few things to replace repair.

here it is http://www.nickwhalemotorhomes.co.uk/hymermobil-classic-648. The photos don't really show the bad bits.

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, are you sure that's a 2007 model? The body style looks older, and i thought that style (blue/white) bathroom was earlier.

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi, are you sure that's a 2007 model? The body style looks older, and i thought that style (blue/white) bathroom was earlier.

Looking at the hymer serial number it was actually built in 2003.

Will they move on price, maybe offer 25k.

(y)

They will move quite a lot on price but they will not do any of the repairs.

Items requiring attention are -

all of the orginal tables/ legs are missing.
Front seats the weld at the base has snapped
upholstery quite badly frayed on several cushions
electric step knacked
Rear bumper cracked in several places
Hob Glass broken
one of the Seat boxes at front has been cut down to reduce depth so needs reinstating.
The washbasin & other bathroom plastics are really yellow(i know a lot of hymers suffer from this)
Its absolutely fithly inside,

Some items are cosmetic don't necesasary need doing.

oh its got no oven or cab air con :LOL:.

Karl

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Les's brother was quite keen on one of the IH's he was showing at Malvern.....they didn't buy but they were left with a bit of an impression that if there was problems after purchase they weren't too confident that he'd have the experience or facilities to get it sorted.....
But didn't you buy from Oak Tree (or have I got you confused with some other chippy? Apols if I have).....they're sort of similar though customer service wise.....
Ironically Les's brother should've collected his 1st mh today........from Oak Tree:rolleyes:
Apart from all that, if it's a rare van then I'd go for it (fwiw):)(y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
They will move quite a lot on price but they will not do any of the repairs.

Mmmm, see what you mean :D, well I would fire a few emails off to various suppliers/repairers with your requirements, get some estimates and go from there.

You are in the driving seat (pun intended), does seem like it has been well used, but if it what you want and can get it for the right price, it might be worth a punt.

I would have thought £5,000 (finger in air price) should cover it.

(y)

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Les's brother was quite keen on one of the IH's he was showing at Malvern.....they didn't buy but they were left with a bit of an impression that if there was problems after purchase they weren't too confident that he'd have the experience or facilities to get it sorted.....
But didn't you buy from Oak Tree (or have I got you confused with some other chippy? Apols if I have).....they're sort of similar though customer service wise.....
Ironically Les's brother should've collected his 1st mh today........from Oak Tree:rolleyes:
Apart from all that, if it's a rare van then I'd go for it (fwiw):)(y)

We did buy one from oaktree but that was last august.:)

Mmmm, see what you mean :D, well I would fire a few emails off to various suppliers/repairers with your requirements, get some estimates and go from there.

You are in the driving seat (pun intended), does seem like it has been well used, but if it what you want and can get it for the right price, it might be worth a punt.

I would have thought £5,000 (finger in air price) should cover it.

(y)

Yeah £4500 to £ 5000 is about right, trouble is no end of negotiation is getting me £ 5000 off.:(

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Yeah £4500 to £ 5000 is about right, trouble is no end of negotiation is getting me £ 5000 off.:(

Well, go in 7k cheaper, then 'up' your offer to 5k under...

Businesses like these often can do with the cashflow and movement of stock. If you can buy now (when they are starting to see business slow out of season) then you may be surprised at what they will do. Especially if you make it clear that a deal can be done cash in the next 3 days, for example.

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Well, go in 7k cheaper, then 'up' your offer to 5k under...

Businesses like these often can do with the cashflow and movement of stock. If you can buy now (when they are starting to see business slow out of season) then you may be surprised at what they will do. Especially if you make it clear that a deal can be done cash in the next 3 days, for example.

Tried that the best i can get is £3000.00 off

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
It's Autumn I'd wait a bit longer. Not as though your going to miss a great deal of good trips out and something else may turn up.(y)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Tried that the best i can get is £3000.00 off

You're not a million miles off where you want to be. Who blinks first?

I'd want to see how much a sorted one in Europe costs first.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I would wait, I wouldn't be that happy buying a 2003 van sold as a 2007 and the newer multijet engines are so much more refined and nicer to drive.
ERM..... So how did it get from 2007 to 2003 ????
that is a trade description matter isn't it???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back