Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

I know this may appear to be me at my squeakiest (it probably is),
but I've just had my sideways facing seat cushion insides replaced.

SWMBO thought I was puddled for bringing the old sponge, (approx 24"x20"x5" )back home but I've cut a strip off the side, split that in half and got about 8 sponges suitable for use in washing the 'van down. Goodness knows how many more are left of the old sponge.

Those of you replacing rear lounge cushions will be able to open up a market stall.

By the way, I used one of those 'throwaway' extendable snapoff blades set to the maximum length to perform the cutting. Worked a treat.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I used an electric carving knife to cut foam and sponge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Being careful with folding stuff myself I can see the point BUT don't use the sponges on your motor home as they will hold small bits of grit which will scratch. Far better to buy (swear word) a noodle mitt which will release any grit in the wash bucket, although it means parting with money noodle mitts are not too expensive and last years

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Being careful with folding stuff myself I can see the point BUT don't use the sponges on your motor home as they will hold small bits of grit which will scratch. Far better to buy (swear word) a noodle mitt which will release any grit in the wash bucket, although it means parting with money noodle mitts are not too expensive and last years
Noodle mits are also good for drying you off after a shower ... especially for the hard to reach places! :D

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Though this was another Benefits post:D
Never met a Woman yet with hard to reach places apart form her purse;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Noodle mits are also good for drying you off after a shower ... especially for the hard to reach places! :D

The sponges however, when cut into 'sponge' sized pieces but only about an inch thick (ie 8"x6"x1") are brilliant for getting into the corners of wheels to get rid of brake dust.
Tip: Write a large W &T on the sponge in perm. marker. Then you will know they're reserved for the wheels and Tyres.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back